Home

OSFM 2018 “Opening Day Version” Available Now

This is a discussion on OSFM 2018 “Opening Day Version” Available Now within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2018, 02:05 AM   #1913
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: OSFM 2018 “Opening Day Version” Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbies1744
Is anyone planning on making this roster with real contracts and salaries? If so then I'll wait till that is up to start my franchise

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
I might be doing scaled contracts (real salaries but cut in half to match the total $ of default contracts). Was hoping to use someone's 40man version though so I only needed to work on the salaries, but I might end up biting the bullet and doing both.

No idea if scaled contracts works for you at all, but figured it would be better than default contracts in your mind.
Old 05-08-2018, 02:39 AM   #1914
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Tercero
I might be doing scaled contracts (real salaries but cut in half to match the total $ of default contracts). Was hoping to use someone's 40man version though so I only needed to work on the salaries, but I might end up biting the bullet and doing both.

No idea if scaled contracts works for you at all, but figured it would be better than default contracts in your mind.

I just wrapped up the 40-man.

Give me two more days and I'll have everything else that I listed in a post above.

Burning the midnight oil as its nearly 2am in Austin, but dammit - I want to start my franchise.

Dowie
Old 05-08-2018, 10:30 AM   #1915
Pro

Hootiefish's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

For what it is worth, I loved your previous scaled contracts roster. I would definitely use OSFM 2.0 with scaled contracts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2018, 11:25 AM   #1916
MVP

dowie's Arena

Quote:

How would you handle the minor league player's salaries? Have them all be at 80K, 100K etc?
Old 05-08-2018, 02:11 PM   #1917
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie
How would you handle the minor league player's salaries? Have them all be at 80K, 100K etc?
For the minor leaguers, I leave them as is. My main objective for the scaled contracts is to get the higher paid guys all in line with what they make in real life so that you get the albatross contracts (Heyward, Tulo, Pujols, etc.) and the steals (Sale, Rizzo, Eaton, etc.) to actually be a part of any franchise mode you do. But at the same time, avoid any possible issues with using real life contracts.

I usually only adjust guys making $1 million or more. That does enough to put all the team's budgets in line with what the game has with default contracts, while also minimizing any negative effects on morale.

Do you have a V2 40-man roster that you can upload, that doesn't have any other changes made to it? I'm looking for a V2 roster where the only thing changed was the 40-man rosters. If anyone has one of those, let me know. No other edits please!

And thanks Hootie, I'm sure I'll eventually get this done. I got busy with work and didn't get most of my franchises started, and now my procrastination has paid off with the release of V2!

Last edited by Mr_Tercero; 05-08-2018 at 02:22 PM.
Old 05-08-2018, 02:48 PM   #1918
MVP

dowie's Arena

Quote:
For the minor leaguers, I leave them as is. My main objective for the scaled contracts is to get the higher paid guys all in line with what they make in real life so that you get the albatross contracts (Heyward, Tulo, Pujols, etc.) and the steals (Sale, Rizzo, Eaton, etc.) to actually be a part of any franchise mode you do. But at the same time, avoid any possible issues with using real life contracts.

I usually only adjust guys making $1 million or more. That does enough to put all the team's budgets in line with what the game has with default contracts, while also minimizing any negative effects on morale.

Do you have a V2 40-man roster that you can upload, that doesn't have any other changes made to it? I'm looking for a V2 roster where the only thing changed was the 40-man rosters. If anyone has one of those, let me know. No other edits please!

And thanks Hootie, I'm sure I'll eventually get this done. I got busy with work and didn't get most of my franchises started, and now my procrastination has paid off with the release of V2!

I wrapped up the 40-man portion last night. No other changed made other than I went with one CP per team and moved the others to RP. Reasoning - I have always had success in the past doing it that way.

I can upload that to the vault tonight if you are cool with the CP changes.

Dowie
Old 05-08-2018, 03:04 PM   #1919
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie
I wrapped up the 40-man portion last night. No other changed made other than I went with one CP per team and moved the others to RP. Reasoning - I have always had success in the past doing it that way.

I can upload that to the vault tonight if you are cool with the CP changes.

Dowie
I'm fine with that. Thanks!!
Old 05-08-2018, 03:09 PM   #1920
MVP

dowie's Arena

Quote:
I'm fine with that. Thanks!!
OK - I will upload tonight, and let you know when its done.

Dowie

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »