Home

Roster with correct lineups

This is a discussion on Roster with correct lineups within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2020, 06:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Roster with correct lineups

Hey guys,

I’ve downloaded Ridin’s latest roster and also the TrueSim rosters from Cycloniac and I’m surprised that neither has accurate lineups. Not even close.

Are there any rosters out there with correct lineups? Is it even worth it? I know how to get them to stick for opening day, but does the CPU just mess them up as soon as a team gets an injury? Even if I have it on 30 team control, do I have to keep the lineups on Manual for them to stay accurate?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2020, 06:02 PM   #2
Rookie

alston4659's Arena

Re: Roster with correct lineups

How do you expect accurate lineups without the season even starting? Who's to say what the best lineup is besides yourself? These roster makers do the best they can guessing which lineups will be the projected ones but no one knows. You can always set the lineups how you see fit if that's the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidBream
Hey guys,

I’ve downloaded Ridin’s latest roster and also the TrueSim rosters from Cycloniac and I’m surprised that neither has accurate lineups. Not even close.

Are there any rosters out there with correct lineups? Is it even worth it? I know how to get them to stick for opening day, but does the CPU just mess them up as soon as a team gets an injury? Even if I have it on 30 team control, do I have to keep the lineups on Manual for them to stay accurate?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-08-2020, 06:08 PM   #3
Rookie

Jesus this place is wound up tight. Every time I ask a simple question I get my head bitten off.

There are a ton of resources out there projecting lineups and the rosters that have been released in the past usually have them done.

All I was asking is that if there was a roster in the vault with projected lineups. If you can’t answer the question then why did you reply?

Old 04-08-2020, 06:14 PM   #4
Rookie

camel's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidBream
Jesus this place is wound up tight. Every time I ask a simple question I get my head bitten off.

There are a ton of resources out there projecting lineups and the rosters that have been released in the past usually have them done.

All I was asking is that if there was a roster in the vault with projected lineups. If you can’t answer the question then why did you reply?

Check out mkharsh33’s roster. He took Ridin’s roster and set 40 mans and lineups to correlate with Roster Resource’s depth charts at Fangraphs. I made a note of the guys on the 40 man that are not on the active roster, started a 30 team control franchise, simmed spring training until the final day with injuries off, and then simply moved those guys in MLB back to their respective classes before advancing to the regular season. Lineups and rotations stay in tact since you’ve gotten the MLB roster back down to 26 before advancing. Sounds like a lot, but it took me maybe an hour and a half to get my franchise set up.

Romans 10:13
Old 04-09-2020, 01:17 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alston4659
How do you expect accurate lineups without the season even starting? Who's to say what the best lineup is besides yourself? These roster makers do the best they can guessing which lineups will be the projected ones but no one knows. You can always set the lineups how you see fit if that's the case.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Operation Sports mobile app
Roster Resource within fangraphs.com have pretty accurate lineups. That is my go to resource. It helped me tremendously when I had t0 move the 14 players back to the minors before the regular season started.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2020, 01:18 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by camel
Check out mkharsh33’s roster. He took Ridin’s roster and set 40 mans and lineups to correlate with Roster Resource’s depth charts at Fangraphs. I made a note of the guys on the 40 man that are not on the active roster, started a 30 team control franchise, simmed spring training until the final day with injuries off, and then simply moved those guys in MLB back to their respective classes before advancing to the regular season. Lineups and rotations stay in tact since you’ve gotten the MLB roster back down to 26 before advancing. Sounds like a lot, but it took me maybe an hour and a half to get my franchise set up.

It took you only an hour and a half to do that for all 30 teams or just one team.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2020, 01:41 AM   #7
Rookie

Can we possibly expect a patch at some point in the near future allowing us to have a 26 man roster and the AI doesn’t fill up our 40 man even when we have all roster settings on manual??
Old 04-09-2020, 04:21 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball4ever39
Can we possibly expect a patch at some point in the near future allowing us to have a 26 man roster and the AI doesn’t fill up our 40 man even when we have all roster settings on manual??

Doubt that will ever be fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »