Home

MBMavs20 Pitch Edits 2007-2019

This is a discussion on MBMavs20 Pitch Edits 2007-2019 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2020, 02:31 AM   #9
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MBMavs20 Pitch Edits 2007-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKralle7277
Another thing I’d recommend is using statcast in general as they have movements on different pitches, and it takes the element of gravity out of the picture as slow pitches will naturally drop more. Also I noticed some discrepancies, for example Lucchesi has 1 movement on his CHG according to your ratings but has the most drop (or close to it if I remember correctly) according to statcast of any CHG in the majors. Some of the leaders do closely resemble your ratings though & I like that they also have vertical & horizontal movement. You can easily compare multiple pitchers. I love the work you do & am by no means telling you to change your method, just think the more ways possible to do pitch edits, the more accurate the info! Thanks for the hard work again.
I thought that was a typo at first so I went back to check. Brooksbaseball has Lucchesi's change up with very little movement.

So I went to the video tape and found a clip of Lucchesi throwing his change up. It has some vertical movement but not a whole lot.

I adjusted his movement rating. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 03-22-2020, 05:04 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBMavs20
I thought that was a typo at first so I went back to check. Brooksbaseball has Lucchesi's change up with very little movement.

So I went to the video tape and found a clip of Lucchesi throwing his change up. It has some vertical movement but not a whole lot.

I adjusted his movement rating. Thanks for the feedback.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/leade...6&sortDir=desc

Idk it’s odd because this has him up there on vertical movement with guys who have super good movement like CLAUDIO & Lucchesi’s is even more impressive when you factor in pitch speed. I think his pitches look less impressive because of his odd windup and the fact that he’s very over the top. It’s no big deal just something I’m curious about. Also, makes me wonder if something is wrong with Padres pitchers as they have a lot of the lowest ratings when it comes to change up movement and have a couple others with less than 10 also.
Old 03-22-2020, 06:49 PM   #11
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

Quote:
https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/leade...6&sortDir=desc

Idk it’s odd because this has him up there on vertical movement with guys who have super good movement like CLAUDIO & Lucchesi’s is even more impressive when you factor in pitch speed. I think his pitches look less impressive because of his odd windup and the fact that he’s very over the top. It’s no big deal just something I’m curious about. Also, makes me wonder if something is wrong with Padres pitchers as they have a lot of the lowest ratings when it comes to change up movement and have a couple others with less than 10 also.
I did a little more digging and found a clip on Youtube that shows that Lucchesi throws a Churve, a combination of a Curve and Change up. Some clips show this pitch with a lot of break, other times less break.

Baseballsavant is a cool site. Lots of info. However, they list Lucchesi throwing a Change, Cutter, and Sinker. Brooksbaseball list Lucchesi as throwing a Change, Sinker, and 4 Seam. (Also a Curveball but less than 1% of the time, so they must have reclassified some of his pitches after I did my edits so I took it off my spreadsheet.)

So I guess depending on which site you use, the data may differ.

However, that's the beauty of edits. You can always change it to suit your preference. Some people replace my Running Fastballs with 4 Seam Fastballs, and some use Splitters instead of Forkballs, some use Sinkers instead of 2 Seams, etc...

Thanks for the feedback and keep it coming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2020, 07:19 PM   #12
Rookie

This is great stuff. I plan to implement these in my own roster once Ridin releases the Full Minors roster tonight.

I am working on developing a system for ratings based on the 20-80 scale, but so far I've only focused on position players. This will be a great help for me when editing pitchers!
Old 03-22-2020, 07:29 PM   #13
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by neek_the_sneak15
This is great stuff. I plan to implement these in my own roster once Ridin releases the Full Minors roster tonight.

I am working on developing a system for ratings based on the 20-80 scale, but so far I've only focused on position players. This will be a great help for me when editing pitchers!
Nice. I plan on doing the same thing tonight. I am also going to try and add edits for the Minor League Pitchers as well. That will be a challenge because its mostly by scouting reports and no actual data yet.

In the past, I have enjoyed editing my own rosters but with the real minor league players this year it would take forever to finish. Best let the Professionals handle that. :-)
Old 03-25-2020, 07:18 PM   #14
Rookie

Also, just a reminder but Emmanuel Clase’s FB is actually a cutter so I’d love to see what his movement would be if you classify it as that instead of 4sm. Thanks ! It’s weird because no one has cutters that fast so idt classifications have caught on yet
Old 03-25-2020, 11:14 PM   #15
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

Quote:
Also, just a reminder but Emmanuel Clase’s FB is actually a cutter so I’d love to see what his movement would be if you classify it as that instead of 4sm. Thanks ! It’s weird because no one has cutters that fast so idt classifications have caught on yet
Thanks so much for reminding me. I had his Cutter on my updated sheet from last year but I totally forgot when I did this year's edits.

I changed it on my spreadsheet. It sure is a wicked pitch.

Thanks KKralle7277
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2020, 06:24 PM   #16
Rookie

Here are some MILB guys to do. All of these guys are from the mlb pipeline teams top 30 prospects!! Thanks, I know you were wanting to do some more minors guys so thought I’d help out & id love to be able to put these guys’ data into the game. Obviously not all of these guys are huge prospects but some are close to the majors & id appreciate any one you can do !

BAL: Keegan Akin
BOS: Bryan Mata
TB: Shane Baz
TB: Brent Honeywell
TOR: Nate Pearson
CHWS: Zack Burdi
CHWS: Codi Heuer
CHWS: Matt Foster
MIN: Dakota Chalmers
HOU: Forrest Whitley
SEA: Aaron Fletcher
SEA; Wyatt Mills
ATL: Kyle Muller
ATL: Thomas Burrows
MIA: Nick Neidert
MIA: Alex Vesia
PHIL: Spencer Howard
PHIL: Connor Seabold
CHC: Keegan Thompson
MIL: Aaron Ashby
MIL: Clayton Andrews
PIT: Blake Cederlind
STL: Seth Elledge
STL: Kodi Whitley
STL: Griffin Roberts
AZ: JB Bukauskas
AZ: Taylor Widener
COL: Ben Bowden
COL: Ryan Castellani
COL: Antonio Santos
COL: Ashton Goudeau
LAD: Mitchell White
SFG: Melvin Adon
SFG: Tristan Beck

Last edited by KKralle7277; 04-04-2020 at 10:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »