Home

Deliveries that add the most movement to fastballs

This is a discussion on Deliveries that add the most movement to fastballs within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2018, 04:58 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Deliveries that add the most movement to fastballs

I'm not sure if this is the best place for this, but it seems like it might be.

Anyway, I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on the deliveries that create the most movement on fastballs, especially outside of the cutter, which seems to have no problems getting movement on any delivery.

There's some I've seen on my fictional pitchers in my franchises that get good movement but, of course, I don't just want to keep using that one for every pitcher!

So I was hoping to get some more options, or what delivery characteristics in general maximize/influence movement on 2SFB, 4SFB, and RFB especially as those often come in flat-ish too often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2018, 03:07 AM   #2
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Deliveries that add the most movement to fastballs

As far as I know, pitch movement isn't derived from a particular motion, but from the individual movement rating of a player's particular pitch. Every pitch has its own ratings.
Old 04-13-2018, 03:21 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Deliveries that add the most movement to fastballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
As far as I know, pitch movement isn't derived from a particular motion, but from the individual movement rating of a player's particular pitch. Every pitch has its own ratings.

Deliveries can influence the motion of pitches. For example, a curve from a sidearmer will look different from one who comes over the top, even if it's the same kind of curve (12-6, for example).

One of my fictionals has crazy movement on his 2-seamer even though his movement rating is only 48. Meanwhile another one barely gets any on his 2SFB despite his 99 Movement rating.

If I switch the 99 guys to Michael Feliz's delivery, I see more movement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »