Home

Shock, Consternation, Childish, Entitled

This is a discussion on Shock, Consternation, Childish, Entitled within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 01:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Shock, Consternation, Childish, Entitled

I would like to start this post by stating that I have been a constant observational user of OS and it's forums for the past few years (I actually have only signed up recently to post a quick question). This website and its forums have been exemplary outlets for knowledge, information and slider/roster help for games such as NHL, Madden, NBA2K and, of course, MLB The Show. In those regards, this site is the best around.

I am 31 years old. The reason I reveal that information is because of what has been listed in my subject/thread title. The thread title is in regard to what I have seen on this roster forum regarding the homemade rosters that people have made. To my knowledge, no one gets paid for this. To my knowledge, this is a video game. To my knowledge, ANYONE can d/l a roster set, and go into ANY player they want to edit, and edit said player THEMSELVES. No one has an obligation to make these rosters. No one has to listen to any feedback from anybody. When someone goes out of their way to take on this incredible task, I am stunned. This can't be done for themselves and themselves alone. It's insane. Really. So, when I see people complain, badger, and passive aggressively chide the creators in any capacity in regard to THEIR roster creations, I am aghast and disgusted. Leave them alone! Play your game. Play a different game. Another idea? Grow up! Learn the virtues of patience and respect. It's so asinine to sit there and try to tell someone how to do something you yourself would never even think about doing.

In conclusion, I implore you whiners, complainers, 'suggesters' and 'helpers', and you 'hey appreciate what you do but..' ers (?) to disable your keyboards and leave it alone. Either use the rosters from the actual game, use the rosters in the vault, or wait for the 'one' you truly want. That is all. Do nothing else. These people don't do it for your advice and feedback or, shockingly, for your appreciation. They do it for themselves, their friends, and overall community enjoyment. Grow up or go away. It's exhausting coming here for the sole reason of clicking a link and seeing if something has been released or updated (with no intention of posting anything) only to have to trudge through absolute nonsense along the way.

Oy vey.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2017, 10:42 AM   #2
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Re: Shock, Consternation, Childish, Entitled

Amen!

Entitlement, sitting behind a keyboard in anonymity.. Scourge of the interwebs.

.. SDS needed to drop the approval rating on rosters. 'Like' only. Don't like it, don't star it. Allow comments even. But don't allow users to thumbs down somebody's work. It's childish and misleading and as is evident, plenty of tw@ts misuse at the expense of others.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-03-2017, 11:10 AM   #3
MVP

RidinDwnKingsley's Arena

OVR: 16

Unfortunately its gotten worse over the years, in all my years I have never seen it as bad as this year and the ironic thing is the product is the best ever... from the game by SDS to the rosters, OSFM, Hybrid any of the newer rosters are so much more complete than in years past. It just goes along with entitlement in society but its sad. As for the approval rating on the roster vault thats a whole other conversation... when people get together to drag down the ratings of rosters for an agenda its pretty pathetic lol especially when those rosters they are voting down are the most downloaded and used in the vault. Hopefully there is a better system at some point for that. Its us old school gamers that appreciate what we have now and did not have before. The reason I myself keep doing it is guys like us and the younger guys and there are many many great guys here who appreciate it and want to make the game as complete as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-03-2017, 11:59 AM   #4
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I know I have said it a zillion times, but the OS roster community is truly why I am here and play this game as much as I do.

I am 47 years young and have been a passionate sports gamer most of my life. The appreciation I have for how sports games are today cannot be expressed enough.

What these roster editors and creators bring us is a gift and a privilege. Being able to play with guys I grew up admiring and trying to emulate on the real diamond.....just awesome.

And this year? I have never seen such amazing work. And all the big heavyweight creators are out in force this year because this game is that good, and looks that life like too. The rosters are at a new level along with this incredible sports game.

I have really put on a huge filter this year as I read the general forum. I say I am going to just leave the general forum.....but I still see guys who truly want to learn, and find better ways to play and enjoy the game. And it is about community. I am here to help.

But sometimes man.......I just have to SMH is disbelief at this new generation of internet/trolling/entitlement by kids and 20 somethings today (heck maybe people my age too..plenty of crack pots in all shapes and sizes lol). It is truly insane.

And I realize adults said the same exact thing about my generation when I was growing up in the 80's.......but technology and communication in this day in age has taken social interaction to great places but also....very dark places. It is a double edged sword.

But respect and appreciation today is becoming more and more rare. Or maybe I am just getting older and wiser and getting a little crabby.

Who knows.

But we need to clean up up general forum a little bit. There are way too many nonsensical threads popping up daily with far too many over reaction and hyperbole without a true sample size....nor video nor any tangible proof of anything. It is a crazy.

Fortunately SDS is smarter than that and wades through the mud and is able to identify true issues and get mature and clear communication from some great OS members. No agenda's, just constructive and honest feedback.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 05-03-2017, 01:39 PM   #5
Banned

The fact that these rosters generate so much of a respsonse I would actually take it as a compliment if I was ridin, scott, etc. the fact that these rosters generate such a response shows how greatly they are anticipated. I know it's hard but if I were them I would just tune these people out.

I have been using OSFM since 2013 which I believe was the last year knight was involved ( I may be wrong). I personally feel like the rosters legacy has been continued thanks to ridin, and personally couldn't imagine this game without them. If it wasn't for him and some of the other face, equipment, and ratings guys these rosters wouldn't have been able to continue with knights growing obligations preventing him from committing time to this project year in and year out.

I know the naysayers outnumber the happy and appreciative crowd quite a bit, but I say don't let them get you down. Keep doing what your doing. You can't make everyone happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2017, 01:45 PM   #6
Banned

I also wonder how feasible it would be for in the future SDS could implement a feature to the vault to be able to download individual players instead of whole rosters, similar to how wwe 2k series does with their community creations.

I know that one of the big controversys of the OSFM release was that some top prospects in the lower levels of the minors were not included. That way if the roster guys were nice enough to create them, then people could just import and replace them with the players they did not want I.e. Tabow lol (I know this one was a hotly debated one)
Old 05-03-2017, 01:56 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I know I have said it a zillion times, but the OS roster community is truly why I am here and play this game as much as I do.

I am 47 years young and have been a passionate sports gamer most of my life. The appreciation I have for how sports games are today cannot be expressed enough.

What these roster editors and creators bring us is a gift and a privilege. Being able to play with guys I grew up admiring and trying to emulate on the real diamond.....just awesome.

And this year? I have never seen such amazing work. And all the big heavyweight creators are out in force this year because this game is that good, and looks that life like too. The rosters are at a new level along with this incredible sports game.

I have really put on a huge filter this year as I read the general forum. I say I am going to just leave the general forum.....but I still see guys who truly want to learn, and find better ways to play and enjoy the game. And it is about community. I am here to help.

But sometimes man.......I just have to SMH is disbelief at this new generation of internet/trolling/entitlement by kids and 20 somethings today (heck maybe people my age too..plenty of crack pots in all shapes and sizes lol). It is truly insane.

And I realize adults said the same exact thing about my generation when I was growing up in the 80's.......but technology and communication in this day in age has taken social interaction to great places but also....very dark places. It is a double edged sword.

But respect and appreciation today is becoming more and more rare. Or maybe I am just getting older and wiser and getting a little crabby.

Who knows.

But we need to clean up up general forum a little bit. There are way too many nonsensical threads popping up daily with far too many over reaction and hyperbole without a true sample size....nor video nor any tangible proof of anything. It is a crazy.

Fortunately SDS is smarter than that and wades through the mud and is able to identify true issues and get mature and clear communication from some great OS members. No agenda's, just constructive and honest feedback.
Shoot man I'm even guilty of doing this lol. However I am just passionate about sports gaming, and the show is one of the titles I look forward to the most every year. In large part thanks to OSFM. I noticed that the dynamic changed when card collecting, micro transaction, online based modes got implemented into sports gaming. I am strictly offline franchise mode player and I always will be.

I think with the implementation of these modes it brings in younger players who want any possible advantage to get a leg up in the game. Have you seen the show nation forums lately? It's a complete s*%# show. In fact I actually read those forums and have a good laugh for comic relief. So much negativity.

I think with the implementatikn of these types of modes it as created a culture and atmosphere where most players are chasing a number on a leaderboard instead of enjoying the game for what it is.
Old 05-03-2017, 01:57 PM   #8
Banned

Great Thread by the OP.

I am not smart enough to be a roster creator. What I enjoy doing is checking key sim stats and editing player ratings to replicate 95% accurate stats that are relative to year of roster set. As well, developing sim sliders to get stats great.

When I edit, I NEVER put it in the vault - as I edit it in a Franchise File. If those files are able to be shared somehow, I would be glad to share WITH PEOPLE THAT DESERVE THE FILE. People that dislike and thumbs-down have A LOTTA spiritual and emotional issues that they are too cowardly to deal with. They are not adults and they need help.

And to those with pull at SCEA, why can't they give us a global ratings editor ? I would think they could patch it in and it is ESSENTIAL to get accurate sim stats.

Last edited by squashbuggie; 05-03-2017 at 02:00 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »