Home

Using retired numbers work around

This is a discussion on Using retired numbers work around within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2018, 10:46 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Using retired numbers work around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
I could never get Reggie to be 44. But with this he's wearing 44. I did not try 23 on Tigers.
if you edit the players in any way the numbers will change back. Then you have to repeat the process.
Old 06-06-2020, 06:25 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

In my 69 roster I tried all of these work arounds it worked for Horton and others. But it would not work for Clete Boyer on the Braves. Changed the name switched him back and forth. Still could not get his number 6 to show up it stayed at 7 no matter what.

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-06-2020, 08:20 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS9119
In my 69 roster I tried all of these work arounds it worked for Horton and others. But it would not work for Clete Boyer on the Braves. Changed the name switched him back and forth. Still could not get his number 6 to show up it stayed at 7 no matter what.

It worked for me in the updated 1969 set...Boyer is 6. However, please note I am talking exhibition games. I have no clue what changes when you go into franchise. I think the game does some pretty weird things with only some numbers then. But for exhibition, the revised set in the vault under my name works perfectly for all players.

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2020, 01:34 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
It worked for me in the updated 1969 set...Boyer is 6. However, please note I am talking exhibition games. I have no clue what changes when you go into franchise. I think the game does some pretty weird things with only some numbers then. But for exhibition, the revised set in the vault under my name works perfectly for all players.

C
my question is this what constitutes a number being unavailable? Tom Glavine requires the workaround but not Chipper Jones or john Smoltz. I don't understand the criteria.
Old 06-07-2020, 06:28 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremser_Rules
my question is this what constitutes a number being unavailable? Tom Glavine requires the workaround but not Chipper Jones or john Smoltz. I don't understand the criteria.
It is odd. Some numbers are very hard to make stick. Willie Horton 23 is one example. Don't know why. Others you can change and they will stick. Only SDS knows the real reason and issue. MLB does not allow them to use retired numbers in Franchise supposedly. Hmmm....

Seems like 99.9% of numbers stick in exhibition play. Franchise mode - nope. Just hope SDS does not crack down and add same logic to exhibition play.

C
Old 06-12-2020, 02:23 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS9119

I'm a younger-ish Braves fan so I don't even know who Clete Boyer is but I'm pretty sure 6 is retired for the Braves because of Bobby Cox
Old 06-12-2020, 05:44 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseJoseph9119
I'm a younger-ish Braves fan so I don't even know who Clete Boyer is but I'm pretty sure 6 is retired for the Braves because of Bobby Cox
Clete Boyer is the younger brother of Ken Boyer (perhaps you heard of him as he was an All-Star 3rd Baseman for the Cardinals for years in the '60s) ..... Clete (Cletus) was also a 3rd Baseman mostly for the Yankees during their early '60s pennant runs (having started with the K.C. A's like so many Yankee players did in those days) ...... Great glove man with relatively poor bat but clutch at times. He 1st worn #34 then switched to #6 which in his later career with the Braves he also wore for a few years. He was the 3rd baseman for the Braves '69 division championship team which lost to the Amazin' Mets in the League Championship Series.

Last edited by doncropper; 06-25-2020 at 05:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2020, 01:42 PM   #16
MVP

Scooter3's Arena

OVR: 15

I used number 42 when I created Jackie Robinson
Also I don't know if it's been mentioned but what I do is take a player like Yogi Berra Bring him down to class a change his number to 8 bring backup to major league if 8 doesn't appear then I go back to class a search and find a class a player who has number 8. I change that number to 99 or whatever won't interfere with Roster numbers and then I send him to Double-A or Triple A then I go back to Yogi Berra make him number 7 save it and then change it back to number 8 save put him back on the lineup. I'm 20 games into the season no mishaps. All numbers are correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
I tried something yesterday. I had a 1978 season saved online for 17. I loaded it back to my PS4. I then tried messing with Jersey numbers. I started with Yankees. I put Chambliss Nettles White and Reggie down to AAA. Changed jersey numbers to their appropriate numbers. Then out then back on Yankees. And the numbers stuck!!! I'm able to play season games with correct numbers!!! I tried it with other teams and it works. You just can't use number 42. Also if you edit the player after bringing back up to MLB the jersey number reverts back. But you can just repeat the original process and it will again stick. Again this is on 17 season mode. Have not tried on 18 franchise. I was never able to do this before? I'm not sure if saving season online, deleting it on PS4 then reloading it from online had anything to do with it?
20200613_112722.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Mark Twain:
" Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

U.S. Army Veteran

Last edited by Scooter3; 06-25-2020 at 01:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »