Home

Using retired numbers work around

This is a discussion on Using retired numbers work around within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2018, 03:17 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Using retired numbers work around

Does anybody have a definitive method? I was able to assign Tom Glavine his correct jersey number 47 but it took a number of steps. I’m not sure if how I did it is the only way or if a simpler method exists?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2018, 08:28 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Using retired numbers work around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremser_Rules
Does anybody have a definitive method? I was able to assign Tom Glavine his correct jersey number 47 but it took a number of steps. I’m not sure if how I did it is the only way or if a simpler method exists?
the way I had the best luck was putting the player in question off the mlb team and on to one of the minor league levels, then setting it to the desired uni number, then moving him back to the mlb level

A Work in Progress
Old 07-15-2018, 03:29 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
the way I had the best luck was putting the player in question off the mlb team and on to one of the minor league levels, then setting it to the desired uni number, then moving him back to the mlb level
Using the roster control method? Also I noticed when I adjusted Home of his pitch attributes his number reverted back. Weird and quirky.
Old 07-25-2018, 03:16 PM   #4
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

OVR: 4

So if you need to fix uniform numbers follow this procedure:
1) Make sure no one at the "A" level has the number you need for a player in question.
2) Send the player in question down to "A" that needs the number, reselect the number, and put him back on the MLB roster.
Viola! Just remember if you play season or franchise mode, the players will lose the retired numbers that didn't belong to them initially (example - Kirk Gibson loses #23 due to it being retired for Willie Horton), but they will stick in playoff mode (my personal favorite way to play). Funny why that is happening to Glavine as #47 is retired in his honor. I do know that when you edit, numbers will reset in strange ways from time to time so make sure you have all your edits done before you start your franchise in the future.

For classic sports highlights and livestream action, follow me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@greenmonster37ft/videos
Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/BostonRob75
Old 07-25-2018, 03:45 PM   #5
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

Its cool that this is in the game.. but it needs the option to be turned on or off.

I use a user created Ken Griffey Jr. rather than the legend in the game.

The only way for him to wear 24 is if I have 'Griffey Jr' as his last name, which displays as 'Griffey Jr' on his jersey, which was never there, as I recall, even when his Dad was on the team.

.. I have the same problem with Glavine, mentioned by the OP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2018, 09:19 AM   #6
MVP

I tried something yesterday. I had a 1978 season saved online for 17. I loaded it back to my PS4. I then tried messing with Jersey numbers. I started with Yankees. I put Chambliss Nettles White and Reggie down to AAA. Changed jersey numbers to their appropriate numbers. Then out then back on Yankees. And the numbers stuck!!! I'm able to play season games with correct numbers!!! I tried it with other teams and it works. You just can't use number 42. Also if you edit the player after bringing back up to MLB the jersey number reverts back. But you can just repeat the original process and it will again stick. Again this is on 17 season mode. Have not tried on 18 franchise. I was never able to do this before? I'm not sure if saving season online, deleting it on PS4 then reloading it from online had anything to do with it?
Old 07-27-2018, 09:31 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
I tried something yesterday. I had a 1978 season saved online for 17. I loaded it back to my PS4. I then tried messing with Jersey numbers. I started with Yankees. I put Chambliss Nettles White and Reggie down to AAA. Changed jersey numbers to their appropriate numbers. Then out then back on Yankees. And the numbers stuck!!! I'm able to play season games with correct numbers!!! I tried it with other teams and it works. You just can't use number 42. Also if you edit the player after bringing back up to MLB the jersey number reverts back. But you can just repeat the original process and it will again stick. Again this is on 17 season mode. Have not tried on 18 franchise. I was never able to do this before? I'm not sure if saving season online, deleting it on PS4 then reloading it from online had anything to do with it?
This is good news. I think there were certain numbers on certain teams that just never stuck. Never could get Willie Horton on Tigers to wear 23 using this method. Don't think I could get Richardson on Yanks to wear 1 either. I know Glavine was also a problem on Braves.

C
Old 07-27-2018, 09:38 AM   #8
MVP

I could never get Reggie to be 44. But with this he's wearing 44. I did not try 23 on Tigers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »