Home

Regressions for Low A CAPs in Full Minors Roster

This is a discussion on Regressions for Low A CAPs in Full Minors Roster within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2019, 04:52 PM   #1
Rookie

jmb5310's Arena

OVR: 0
Regressions for Low A CAPs in Full Minors Roster

Like most of you, I utilize @RidinDwnKingsley 's rosters for my franchise. Now, I may be alone, but when the draft comes along, I like to edit the top players to their real counterparts (Rutschman to Baltimore, for example). But I also want to keep them w/in the realm of realism w/in the Full Minors roster set. So I did a quick regression utilizing the 5-tools on Fangraphs' THE BOARD! compared to several players in the Full Minors roster. I tried to keep it to top tier Single A and teenage prospects so that age didn't factor into it. I'm more comfortable w/ the regressions for position players, but I did it w/ pitchers as well.. use them at your discretion.

I know their are some awesome CAP guys on here, but I find the way The Show is set up.. it's cumbersome to bring them into a franchise.. so w/ this following spreadsheet.. you still have to create the player, but this will give you a bit of a guide on where to put their attributes. I didn't map each tool to every attribute, so again.. use your discretion or don't use this at all, it's just something that works for me and I figured I'd share.

If RidinDwnKingsley or any of you CAP guys have an issue w/ this, just let me know and I'll gladly remove it. Also, if you don't agree w/ a grade for a player, create a copy of the spreadsheet and update the grade and the FM grade should update w/o much issue.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »