Home

Importing players into active franchise

This is a discussion on Importing players into active franchise within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2018, 11:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Importing players into active franchise

I’m sorry to complain but this is a feature that needs to be in the game, one way or another. It’s such a pain for me to get my roster set to start a franchise.

I usually end up waiting until after the draft so I can import as many draft picks as I can from the vault. We should be able to import during a franchise, like we can in roster control or simply import players into a draft class.

There’s also always international players that pop up during the season or prospects that break out and aren’t on original OSFM rosters but are added later. I should be to import those guys in over the ridiculous fake draft players like Andre Yamasaki and Jose O’Neil. Ok end of rant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2018, 11:37 PM   #2
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Importing players into active franchise

This was talked about being put in a few years ago but never happened. So I have given up on it.

The thing is with CPU control on you can actually do this all they would need to do was make it so it worked without CPU control on

Anyway it;s time to spend about a week with exporting and importing again to get the rosters right./

I know your pain. I usually leave about 50 guys with service time set aside in free agency. so that if I am halfway through a season and a NON rookie comes in I can use one of those guys.

Sure he may not have correct service time but I rather that then 0 service time and an annoying R next to his name.
In the past I have taken a video then had to create him in my franchise which takes a good 30 mins per player. it looks like create a player has value numbers this year which would cut down the time by half a I think.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:11 PM   #3
Rookie

dpc134's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
This was talked about being put in a few years ago but never happened. So I have given up on it.

The thing is with CPU control on you can actually do this all they would need to do was make it so it worked without CPU control on
How do you import players into an active franchise? I didn't think that was possible.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:20 PM   #4
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpc134
How do you import players into an active franchise? I didn't think that was possible.
That's because it isn't possible. I think he misspoke. He's referring to the ability to export players out and save them to your HDD if you have CPU roster control on. Still no way to import players into a franchise file (which is why this thread exists!).
Old 03-21-2018, 09:53 PM   #5
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
That's because it isn't possible. I think he misspoke. He's referring to the ability to export players out and save them to your HDD if you have CPU roster control on. Still no way to import players into a franchise file (which is why this thread exists!).
yeah sorry that is what I meant to say. what is confusing is in the CPU roster control screen in a franchise it says Manage/Import (like it does in rosters menu) even though you can't import in franchise.

I am assuming that this also works in mlb 18 unless changes were made. otherwise it's going to be a lot of work for OSFM if it isn't
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2018, 10:00 PM   #6
Rookie

dpc134's Arena

Quote:
yeah sorry that is what I meant to say. what is confusing is in the CPU roster control screen in a franchise it says Manage/Import (like it does in rosters menu) even though you can't import in franchise.

I am assuming that this also works in mlb 18 unless changes were made. otherwise it's going to be a lot of work for OSFM if it isn't
Got it. Thanks for clarifying. It really sucks that they haven't included that feature in this game yet. How are you supposed to have on-going carry over franchises if you can't import rookie players.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:47 PM   #7
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpc134
Got it. Thanks for clarifying. It really sucks that they haven't included that feature in this game yet. How are you supposed to have on-going carry over franchises if you can't import rookie players.
Yeah I know and and all the players that turn generic like Tim Lincecom and Preston Tucker for example. You just have to take videos or rosters and then do it manually, it takes a good 30 mins to do that for each player though so a hell of a lot of work, but at least it is a work around.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:53 PM   #8
MVP

Houston's Arena

Quote:
Yeah I know and and all the players that turn generic like Tim Lincecom and Preston Tucker for example. You just have to take videos or rosters and then do it manually, it takes a good 30 mins to do that for each player though so a hell of a lot of work, but at least it is a work around.
This face is just an example but sometimes in a carry over as I mentioned before in the other thread, the player turns generic but still has a glitch face and you cant edit them.

Here is another example coming from 16 to 17 a carry over Justin Maxwell had the glitch face as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GREG HOLLAND - SAME FACE.jpg (92.0 KB, 388 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »