Home

Do Stride/Swing Type Matter?

This is a discussion on Do Stride/Swing Type Matter? within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2018, 10:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Do Stride/Swing Type Matter?

Hey guys,
I could be completely off base here, but just something I have always wondered that I wanted your guys opinion on.

How much does a players batting stance/stride/swing type matter in a hitters success? For me, I am just a lot more comfortable with certain players stances and swings than I am others, and it shows in my results. I always wonder if a player has a certain stance, but his stride and swing type dont fuction well with his stance, affects his performance.

A great example of this is Xander Bogaerts and Rafael Devers. I am at the all star break in my franchise mode playing every game, but I only have 2 HR with Bogey and 3 with Devers. In real life, they have 12 and 13 respectively I believe. Their power ratings are both in the 70s, which means they should definitely have more home runs. However, I have 22 with Mookie and 25 with JD Martinez, bc I feel like I am definitely gonna do damage when they are up. I never feel comfortable when I am hitting with Bogey or Devers, and I feel like i NEVER hit the ball hard with them. Like I said, I dont know if it is because their strides/swing types dont fit well with their stance, or what.

This could be completely just me and I could be completely wrong. Just wanted to hear everyones opinions on this!!

Thanks!!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »