Home

OSFM for MLB 19

This is a discussion on OSFM for MLB 19 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2019, 08:12 PM   #33
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OSFM for MLB 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
Sounds like you have a good base to import from. I would just make sure you have extras for when players start getting released in the next few weeks. When I used to do the Hybrid and a few teams each year for the OSFM I would basically prep a 100 man roster for each team on paper (or spreadsheet) so it was quick creation and replacement for dropped players.

If time allows I may be able to help with faces for players removed from the game once it is released as well as helping organize getting the roster together.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Yep I have done. I have players on the roster that say 'Open slot' currently right now so that I know that's a place to import over when changes happen. can get really messy this stuff. one year I lost a few hours of work because I accidentally hit update live rosters. when I came back in loaded the default one so I had saved over the top of hours of work with just 2 players LOL I hate that system that we gotta keep re loading the rosters all the time I am gonna make sure to have backup after backup.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:15 PM   #34
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
haha... good one. You will definitely be getting a download from me. I am terrible at creations but I am willing to help any way I can. If we are serious about doing this then I will pick up the game this year. I can usually get it the Friday before (don't hold me to this. My spot hasn't let me down yet but there are variables to account for) so I can help importing or whatever over the weekend leading up to the Tuesday release. I have never done this before so I will need a quick tutorial on how to do it. Maybe someone with some scouting knowledge can step forward and do some re-ratings to account for this year (preferably no homerism) prospect updates. If we all pull together we could actually maybe wind up having a decent set to hold us over until ridin and the boys can get their set out. I do think we need to give credit to the original creators with the release though since it will be a set based off of all of the work they did last year.

Edit: also I know some of the guys like bacon96 and maybe Houston are still around, and can give us some pointers and insight on how to get these done. If anything this could be a good dry run for next year when Ridin is not going to be doing them anymore, and just maybe we can keep this thing going.
I believe Houston said he is not buying it this year that he was done.

if you can get that game early that would be great. we could get you to start going through the missing players list. last year we had a lot of unexpected missing players that should have been in the game. this is the annoying part that takes up time.

so we can note down those players we have to export with service time that will need the faces created.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:30 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Also, since we're not supposed to call it OSFM anymore, if we do our own set this year maybe someone should give it a name that gives a nod to the two previous guys in charge. Something like knightindwnkingsley lol. All joking aside you guys really will need a new name
Anyone know why it can't be called OSFM anymore?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2019, 08:32 PM   #36
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by knich
Anyone know why it can't be called OSFM anymore?
They had a letter to Image result for a
A cease and desist letter basically a legal issue which I don't think we will get into on here. even though there will be a million files in the vault called that.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:40 PM   #37
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
I believe Houston said he is not buying it this year that he was done.

if you can get that game early that would be great. we could get you to start going through the missing players list. last year we had a lot of unexpected missing players that should have been in the game. this is the annoying part that takes up time.

so we can note down those players we have to export with service time that will need the faces created.
Yeah man I would be happy to. If you already have a sheet ready that I can cross reference form that be great, as I no longer have the show 18. If I get it Friday I'll knock back a couple of beers and make a list of who's missing from each team. I should know by Friday around 2:00 PST if my spots got it in
Old 03-13-2019, 09:49 PM   #38
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Guys this is awesome! Thanks so much!

Essentially if we wanted to, we could start a Franchise with these rosters?

Old 03-13-2019, 10:25 PM   #39
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Guys this is awesome! Thanks so much!

Essentially if we wanted to, we could start a Franchise with these rosters?

That's the hope kid. Niner seems pretty on the ball. Worst case scenario this is a good dry run for next year because by all accounts Ridin won't be doing these next year. King Gro showed interest in keeping this thing going to, so maybe he can weigh in and we can all make this thing happen. If Niner wants to step up and has the time and the will to take this thing over from Ridin. I am all for it and will support him to the best of my abilities. The game ain't the same without these rosters and I feel like it's our duty to not let them die. Kind of like the changing of the guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier. Too much has been sacrificed to let this die lol

I recommend all creators and attribute guys step up this year and let's take stock of what we have, and see if we can't keep this thing going

Last edited by Therebelyell626; 03-13-2019 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:32 PM   #40
Pro

mathey270's Arena

Quote:
That's the hope kid. Niner seems pretty on the ball. Worst case scenario this is a good dry run for next year because by all accounts Ridin won't be doing these next year. King Gro showed interest in keeping this thing going to, so maybe he can weigh in and we can all make this thing happen. If Niner wants to step up and has the time and the will to take this thing over from Ridin. I am all for it and will support him to the best of my abilities. The game ain't the same without these rosters and I feel like it's our duty to not let them die. Kind of like the changing of the guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier. Too much has been sacrificed to let this die lol

I recommend all creators and attribute guys step up this year and let's take stock of what we have, and see if we can't keep this thing going
Just a thought maybe contact cycloniac via pm. I know he does full rerates and usually uses osfm as a base. He may be able to assist with ratings. I know he uses all data sources such as statcast and all. He has a thread as well.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »