Home

OSFM 2018 “Opening Day Version” Available Now

This is a discussion on OSFM 2018 “Opening Day Version” Available Now within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2018, 12:12 PM   #33
Rookie

MoneyMan17's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OSFM 2018 “Opening Day Version”

always so well done

THANK YOU!

game would not be the same without. not even close!
Old 03-02-2018, 02:16 PM   #34
MVP

RidinDwnKingsley's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
It's getting to the point where people are downvoting the OSFM thread a month before the roster comes out, eh? Any of you guys doing that are just sad, sad individuals. Period.

Thank you for bringing that to our attention. WTNY knows what kind of work goes into these sets because he has done them. It’s why so many good people have left these forums. It’s been suggested to me that when the rosters are complete to distribute them differently than they have been in the past. I WAS against that. Someone suggested not posting when they are released or releasing under a different name. That’s not what these rosters are intended for but I guess times change and like lots of other things some people ruin things for others.

To the people who appreciate the work that’s done and all those who help with this immense project we will let you know how and when rosters will release. This thread in the past has been used to keep the forum updated on our progress as we get towards release but if the community is voting us down maybe we don’t need to do that. It’s a shame because I bet if you ask anyone who has seen the work we have done this year they will tell you the same, far and away better than ever... better every year. So you guys let us know how you want us to proceed and we will let you know what we decide as far as release.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-02-2018, 02:55 PM   #35
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinDwnKingsley
Thank you for bringing that to our attention. WTNY knows what kind of work goes into these sets because he has done them. It’s why so many good people have left these forums. It’s been suggested to me that when the rosters are complete to distribute them differently than they have been in the past. I WAS against that. Someone suggested not posting when they are released or releasing under a different name. That’s not what these rosters are intended for but I guess times change and like lots of other things some people ruin things for others.

To the people who appreciate the work that’s done and all those who help with this immense project we will let you know how and when rosters will release. This thread in the past has been used to keep the forum updated on our progress as we get towards release but if the community is voting us down maybe we don’t need to do that. It’s a shame because I bet if you ask anyone who has seen the work we have done this year they will tell you the same, far and away better than ever... better every year. So you guys let us know how you want us to proceed and we will let you know what we decide as far as release.
Changing the way the rosters are distributed and not updating this thread does nothing but make the trolls who are downvoting this thread happy. Why give in to them? They're just idiots being idiots.

I thought it was pretty widely accepted that OSFM are the best rosters of any sports game out there and there are hundreds, if not thousands, of people who look forward to them every year. MLB The Show wouldn't be the same without these roster for many, many people.

All the time spent and hard work that goes into making these rosters is certainly appreciated by thousands of people. Anything that becomes popular these days automatically is going to have haters. It's what the internet has become unfortunately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2018, 03:22 PM   #36
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinDwnKingsley

Such a shame that all the work you guys put in is so disrepected. I think I can speak for most of the OS regulars here in saying we are forever grateful for the work, dedication, countless hours put forth to provide this community with something so incredible. I honestly have no idea how I could ever play MLBTS without the OSFM rosters.

I'm sure whatever avenue you choose going forward will be the correct decision for the keeping these rosters alive and breathing for many years to come. Again, thank you to EVERYONE putting their time into this project. Look forward to the release!

Old 03-02-2018, 03:58 PM   #37
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Honestly, I don't even bother with the game until the first OSFM roster is out. I'm sure there are a lot of guys out there in the same boat. I appreciate all you guys do. I know it's a ton of work and you do an AWESOME job! I'm with Rob. Don't change the way you do things, because that's just giving in to what those weirdos want. I think there are faaaar more people that support the roster than hate on it. Can't wait for this year's release!
#WeAreND
Old 03-02-2018, 04:48 PM   #38
MVP

RidinDwnKingsley's Arena

OVR: 16

Guys no need for the appreciation comments, trust me we thank and know the guys who do appreciate what we all do.....just know that things will be a little different this year as far as updates we will give and feedback we will take in this thread. Year in and year out this thread becomes a “why isn’t this guy this potential” or “why is this guy rated this” ...not doing that this year.... roster will be released when it’s done and if anyone don’t like ratings or anything else it’s fully editable. We are and have been working on this since last year as a community and have a uniformed rating system and a smaller number of editors to eliminate the “homerism” that has affected some OSFM rosters in the past. Feel free to follow my Twitter as I will post some pics and some random things as well as do some other things that we have been approached about.

Old 03-02-2018, 05:15 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

Wait... are these roster for the show 17 or 18?!?!?
Old 03-02-2018, 05:23 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CK1S
Wait... are these roster for the show 17 or 18?!?!?
The thread title says 18 so it's 18...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »