Home

My Take on Ridin's OSFM v2

This is a discussion on My Take on Ridin's OSFM v2 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2018, 03:04 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: My Take on Ridin's OSFM v2

Stop now and play 😁
Old 05-10-2018, 03:22 PM   #10
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbunn1993
What is the reasoning behind lowering the A potentials on 35+ players? I've always assumed that those guys should get higher potential ratings since the regression can be pretty absurd
I only lowered them to high 80's potential (B), because I feel there is no way someone like a Chase Utley or a Jose Bautista should be an A. Have you seen regression go down over 12+ points in one year?
Old 05-10-2018, 03:26 PM   #11
MVP

dowie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Stop now and play 😁
Well, if you don't want the speed or pitch edits I am real close to releasing this set then. All I want to do is clean up the MLB, AAA, AA and A placement of players.

If you don't care about that either then I can release them tomorrow night.
I'll be at the RR Express game 2nite watching Odor and Lincecum on their rehab assignments so chances are not much gets done tonight.

BTW: here is where the roster sits now - all this is done....

ULL 40-MAN AS OF MAY 6 (GUYS ON THE 60-DAY DL ARE APART OF THE 40-MAN, AND I SIMPLY TOOK OFF THE LOWEST OA RATED PLAYER TO KEEP TEAMS AT 40).

NO PLAYER OVER 35 YRS OLD WITH A POTENTIAL (THEY TURNED INTO B'S)

NO PLAYER WITH D OR F POTENTIAL (THEY BECAME C'S)

NO PLAYER RATED UNDER A 50

ALL CONTRACT LENGTHS ACCURATE (COTS CONTRACTS) AND NO $$$$ AMOUNTS MOVED OFF OF DEFAULT

ALL SP STAMINAS ARE between 60 and 95

ALL RP STAMINAS ARE BETWEEN 15 AND 45 (I MADE SURE EACH TEAM HAD 4 RP'S BETWEEN 40 AND 45 STAMINA (TO REPRESENT LONG RELIEF PITCHERS)

THE CP HAS 25 STAMINA, AND SINCE I HAVE HAD SUCCESS WITH THIS FORMAT IN THE PAST, EACH TEAM HAS ONLY 1 CP

EACH TEAM HAS 23 SP (6 FOR MLB, 6 FOR AAA, 6 FOR AA, THE REST IN A BALL)

MATT HARVEY TRADE INCLUDED, BUT THAT'LL BE THE LAST TRANSACTION UNLESS SOMETHING BIG HAPPENS WHILE I AM STILL EDITING

FOR ORGANIZATIONAL DEPTH INTEGRITY, EACH TEAM HAS AT LEAST 2 PLAYERS ON THE 40-MAN ROSTER AT EACH POSITION

FOR ADDITIONAL ORGANIZATIONAL DEPTH INTEGRITY, I MADE SURE EACH TEAM HAS 7 OR 8 C, 6 1B AND THEN TRIED TO EVEN OUT THE 2B,SS,3B AND LF CF RF (FOR EXAMPLE - 5 2B, 5 SS, 5 3B, 6 LF, 6 CF, 6 RF)

I AM UPDATING ALL SECONDARY POSITIONS BASED ON THEIR GAME FIELDING RATINGS. CATCHERS WILL NOT HAVE SECONDARY POSITIONS.

Dowie
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2018, 03:35 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I’d love to see that version. I’d be happy personally starting my franchise there.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:39 PM   #13
MVP

dowie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I’d love to see that version. I’d be happy personally starting my franchise there.

OK...I'll try to get it up on the vault tonight, but tomorrow night at the latest.

I'll update this post once it is up.

Dowie
Old 05-10-2018, 04:11 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 0
My Take on Ridin's OSFM v2

Why will catchers not have secondary positions? Plenty of them go 1B/3B irl. 1B in particular.
Old 05-10-2018, 05:27 PM   #15
Pro

No.27's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie
positional edits are done - everything in the initial post is done, but the pitch edits and speed edits. I've been staying up till at least 3am every night to finish up this roster, and I'm scared how long these 2 specific edits will take. No going back once I start - just have to start. Unless someone can convince me to stop and start the franchise as the roster stands now.

Dowie
A good compromise if people want to play with Mavs Pitch Edits is to enter them in your Franchise at the start of each series you play. Only need to do your own team first then at the start of each series enter the edits for your opposition. Means you can do them a dozen at a time and for me it is like scouting before a series. You will known who has that wicked slider from your edits. I second start playing!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2018, 06:21 PM   #16
MVP

dowie's Arena

Roster is in the vault

Title: My Take on Ridin's OSFM v2

PSN name: roger dowie

everything is done but pitch edits, speed edits,
still on the fence if I even want to do it.
Not sure it will effect gameplay that much to invest dozens of hours to do this.

Enjoy - Dowie

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »