Home

The TrueSim Roster Project: MLB 20

This is a discussion on The TrueSim Roster Project: MLB 20 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2020, 10:44 PM   #73
Rookie

alston4659's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The TrueSim Roster Project: MLB 20

Hate to be that guy BUT seeing as Ridin has his roster out do you have a ROUGH estimate on when your roster will be completed? Reading through the feed your roster may be the one I start my franchise with so if it will be completed sometime this week I might as well wait for yours instead if the OSFM roster.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-23-2020, 06:01 AM   #74
Rookie

Chad211's Arena

OVR: 0

Also one thing I noticed about Ridins roster that you were going to use as a base is a ton of regular team players are down in the minors if they were hurt before spring training came to a stop. That’s strange to me and hoping that’s not the case with your project!!! Man this has really got to be a challenge to try to make something that makes since in the way of rosters. I think it’s always a good plan to look at how players pro formed the year before and the where’s too. SDS did not do anybody any favors with all the missing players and the rating this year from the start...
Old 03-23-2020, 07:37 AM   #75
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad211
Also one thing I noticed about Ridins roster that you were going to use as a base is a ton of regular team players are down in the minors if they were hurt before spring training came to a stop. That’s strange to me and hoping that’s not the case with your project!!!
This is something that has always been done so people can manually injure them in franchise, as it can't be done in the front end (and it used to be that sending injured players to the minors was the only way to injure them in franchise, as well).

This is something that the community agreed upon years ago (even before ridin took the lead) as a standard for the base.

There are usually people who release "injury free" versions of the rosters once they're out though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2020, 08:38 AM   #76
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
This is something that has always been done so people can manually injure them in franchise, as it can't be done in the front end (and it used to be that sending injured players to the minors was the only way to injure them in franchise, as well).

This is something that the community agreed upon years ago (even before ridin took the lead) as a standard for the base.

There are usually people who release "injury free" versions of the rosters once they're out though.
Yep..I hope Cyclo puts all the injured players in A ball for a few reasons:
1) easy to identify top injured players and manually injure (or move to majors if you don't want injuries) if you want to start with IRL injuries
2) injured players aren't inadvertently left in minors accumulating stats (can't have Judge in AAA lol)
3) Don't have to rejuggle all your minor league lineups and rotations if you have to move eg Judge from AAA to injured list.
4) If you have manually injured player in A ball you can still keep on 40 man so they automatically return to majors when injury clears.

I like to take A ball player place in major league lineup and then manually injure the player. When the injury clears, he will be back in majors in his exact rotation or lineup. For instance, I make Paxton #3 starter in majors, then I manually injure him to return in 55 days. I replace his slot with Cessa (LR), for example. When Paxton injury clears, he will automatically return to #3 slot and Cessa LR. So all the work is done before you start your chise and everything runs smoothly. But having players with injuries in A ball to start makes this process so much easier and faster.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:44 AM   #77
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by knich
Yep..I hope Cyclo puts all the injured players in A ball for a few reasons:
1) easy to identify top injured players and manually injure (or move to majors if you don't want injuries) if you want to start with IRL injuries
2) injured players aren't inadvertently left in minors accumulating stats (can't have Judge in AAA lol)
3) Don't have to rejuggle all your minor league lineups and rotations if you have to move eg Judge from AAA to injured list.
4) If you have manually injured player in A ball you can still keep on 40 man so they automatically return to majors when injury clears.

I like to take A ball player place in major league lineup and then manually injure the player. When the injury clears, he will be back in majors in his exact rotation or lineup. For instance, I make Paxton #3 starter in majors, then I manually injure him to return in 55 days. I replace his slot with Cessa (LR), for example. When Paxton injury clears, he will automatically return to #3 slot and Cessa LR. So all the work is done before you start your chise and everything runs smoothly. But having players with injuries in A ball to start makes this process so much easier and faster.

Last year, what I did was put players with short term injuries in AAA, and put players on the 60 day IL or out for the season in A. I did this so I wouldn't have to manually injure them and they would return to lineups more gradually, depending on injuries to other players.

However, your method is a smart one too, and I may go that route.

Old 03-23-2020, 08:47 AM   #78
Rookie

jeffzinn2004's Arena

OVR: 3

I’ll try and answer some of these questions. I got started last night on rerates. Seeing as my day job is one of the few that is still going despite the pandemic I don’t have all day to edit, but I’m aiming to be done with ratings by this weekend. I’m also doing some stance and equipment edits. Cy will put final touches on after that. Trust that we are moving as quickly as possible to get this thing out to y’all and satiate that baseball desire we’re all dealing with.

Major injuries, like Sale being out with Tommy John, will most likely be handled.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:53 AM   #79
MVP

OVR: 6

Cyclo...curious about ratings this year. SDS seems to have mirrored pitch repertoires for all pitchers this year based on Fangraphs pitch %. But I noticed that you have changed many repertoires. For example, Kahnle's #1 pitch last year was CC. You use 4SB, 2SFB, and SL. I think I understand why you went with 2SFB instead of CC. Just curious why his 4SB would be #1? Again..looking forward to these. Thanks.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:58 AM   #80
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by knich
Cyclo...curious about ratings this year. SDS seems to have mirrored pitch repertoires for all pitchers this year based on Fangraphs pitch %. But I noticed that you have changed many repertoires. For example, Kahnle's #1 pitch last year was CC. You use 4SB, 2SFB, and SL. I think I understand why you went with 2SFB instead of CC. Just curious why his 4SB would be #1? Again..looking forward to these. Thanks.
For persons that used changeups with a speed of 90 MPH or greater, I used the 2SFB. Same movement as the circle change.

This is what happened with Kahnle because SDS still limits the speed of the changeup at 88 MPH.

Picth order is based on:
Pitch 1: the pitch used most often to start at-bats (primary pitch)
Pitch 2: the pitch used most often with two strikes (out pitch)
Pitches 3, 4, 5: usage%

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »