Home

Old 07-05-2018, 04:08 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
RETRO MODE Popularity ?

Just curious what your take is on the "RETRO MODE" ?

I personally think they should use what ever space it takes up to add other features.

1 My Favorite Mode
2 Frequently Play
3 Occasionally Play
4 Seldom Play
5 NEVER Play
6 Waste of Space

Last edited by doncropper; 07-05-2018 at 04:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2018, 04:19 PM   #2
MVP

Lisac's Arena

Re: RETRO MODE Popularity ?

They are the only baseball game out there
And I know they are a small market Studio
But before someone like 2k or EA gets back into the baseball (and it will happen) they really need to add Create A Stadium or Relocation
Cause if they dont and one of these companies does, SCEA will be done, and that would be bad for business!
Old 07-05-2018, 05:07 PM   #3
Pro

Keeler2434's Arena

6 all across the board. Ruins the game in my opinion. All that space taken up for that mode could’ve been used towards.....

1.Create A Ballpark
2.Relocation
3.COMMENTARY!!! I’m sick n tired of hearing the same things. He was drafted in the late rounds. Nothing is given to you when your drafted that fair back. If your a top player(ex.Judge,Trout,Harper) Kids love him and everyone is buying his jerseys. N the worst of all!! He’s in the last year of his contract so he’s set to be a free agent after this year. I hear that 15 times a game it seems like.
4.A little of that space could be used for the crowd. Get them more involved in the game. When you losing you get booed. When your winning cheered people standing up.
5.More equipment&Brands(ex.NIKE CATCHING GEAR PLEASE!!!!,Jordan Cleats,Victus Bats,Chandler Bats.

I never liked the idea last year when they put it in. Hopefully they take it out of next years game. I loved the show n always have but if MVP baseball gets licensing again. They will put SDS n The Show straight outta business. They had Full minors create a ballpark. So hopefully SDS does some work.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:39 AM   #4
MVP

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

Wrong thread

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-06-2018, 10:04 PM   #5
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

OVR: 4

#6 all day!! Custom seasons... PLEASE!! My biggest frustration was the removal of season mode to begin with which explains why I haven't gotten 18 yet. Bring it back and let users pick the teams to use. It'd be a terrific addition for classic roster users like myself.

For classic sports highlights and live-stream action, follow me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@greenmonster37ft/videos
Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/BostonRob75
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2018, 10:51 PM   #6
MVP

bostongahden,

I initially was disappointed regarding the Season Mode removal but then quickly discovered that Franchise Mode for a Single Season playback actually was a notch above. It at least allowed you to enjoy the Minor League games, if you cared to. Plus with some of your Great Roster sets where the minors have Classic Teams in them it would really be an enhancement.

After initial setup of a Franchise which may take a couple extra screens to go through it basically plays just like Season Mode did.

Take Care,
Don

Last edited by doncropper; 07-07-2018 at 01:13 AM.
Old 07-07-2018, 01:31 AM   #7
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncropper
bostongahden,

I initially was disappointed regarding the Season Mode removal but then quickly discovered that Franchise Mode for a Single Season playback actually was a notch above. It at least allowed you to enjoy the Minor League games, if you cared to. Plus with some of your Great Roster sets where the minors have Classic Teams in them it would really be an enhancement.

After initial setup of a Franchise which may take a couple extra screens to go through it basically plays just like Season Mode did.

Take Care,
Don
Not only that Boston...but the gameplay is vastly superior to any previous version of The Show. It’s that good man.
God of War Ragnorok (PS5)
Red Dead Redemption (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 07-07-2018, 07:53 AM   #8
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncropper
bostongahden,

Take Care,
Don
OK Don, good to know. I am still in the midst of creating a top 50 all-time roster for each team. When I finish that, I'll be picking it up. Peace!
Rob

For classic sports highlights and live-stream action, follow me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@greenmonster37ft/videos
Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/BostonRob75

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »