Home

OSFM for MLB 19

This is a discussion on OSFM for MLB 19 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2019, 09:52 PM   #17
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OSFM for MLB 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by orioles0615
There used to be a lot involved but it never took 2 months. It was normally 3 weeks maybe a month max. The game would come out early March and the rosters were done by opening day
That must be what I was thinking about when it came out earlier the game.

I think it's safe to say Forums are a dying breed and communities. it's all social media this social media that. I remember when you would reply to a thread on a forum and within 5 mins it had a lot of replies. this roster forum is dead. I have never seen the OSFM thread ever not get replies for more then 24 hours. it used to be non stop replies.

I think we all have to get together and start something new, like I said the first thing that I will be doing when the game is out is exporting and importing like mad.
Old 03-12-2019, 11:15 PM   #18
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
just so you also know Ridin has said on twitter it's looking more like Summer time the roosters for them to be done. so it isn't going to be like after 1 week like the last few years.

I can be busy exporting and importing players and aging them a year. but it's the players missing from the game that need service time and faces that stuff takes so much time.
Wow. If that is the case then this is the first year in a long time that I will not be waiting on these rosters. My goal is to actually make it through a full season this year and that will never happen if I have to wait months for the rosters to be released.

It's a real bummer, but it is what it is.

Does anyone know if I can start a season in 2019 if I load the rosters into 2018 and carryover a save before advancing through spring training?
Old 03-13-2019, 06:20 AM   #19
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Late to the party but I'm honestly shocked at the thought that OSFM rosters are dying out...

Definitely took them for granted and now can't fathom the fact that in a year or two's time they might not be around.

Can only say massive thanks to each and every user that worked on these rosters the past 10 years I bought The Show. Pre-ordered this year's version and looking forward to it...will mostly play my carry over 17 Rtts guy. Considering what has become of franchise mode and that we might not have the OSFM rosters in the future I doubt I'll ever get the game again after this year.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:36 AM   #20
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
actually before the days of carry over saves it used to take 2 months EVERY player had to be created from scratch we are lucky their is a workaround to save about 2 months of work. having said that it isn't 100% confirmed if the workaround for exporting and importing still works this year it should seeing franchise is pretty much the same.

I am happy to export and import all the players across and skip a year in age. should take me a couple of days. if I have time off work. the issue is creating players that will be missing in the game and having to create faces which I am not good at. and getting correct service time. (export the player that turned generic across but then someone has to do the face)

every year though most people on here spend time making faces for players already in the game, because they didn't have a face scan. when they should be spending that time in priority of making missing players first so we can get out that roster ASAP. so as I said happy to do a hell of a lot of exporting and importing work.

but I need help with people creating faces for missing vets. (which we won't know yet till someone has the game early)

Maybe talk with Ridin and ShowTyme? I really wish I had time to help out.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:39 PM   #21
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:

I think it's safe to say Forums are a dying breed and communities. it's all social media this social media that. I remember when you would reply to a thread on a forum and within 5 mins it had a lot of replies. this roster forum is dead. I have never seen the OSFM thread ever not get replies for more then 24 hours. it used to be non stop replies.

I think we all have to get together and start something new, like I said the first thing that I will be doing when the game is out is exporting and importing like mad.
If you can make it happen niner I am happy to support and download
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2019, 02:30 PM   #22
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

I really hope we can get enough guys together for sooner release!

I wish I had time to help out, my gaming time is very limited with 2 young girls.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:34 PM   #23
LETS GO METS!!!

Sheamazin's Arena

OVR: 29

Is there any reason Ridin cant just pass the torch to guys on here to do this years version?
NCAAF: Rutgers Scarlet Knights/Michigan Wolverines
NCAAB: Michigan Wolverines
Old 03-13-2019, 05:54 PM   #24
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
I really hope we can get enough guys together for sooner release!

I wish I had time to help out, my gaming time is very limited with 2 young girls.
I have time, but I am a terrible creator so I don't know how I could be of much use. But if someone can find a way for me to be useful outside of creation I am happy to help

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »