Home

Bacon's Fictional Roster

This is a discussion on Bacon's Fictional Roster within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2020, 01:43 AM   #609
Rookie

catswithbats's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Bacon's Fictional Roster

I just DL'd this roster and liked it so much it's inspired me to try and make my own.

Great work, Bacon! Thanks for doing this.
Old 01-22-2020, 01:19 PM   #610
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by catswithbats
I just DL'd this roster and liked it so much it's inspired me to try and make my own.

Great work, Bacon! Thanks for doing this.
Great to hear! Let me know if you'd like any help.

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter
Old 01-23-2020, 04:02 AM   #611
Rookie

catswithbats's Arena

I was wondering how you did the simming portion... Do I have it right that you'd load the roster file into a franchise and sim before importing the players into a new roster file? Or is there something else I'm missing?

It seems kind of complicated and I'm happy to just start mine with a bunch of rookies...but I do like the realism your roster offers.

Thanks for any advice! I'm playing two franchises with yours and I just landed Mayfield in free agency in one of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon96
Great to hear! Let me know if you'd like any help.
Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2020, 10:52 AM   #612
MVP

OVR: 3

I dont know why one of my first reactions was to come here and congratulate and high five you on the news, but its confirmed, the new game will allow for fictional logos and team names. What does this mean for the fictional roster in 2020?
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 01-24-2020, 12:21 PM   #613
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture Rot
I dont know why one of my first reactions was to come here and congratulate and high five you on the news, but its confirmed, the new game will allow for fictional logos and team names. What does this mean for the fictional roster in 2020?
No one really knows yet. I'm sure Bacon want's to see if all the customization can be done outside of Franchise mode first before he does anything drastic.
Old 01-25-2020, 01:42 AM   #614
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture Rot
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
No one really knows yet. I'm sure Bacon want's to see if all the customization can be done outside of Franchise mode first before he does anything drastic.
Keeping my fingers crossed that there will be customization outside of franchise, like Show said, and I'll wait to decide what to do until it's made public what my options actually are.

I'm very excited to try to create team nicknames and logos if the opportunity arises but don't currently wish to share my thoughts on what I could *hypothetically* create so I will bite my tongue here.

Again, really hoping for the opportunity but not planning anything until I know what (and where) exactly everything is customizable.

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter

Last edited by bacon96; 01-25-2020 at 01:47 AM.
Old 01-25-2020, 01:47 AM   #615
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by catswithbats
I was wondering how you did the simming portion... Do I have it right that you'd load the roster file into a franchise and sim before importing the players into a new roster file? Or is there something else I'm missing?

It seems kind of complicated and I'm happy to just start mine with a bunch of rookies...but I do like the realism your roster offers.

Thanks for any advice! I'm playing two franchises with yours and I just landed Mayfield in free agency in one of them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Yeah, the simming is the most tedious and boring portion of the creation process. I usually did all my service time/stats on MLB16 with batches of players up to ten or so in a group. I'd sim for a bit, see how their stats turned out and throw them back in the master file...rinse and repeat. Then as I created more, I did service on the newer games (MLB17 & MLB18) until the glitch no longer worked as it did previously and I didn't sim any service on MLB19.

I hope you know of the glitch otherwise I'm really jumping ahead here.

---

Glad to hear you started a franchise with mine as well! Mayfield is a beast. He's probably the best hitter within the roster and even runs bases well...just make sure he's your DH lol

Baseball is Better!

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2020, 06:50 PM   #616
Rookie

DaltonT4's Arena

OVR: 5

Love this roster. I added myself and friends onto it and it’s the most fun I’ve had in awhile. I’m entering 2029 and I just want to say Paul Keys of the Indians is a beast. He’s won 4 MVP’s in a row and is a terror to face.
NFL: Cincinnati Bengals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »