Home

My Take on Ridin's OSFM v2

This is a discussion on My Take on Ridin's OSFM v2 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2018, 08:12 PM   #1
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7
My Take on Ridin's OSFM v2

OK OS Community,

Many, many thanks to Ridin and the crew for creating the core roster template for the rest of us to tweak in order to make our own franchise the best possible experience. I am about 3 days into this project, and wanted to share the tweaks that I have and am making to make this 2.0 roster the best it can be (at least for me). Here is what you'll find with this roster, and since I am trying really hard to wrap this up so I can start my franchise please be patient. I am giving it my all to have this completed by the end of the weekend. I know he released a roster update after his 2.0 one, but I had already made a lot of updates to 2.0, and wasn't going to start over again. Here you go....

FULL 40-MAN AS OF MAY 6 (GUYS ON THE 60-DAY DL ARE APART OF THE 40-MAN, AND I SIMPLY TOOK OFF THE LOWEST OA RATED PLAYER TO KEEP TEAMS AT 40).

NO PLAYER OVER 35 YRS OLD WITH A POTENTIAL (THEY TURNED INTO B'S)

NO PLAYER WITH D OR F POTENTIAL (THEY BECAME C'S)

ALL CONTRACT LENGTHS ACCURATE (COTS CONTRACTS) AND NO $$$$ AMOUNTS MOVED OFF OF DEFAULT

ALL SP STAMINAS ARE between 60 and 95

ALL RP STAMINAS ARE BETWEEN 15 AND 45 (I MADE SURE EACH TEAM HAD 4 RP'S BETWEEN 40 AND 45 STAMINA (TO REPRESENT LONG RELIEF PITCHERS)

THE CP HAS 25 STAMINA, AND SINCE I HAVE HAD SUCCESS WITH THIS FORMAT IN THE PAST, EACH TEAM HAS ONLY 1 CP

EACH TEAM HAS 23 SP (6 FOR MLB, 6 FOR AAA, 6 FOR AA, THE REST IN A BALL)

MATT HARVEY TRADE INCLUDED, BUT THAT'LL BE THE LAST TRANSACTION UNLESS SOMETHING BIG HAPPENS WHILE I AM STILL EDITING

FOR ORGANIZATIONAL DEPTH INTEGRITY, EACH TEAM HAS AT LEAST 2 PLAYERS ON THE 40-MAN ROSTER AT EACH POSITION

FOR ADDITIONAL ORGANIZATIONAL DEPTH INTEGRITY, I MADE SURE EACH TEAM HAS 7 OR 8 C, 6 1B AND THEN TRIED TO EVEN OUT THE 2B,SS,3B AND LF CF RF (FOR EXAMPLE - 5 2B, 5 SS, 5 3B, 6 LF, 6 CF, 6 RF)

I AM UPDATING ALL SECONDARY POSITIONS BASED ON THEIR GAME FIELDING RATINGS. CATCHERS WILL NOT HAVE SECONDARY POSITIONS.

Everything described above will be completed by 3 am tonight (my wife and 4 kids probably hate me by now).

Now the fun part......there is a pitching edits spreadsheet done by MBMavs on the main roster page. I've thoroughly read through the thread, and I am going to push forward and make all those pitch edits to this roster set. Additionally, there is another thread in the roster section that goes over speed ratings. After discussing this with him, I've decided to incorporate those speed settings for this roster as well. His 2018 is a work in progress, but the end of season 2017 is fully baked. I will be using the end of season 2017 sheet for my updates. I live, eat and breathe this sport, so in those rare instances where a player has a dramatic increase/decrease in speed (think Kyle Schwarber), I'll make the necessary adjustments. Let's face it, how much slower or faster can someone really get in 1 off-season?

Lastly, for those that play with 30-man control, I will be setting lineups and rotations for MLB, AAA, AA and A ball. After having some discussions on here, those changes will stick when you start your franchise IF you use 30-team control and set the computer proflle to manual lineup/rotation. I'll be exhausted by this point, so please don't expect this piece to be perfect. I will be sure to have each level look like this:

AMERICAN LEAGUE TEAMS: 5 SP for the rotation, 1 SP in bullpen, 1 CP and 6 RP (13 PITCHERS TOTAL) - 2 C, 1 IB, 1 2B, 1 SS, 1 3B, 1 LF, 1 CF, 1RF, 1 DH, 1 extra IF, 1 EXTRA OF.

NATIONAL LEAGUE TEAMS: 5 SP for rotation, 1 SP in bullpen, 1 CP and 6 RP (13 PITCHERS TOTAL) - 2 C, 1 IB, 1 2B, 1 SS, 1 3B, 1 LF, 1CF, 1 RF 1 extra IF, 1 EXTRA OF and 1 "UTILITY PLAYER

I will not be touching any contact or power attributes for anyone.

That's it, pretty easy roster project

I encourage everyone to really take a look @ Mike Lowe's slider thread and YouTube channel. His sliders are amazing.

For those that are wondering about the 13 pitcher set/up with my stamina edits......

Set up your manager hook slider like this and it'll work - I promise.
For simming games - set hook to 7 with SP stamina @ 9 and RP stamina @ 0.
for playing franchise games - set hook to 3 for innings 1 thru 3, move hook to 5 for innings 4 & 5 and move hook to 7 for innings 6 and on. REGARDLESS WHAT INNING IT HAPPENS, WHEN THE CPU GOES TO THE PEN MOVE THE HOOK TO 9

Dowie
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2018, 11:14 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: My Take on Ridin's OSFM v2

Did the 3 AM version of these ever come out? I checked this AM but couldn't tell if the 1 version I found was the full monty or just the pre-release of the 40-man roster.
Old 05-10-2018, 12:44 PM   #3
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14

Thanks a lot, dowie. I really appreciate you taking on this task.
Old 05-10-2018, 01:33 PM   #4
MVP

dowie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Did the 3 AM version of these ever come out? I checked this AM but couldn't tell if the 1 version I found was the full monty or just the pre-release of the 40-man roster.

The only release thus far is the 40-man version of 2.0
Old 05-10-2018, 02:27 PM   #5
MVP

dowie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapps
Thanks a lot, dowie. I really appreciate you taking on this task.
No worries - I have everything listed done but the pitch and speed edits.
It's gonna be a time suck, because you are talking editing well over a 1000 players. I 'm not shying away from it, but these pitch edits could be the greatest thing ever or kill the gameplay.

Dowie
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2018, 02:29 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Cool, thanks for the update.

I think I misread the above post as saying that there would be some stamina and positional edits yesterday--are those still on tap for the next couple of days, or are those edits part of the longer project, and thus significantly further off?

In any case, your work is much appreciated. Some version of this is what I'm using for my franchise!
Old 05-10-2018, 02:46 PM   #7
MVP

dowie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Cool, thanks for the update.

I think I misread the above post as saying that there would be some stamina and positional edits yesterday--are those still on tap for the next couple of days, or are those edits part of the longer project, and thus significantly further off?

In any case, your work is much appreciated. Some version of this is what I'm using for my franchise!
positional edits are done - everything in the initial post is done, but the pitch edits and speed edits. I've been staying up till at least 3am every night to finish up this roster, and I'm scared how long these 2 specific edits will take. No going back once I start - just have to start. Unless someone can convince me to stop and start the franchise as the roster stands now.

Dowie
Old 05-10-2018, 02:52 PM   #8
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4

What is the reasoning behind lowering the A potentials on 35+ players? I've always assumed that those guys should get higher potential ratings since the regression can be pretty absurd

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »