Home

Need some opinions please.

This is a discussion on Need some opinions please. within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2019 Review (PC)
Which Four Modern NFL Teams Would Dominate NFL Street?
How Kyler Murray’s Decision Impacts MLB The Show and Madden NFL 20
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2019, 05:12 PM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2017
Icon5 Need some opinions please.

I am waiting for Scott to finish with his equipment edits using Ridin and Crew's roster to start my franchises.

My question is how much BETTER in your opinions will it make the roster if I use MBMAVS' updated pitch edits??

So I know its a personal preference thing but how many of you are going to use the pitch edits when the V2 of Ridin's roster comes out for your franchises?
__________________
I am the way
I am the light
I am the dark inside the night.
I hear your hopes
I feel your dreams
And in the dark I hear your screams
Don't turn away, Just take my hand
I'll never leave, All I ask of you, Is Believe.

Believe

Savatage - RIP Chris Oliva - April 3, 1963 – October 17, 1993
blackhawksfan4ever19 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2019, 05:55 PM   #2
TrueSim Projects-Creator
 
Cycloniac's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,292
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Need some opinions please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawksfan4ever19
I am waiting for Scott to finish with his equipment edits using Ridin and Crew's roster to start my franchises.

My question is how much BETTER in your opinions will it make the roster if I use MBMAVS' updated pitch edits??

So I know its a personal preference thing but how many of you are going to use the pitch edits when the V2 of Ridin's roster comes out for your franchises?
I think they make a big difference from an immersion/visual aspect.

Even though the per 9 ratings drive most of the pitch outcomes, proper pitch edits are a must for long-term enjoyment of this game. Many of the pitch repertoires out of the box are incorrect, both in terms of the pitches themselves and the pitch speeds. Changeups are notoriously almost always 10 mph slower than fastballs in the out of box rosters, which is an old-school rule of thumb that is becoming much less common.

That's why I spent a lot of time creating my own.
__________________
THE TrueSim PROJECTS


Last edited by Cycloniac; 04-25-2019 at 06:01 PM.
Cycloniac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 11:02 PM   #3
Pro
 
MBMavs20's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Las Vegas
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Need some opinions please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
I think they make a big difference from an immersion/visual aspect.

Even though the per 9 ratings drive most of the pitch outcomes, proper pitch edits are a must for long-term enjoyment of this game. Many of the pitch repertoires out of the box are incorrect, both in terms of the pitches themselves and the pitch speeds. Changeups are notoriously almost always 10 mph slower than fastballs in the out of box rosters, which is an old-school rule of thumb that is becoming much less common.

That's why I spent a lot of time creating my own.
Well said Cycloniac, I couldn't agree more.

I think SCEA's control and break ratings are way too high. They also do not do a very good job with the variety of pitches as well. And when they add a player on their updates, the pitchers always seem to have the same pitches, Fastball, Curveball, Slider, and Change.
MBMavs20 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 11:57 PM   #4
Pro
 
Scrapps's Arena
 
OVR: 14
Join Date: Jan 2006
Re: Need some opinions please.

A colossal difference. I would never even consider beginning a franchise, with SCEA's pitch repertoires. They are absolutely brutal. Mav's pitch edits are a game changer.
Scrapps is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 04:30 PM   #5
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2017
Re: Need some opinions please.

sounds good guys..thanks for the input. too bad I have to wait on Scott to get V2 (I'm NOT good with patience) LOL.

I'm sure it will be well worth it..correct roster, correct equipment and MAVS' pitch edits. I'm ready
__________________
I am the way
I am the light
I am the dark inside the night.
I hear your hopes
I feel your dreams
And in the dark I hear your screams
Don't turn away, Just take my hand
I'll never leave, All I ask of you, Is Believe.

Believe

Savatage - RIP Chris Oliva - April 3, 1963 – October 17, 1993
blackhawksfan4ever19 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2019, 05:26 PM   #6
Herman Reign Starts Now
 
Scott's Arena
 
OVR: 52
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 18,209
Blog Entries: 81
Re: Need some opinions please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawksfan4ever19
sounds good guys..thanks for the input. too bad I have to wait on Scott to get V2 (I'm NOT good with patience) LOL.



I'm sure it will be well worth it..correct roster, correct equipment and MAVS' pitch edits. I'm ready


Be patient, 11 teams left.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
PSN-ScottSFA
XBL-ScottM816
SW-5824-9380-2417
Steam-ScottM.816
Scott is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 05:56 PM   #7
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Re: Need some opinions please.

Wait, will Scott’s have MAV’s pitch edits? I contemplated waiting for Scott’s and then applying MAV’s edits to them but I decided to start a franchise with just the pitch edits.

The pitch edits are a game changer. They MAV does an amazing job with them.
sandman0023 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:56 AM.

Top -