Home

Roster update / player rating flaws?

This is a discussion on Roster update / player rating flaws? within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2017, 11:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Roster update / player rating flaws?

I've noticed this year it seems player ratings fluctuate more frequently. I can't stand that. Especially players with strong track-records of strong play. For example (off the top of my head), Brian Dozier: dude had one of the best second base seasons ever last year, and because he started off slow he went from a diamond? To gold - down to a silver. I think guys like that should have a much longer grade period and benefit of the doubt to sustain their previous level. It seems ridiculous to constantly change it.. like all of a sudden those players are incapable of tip tier play? Get real.

Them top prospects get a pass. Immediately hyped players, or hyped struggling players, Especially in bigger market teams get this crazy biased pass. Get a Turner for instance, isn't playing, injured, but wasn't having a good year. He regressed considerably. But somehow he kept an 87 rating. That's absurd given he's only had 3 months of elite play and all of that came last year. Then guys like Wil Myers who have am atrocious month and a half with a longer track record see their rating crushed? That's laughable. Guys like Judge who've been pretty terrible since the all star break haven't gone down at all.

The Padres' Roster is a nightmare. They're already terrible, at least make the roster accurate. Craig Srammen is a starter on the game. He hasn't started this year at all. In fact, he's been a 1 inning reliver for the most part. And guys like Chain, ehonjave pitched well don't even have am avg rating? Look up his statistics and WAR. Manny Margot is ok on the game.. But if you compare his production and comparable hype to other tip prospects it's absurdly biased. He's out WAR'd guys like Bendidtti, also top prospects with inferior ratings? Also, irs not hard to check statcast yo see what players' attributes play and Margot is one of them. He's one of the fastest guys in baseball, best defenders and he's been raking and not even a silver.

Pirela has the highest OPS of a Padres OF ever of the season ended today. He's also on a top statcast list of speed players.

Renfroe per statcast has the hardest throw from the OF this year. His arm isn't near elite on the game. And he has a track record to back his rocket arm.

The point Is, many smaller market teams have very unfavorable ratings in correlation with other comparable players..at least get the rosters right -- especially in these awful teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2017, 02:29 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Roster update / player rating flaws?

'The Padres' Roster is a nightmare'

Sir,

I can't quite decipher your message prior to or after this sentence. It appears to be written in the WINGDINGS font.

I am sorry I can't read figure out your entire message. It does sound like you are frustrated with the state of Padres baseball, but I caution you not to be so negative.

It's only mid-August and the San Fransisco Giants are 37 games out of the Wild Card right now. They win the World Series all the time, the Padres are way ahead of them, only 32 games out, they are probably going to host the wild card game, but don't rule out if they can get hot down the stretch I could see them taking the NL WEST title, the Dodgers are way overhyped!

Hang in there man, you think Craig Stammen came to San Diego to let this group of guys come up short? Do you honestly that Jose 'Padre' Pirela, who if the world ended RIGHT now, would be unquestionably be the most successful and extraordinary human that ever existed in the history of Planet Earth?

DO YOU THINK THE PADRES ARE GOING TO TAKE ALL THIS BIAS? NO WAY
Old 08-14-2017, 03:27 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowSavage
'The Padres' Roster is a nightmare'

Sir,

I can't quite decipher your message prior to or after this sentence. It appears to be written in the WINGDINGS font.

I am sorry I can't read figure out your entire message. It does sound like you are frustrated with the state of Padres baseball, but I caution you not to be so negative.

It's only mid-August and the San Fransisco Giants are 37 games out of the Wild Card right now. They win the World Series all the time, the Padres are way ahead of them, only 32 games out, they are probably going to host the wild card game, but don't rule out if they can get hot down the stretch I could see them taking the NL WEST title, the Dodgers are way overhyped!

Hang in there man, you think Craig Stammen came to San Diego to let this group of guys come up short? Do you honestly that Jose 'Padre' Pirela, who if the world ended RIGHT now, would be unquestionably be the most successful and extraordinary human that ever existed in the history of Planet Earth?

DO YOU THINK THE PADRES ARE GOING TO TAKE ALL THIS BIAS? NO WAY

Typical response. From a typical troll. Zero substance, spin, change the subject at hand, blah blah..

Dumb.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:21 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeykoke
Typical response. From a typical troll. Zero substance, spin, change the subject at hand, blah blah..

Dumb.
Typical response from a typical San Diego Padres sales representative

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »