Home

Converting Starters to Relievers and vice versa

This is a discussion on Converting Starters to Relievers and vice versa within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2018, 02:30 PM   #1
Rookie

Jonotheking9's Arena

OVR: 1
Converting Starters to Relievers and vice versa

I’ve been thinking about this recently in my franchise and so was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or experiences with this in The Show.

Has anyone experimented with editing pitchers either way and if so what rules/adjustments have you used to edit attributes to keep things with a ‘sim’ feel (e.g. raising or lowering stamina obviously and then changes to per 9’s, velocity of pitches etc.).

Would love to know if anyone has any experience with this or thoughts and suggestions about it.

Or if there are any threads about this topic anyone knows about I’d love to see them.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2018, 02:37 PM   #2
Rookie

GoJays09's Arena

Re: Converting Starters to Relievers and vice versa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonotheking9
I’ve been thinking about this recently in my franchise and so was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or experiences with this in The Show.

Has anyone experimented with editing pitchers either way and if so what rules/adjustments have you used to edit attributes to keep things with a ‘sim’ feel (e.g. raising or lowering stamina obviously and then changes to per 9’s, velocity of pitches etc.).

Would love to know if anyone has any experience with this or thoughts and suggestions about it.

Or if there are any threads about this topic anyone knows about I’d love to see them.

Thanks in advance.

Generally what I've done is found relievers with starter-like attributes and likewise starters with reliever-like attributes and kept everything status quo except the stamina, occasionally pitching clutch too if they're being converted to a reliever. In cases where I want the pitcher to be a long reliever I sometimes don't touch anything at all, their overall will always change just from changing the positions though.

Old 05-04-2018, 02:59 PM   #3
MVP

BrianM207's Arena

OVR: 3

Ill echo the long reliever statement. I recently moved Harvey to the bullpen in my franchise...because art imitated life!! I didn't touch anything due to wanting to use him for spot starts here and there or moving back to the rotation.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-04-2018, 03:15 PM   #4
Rookie

Jonotheking9's Arena

Thanks I get the starter moving to long relief/spot starter I use that quite a bit. I was thinking more of Starters to MRP or late inning bullpen relief and vice versa which I know doesn’t happen as much.

I’ve got quite a few good starters who haven’t done too well as starters but could do well as relievers

Old 05-04-2018, 04:12 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

For starters going to the 'pen, I will lower their stamina once a week by 5 until they are at half of what they were when they started. And vice-versa for relievers moving into the rotation. I will raise their stamina by five every start until they are double what they were in the pen

A Work in Progress

Last edited by Caulfield; 05-04-2018 at 06:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2018, 11:09 PM   #6
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
For starters going to the 'pen, I will lower their stamina once a week by 5 until they are at half of what they were when they started. And vice-versa for relievers moving into the rotation. I will raise their stamina by five every start until they are double what they were in the pen
I like this idea

What do you do for CPU teams?

Old 05-05-2018, 06:06 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
I like this idea

What do you do for CPU teams?
I leave them as is. But if I had time to go through and track each teams rotation and 'pen, I could do the same for them. But I wouldn't really know if the cpu intended to make a reliever a starter permanently
or if it's only temporary out of necessity.

A Work in Progress
Old 05-05-2018, 12:30 PM   #8
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

If you like sticking with SCEA ratings the relievers are from 20-25 stamina, and sometimes if there a long reliever they would be about 40 in stamina.

When they do there updates and a RP goes to a SP and vice versa it usually looks like this.

RP - SP: 25 stamina to 65 [I would just add 40 to there original rating]
SP - RP: 70's-80's etc [Subtract about 40 from there stamina rating]

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »