Home

Classic Teams - MLB 19

This is a discussion on Classic Teams - MLB 19 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2020, 01:05 AM   #9
Rookie

sharkdaballer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Classic Teams - MLB 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongahden
Yep all is good. I hope to have these up sometime this week.
Great news!
Old 04-15-2020, 10:46 AM   #10
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkdaballer
Great news!
Well, rosters are done but I'm having technical difficulties. I had to move my PS4 a few days ago and when I set it up in the new location, I got these screens that stated my controllers weren't registered with the device. After I did that, I was disconnected from the PSN and I can't reconnect. PS4 tech support has diminished due to the virus outbreak and I can't seem to get it figured out yet so I can't upload anything. Once I do, I'll get these in the vault. Using them now and I must say they play wonderfully!

For classic sports highlights and livestream action, follow me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@greenmonster37ft/videos
Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/BostonRob75
Old 04-18-2020, 05:25 PM   #11
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

With the ability to "relocate" teams in franchise mode in MLB 20, I think it would be cool to do all-decade teams from the deadball/20s right to the 2010s. That would give 10 teams for the NL and AL. You would still have 5 other team slots to fill in both leagues.

Now I don't have MLB 20 yet and probably won't get it until later in the year. Just curious about ideas anyone may have for those other 5 team slots in each league. When I do get MLB 20, I'm definitely gonna do this. It'd be cool to design uniforms for each decade and I'd just mainly be taking players from my all-time top 50 set, for the most part, so the hard work is done. I'll eventually set the teams in MLB 19 and just forward them to MLB 20. Any ideas for those slots, gang?

Follow me on Twitter:

Last edited by bostongahden; 04-18-2020 at 06:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2020, 12:34 PM   #12
Rookie

sharkdaballer's Arena

Top team of each decade? Like '27 Yanks for example
Old 04-19-2020, 12:54 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Just curious about ideas anyone may have for those other 5 team slots in each league. Any ideas for those slots, gang?
I like to fill those teams with players/pitchers which played in that decade but saw very little to no playing time on any of the teams that are represented in the decades set. Example of such can be found in both my Early & Late '60s sets.
Old 04-19-2020, 03:20 PM   #14
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncropper
I like to fill those teams with players/pitchers which played in that decade but saw very little to no playing time on any of the teams that are represented in the decades set. Example of such can be found in both my Early & Late '60s sets.
Yeah I'm thinking something like this Don but I want these teams to be competitive with the all-decade teams in franchise play. One idea I was thinking of is to fill the slots with players using the criteria of all-star appearances. So, for example, one team slot in the AL could be filled with players with 7 all-star appearances (provided they are not on the all-decade teams - no duplicate players), then 6 appearances etc. I think creating the uniforms would be a blast.

I don't really know what the criteria are for naming teams but I'm assuming you have to choose a city so I'm thinking for the NL 50's all-decade team, just as an example, I'd call them the Philadelphia Fifties. The teams that are not all decade teams, I'd just use a city name and all-stars as the nickname. Then, if you can put numbers on the hats, the number could represent all-star appearances. Just spitballing...

Follow me on Twitter:

Last edited by bostongahden; 04-19-2020 at 03:29 PM.
Old 04-19-2020, 03:22 PM   #15
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkdaballer
Top team of each decade? Like '27 Yanks for example
I thought of that initially but decided I don't want duplicate players. I'd use an up to date present-day roster in MLB 19 as the foundation and drop the MLB level players to AA. Then I'd bring the AA players up and copy over them with the all-decade squads.

Follow me on Twitter:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2020, 03:43 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Yeah I'm thinking something like this Don but I want these teams to be competitive with the all-decade teams in franchise play. One idea I was thinking of is to fill the slots with players using the criteria of all-star appearances. So, for example, one team slot in the AL could be filled with players with 7 all-star appearances (provided they are not on the all-decade teams - no duplicate players), then 6 appearances etc. I think creating the uniforms would be a blast.

I don't really know what the criteria are for naming teams but I'm assuming you have to choose a city so I'm thinking for the NL 50's all-decade team, just as an example, I'd call them the Philadelphia Fifties. The teams that are not all decade teams, I'd just use a city name and all-stars as the nickname. Then, if you can put numbers on the hats, the number could represent all-star appearances. Just spitballing...
Oh, I misunderstood your initial post on All-Decade Teams. I was thinking like the Best Teams from each Decade making 10 different Roster Sets. But now I understand it would consist of one AL & NL All-Decade team from each decade making up 20 Teams total. Really neat idea. Then just combining a couple decades & Leagues together and placing the players that missed the cut on those individual league All-Decade teams would give you some very competitive teams. Example: Players from 1920s & 1930s both AL & NL that weren't on any of the 4 AL or NL teams for the '20s & 30s All-Decade Teams would make up one team. That would give you 5 very competitive teams and fill the Roster with some very well-known quality players not represented on the main 20 teams. Thus those 5 additions teams could be 20s&30s; 40s&50s; 60s&70s; 80s&90s and the 2000s&2010s. That would be a Really FUN Roster!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »