Home

Importing players into active franchise

This is a discussion on Importing players into active franchise within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2018, 10:59 PM   #9
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Importing players into active franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
This face is just an example but sometimes in a carry over as I mentioned before in the other thread, the player turns generic but still has a glitch face and you cant edit them.

Here is another example coming from 16 to 17 a carry over Justin Maxwell had the glitch face as well.
I actually have not ever had this problem, but that might be because I export players into a roster not within franchise.

Rather then wait 2 more weeks for SCEA I will be exporting guys like Lincecom Tucker Chris martin across.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:01 PM   #10
MVP

Houston's Arena

Here hopefully this helps out some of you who are not sure about what players turn generic, or the ones who will UN-editable because of the glitch face. Now keep in mind this is a carry over from MLB 16 to 17 and from my roster set from last year.

Here is the list I put together from MLB 17 that turned generic that I had to turn them back into who they really are and also you will see the ones that had to be completely remade from scratch due to the glitch face issue.

ORIOLES:

2B Steve Tolleson
LF Henry Urrutia
LF L.J. Hoes
LF Alfredo Marte
RF Jimmy Paredes

RED SOX:

3B Chris Dominguez
RF Justin Maxwell - Had the Glitch Face, so this player was remade with correct career teams played for and simulated career stats and correct service time.

YANKEES:

None.

RAYS:

Richie Shaffer - Had the Glitch Face, so this player was remade with correct career teams played for and simulated career stats and correct service time, but had already remade him when I did AAA teams.

BLUE JAYS:

LF Domonic Brown

WHITE SOX:

1B Travis Ishikawa
SS Andy Parrino
LF Daniel Fields
LF Jerry Sands - Had the Glitch Face, so this player was remade with correct career teams played for and simulated career stats and correct service time.

INDIANS:

RF Marlon Byrd - Had the Glitch Face, so this player was remade with correct career teams played for and simulated career stats and correct service time.

TIGERS:

3B Casey McGehee
LF Jordany Valdespin

ROYALS:

C/1B Cody Decker

TWINS:

CF Darin Mastroianni

ANGELS:

None.

ATHLETICS:

C Bryan Anderson
LF Sam Fuld
1B/OF Andrew Lambo - Had the Glitch Face, so this player was remade with correct career teams played for and simulated career stats and correct service time, but had already remade him when I did AAA teams.
2B/OF Tyler Ladendorf - Had the Glitch Face, so this player was remade with correct career teams played for and simulated career stats and correct service time, but had already remade him when I did AAA teams.

MARINERS:

1B Mike Baxter
1B Dae-Ho Lee - He now has his 2016 simulated stats and correct service time from time spent in 2016.
RF Stefen Romero
C Steve Clevenger - Had the Glitch Face, so this player was remade with correct career teams played for and simulated career stats and correct service time.

RANGERS:

1B Prince Fielder - Even though he retired he still considered to be on the Rangers because of money owed so I brought him back.
2B Pedro Ciriaco
LF Josh Hamilton
LF James Jones - He is going to be a pitcher for the Rangers, but until he actually throws a pitch in the MLB I left him an outfielder.

ASTROS:

3B Matt E. Duffy
2B Danny Worth
=============================
BRAVES:

LF Hector Olivera - Had the Glitch Face, so this player was remade with correct career teams played for and simulated career stats and correct service time.

MARLINS:

1B Xavier Scruggs
LF Cole Gillespie - Had the Glitch Face, so this player was remade with correct career teams played for and simulated career stats and correct service time.

NATIONALS:

C Jhonatan Solano - Had the Glitch Face, so this player was remade with correct career teams played for and simulated career stats and correct service time, but had already remade him when I did AAA teams.

METS:

C Johnny Monell
C Nevin Ashley
1B Marc Krauss
3B Danny Muno
3B/1B Eric Campbell

PHILLIES:

1B Darin Ruf
2B Ryan Jackson - This is the player who had glitch stats in his career teams and stats from 1993, he was remade when I did the AAA teams with now having correct service time, teams played for and simulated stats.
CF Will Venable - Had the Glitch Face, so this player was remade with correct career teams played for and simulated career stats and correct service time.

CUBS:

RF Shane Victorino

REDS:

C/1B Jordan Pacheco - Had the Glitch Face, so this player was remade with correct career teams played for and simulated career stats and correct service time.

BREWERS:

1B Andy Wilkins

PIRATES:

C Ed Easley

CARDINALS:

LF Carlos Peguero - Had the Glitch Face, so this player was remade with correct career teams played for and simulated career stats and correct service time.

DIAMONDBACKS:

C Brett Hayes

ROCKIES:

C Jackson Williams

DODGERS:

2B/OF Elián Herrera
LF Alex Guerrrero
CF Rico Noel
SS Erisbel Arruebarrena - this player was remade with correct career teams played for and simulated career stats and correct service time.
LF Carl Crawford - Has not officially retired, Had the Glitch Face, so this player was remade with correct career teams played for and simulated career stats and correct service time.

PADRES:

None.

GIANTS:

2B Ramiro Pena

EXTRAS: (They all have there correct career teams, correct career stats and correct service time)

RF Grady Sizemore
LF Reed Johnson
CF Jordan Danks
3B Alberto Callaspo
3B Joaquin Arias
LF/1B John Mayberry Jr.
2B Dan Uggla
1B/OF Kyle Parker

[This was finalized on 7/31/17]

Last edited by Houston; 03-22-2018 at 12:15 AM.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:34 PM   #11
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

We could do a MLB 17 to 18 list too I might try that out soon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2018, 11:41 PM   #12
MVP

Houston's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
We could do a MLB 17 to 18 list too I might try that out soon
I will be doing a 2018 list.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:48 PM   #13
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
I will be doing a 2018 list.
awesome!

in the missing players thread I listed a few players I seen out of the 50 50 players that are in the game.

didn't get to see them all the person was banned before I got to see them all.

Most of these players won't even be on a team this year, so I am trying to get all the 25 man roster service time guys done first.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:36 AM   #14
Rookie

dpc134's Arena

My biggest issue with not being able to import players into an active franchise is that I play a carryover franchise using fictional rosters. So each year, I get a bunch of rookie generic auto-created players that get dumped into my franchise. I want to be able to replace those with user created players (maybe edit their ratings to match a young rookie). I hate that you have to re-create all of the rookies that auto-generate.
I don't understand why its so hard to include this feature. Especially if they are players with 0 service.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:12 AM   #15
MVP

Houston's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpc134
My biggest issue with not being able to import players into an active franchise is that I play a carryover franchise using fictional rosters. So each year, I get a bunch of rookie generic auto-created players that get dumped into my franchise. I want to be able to replace those with user created players (maybe edit their ratings to match a young rookie). I hate that you have to re-create all of the rookies that auto-generate.
I don't understand why its so hard to include this feature. Especially if they are players with 0 service.
If that's you main concern just rename all those rookies from the draft etc to whoever you want, most people have issue with carry over because they cant have a certain veteran who starts playing again because of service time etc and in most cases that veteran can be edit from another player but he would have the big green R when he is actually a veteran. So yes I agree we need the option to import into an on going franchise.

For me I never liked the carry over as far as having it accurate because players who are not in the MLBPA will turn generic and yes we can edit some back into who they originally were, but in some cases they have a African face and white arms, or white face glitch but with dark skin that you can not edit at all as far as there appearance etc go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2018, 12:20 AM   #16
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Franchise mode has an import player tab. It's not functional currently, so I'm assuming it's something they'll be patching in at a later date.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »