Home

OS Realism Roster for MLB 17 The Show

This is a discussion on OS Realism Roster for MLB 17 The Show within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2017, 09:44 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: OS Realism Roster for MLB 17 The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXBRUINS
I know if you set lineups with just 25 man roster through spring training it remains intact. Just before you start regular season add players to your 40 man

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
But these are already 40 man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2017, 10:34 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky_Cracker
How to Set Up 30 Team Control
Old 08-26-2017, 01:04 AM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeds
Thanks but I know how to do that already.

Doesn't really answer my question however.
Old 08-26-2017, 06:31 AM   #68
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Asked this in another roster thread and never got an answer so I'll try here since I will probably be using this set to start my franchise as I am getting antsy waiting for the OSFM Hybrid v3.0 set to come out so Totte can edit it to mimic Opening Day.

With this being a 40-man roster how do I keep lineups from getting screwed up when I sim through Spring Training? Can I prevent this just by using 30 team controls or do I need to do something else? As detailed an explanation as possible on this would be greatly appreciated.
Quote:
I know if you set lineups with just 25 man roster through spring training it remains intact. Just before you start regular season add players to your 40 man

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeds
Quote:
Thanks but I know how to do that already.

Doesn't really answer my question however.
I think that thread was quoted because you asked about 30-team control originally. Lots of people ask about this but don't see there is already a whole thread worth of information out there.

As for the other person that answered your post, he implied that you need to make your roster into a 25-man version so the lineups are set through spring training. It's really easy to do that. Just remove all players from the 40-man roster who are not also on the major league roster before you start your franchise. Add them back after you are through spring training.

If we could keep this thread on the topic of this roster and defer any discussions of sliders, general game Q&A, 30-team control etc to their respective threads/forums, that would be helpful. All of these questions get answered several times each game cycle, the trick is searching the right threads for the answers (especially the Q&A and 30-team control threads).
Old 08-26-2017, 07:02 AM   #69
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

I know everyone's complimenting how these rosters play, but wow do they look good.

I typically play with the Red Sox and the Braves, and those teams alone are amazing. You've got the best looking Ozzie Albies, and even players like Trey Ball look great who aren't even top prospects anymore. Zimmer on the Indians has looked unnatural with his angular chin and you nailed him too. Cody Bellinger, Eloy Jimenez, Francisco Mejia ... all so good and very different to what we've seen prior which credits your attention to detail.

The ratings take some getting used to, but I now have real pause on starting my franchise until I give these a full tryout
Old 08-26-2017, 10:42 AM   #70
Banned

a bit outside's Arena

I have now played around 10 games or so and the thing I have noticed about this roster is the elite players are truly elite.

I have jumped around from team to team and played against elite pitching and against just average pitching.
So if your facing Kershaw, making solid contact is extremely difficult....as it should be.
It is also the same with players in the field, range in the outfield is much more of a player with this roster as well. I might use the light hitting center fielder that has defensive range over that big bat with restricted defensive skills.

All in all, this is a very good roster......it makes you have to make decisions based on things besides a players hitting skills.

Two thumbs up.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:30 AM   #71
Rookie

BXBRUINS's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Bronx born & raised! Now residing in the great State of South Carolina

Used roster in a few games already!! Very well done. Great job to all involved. Just curious. What is a good slider set to use with this roster? I am currently using armors. Also should I play on all star, HOF or does it matter? I am just looking for best realism there is.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2017, 12:45 PM   #72
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Used roster in a few games already!! Very well done. Great job to all involved. Just curious. What is a good slider set to use with this roster? I am currently using armors. Also should I play on all star, HOF or does it matter? I am just looking for best realism there is.

It doesn't matter. The roster isn't tuned to any specific settings or slider set. Use whatever you like.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »