Home

Ridin’s Full Minors Roster

This is a discussion on Ridin’s Full Minors Roster within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2020, 10:42 AM   #113
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Ridin’s Full Minors Roster

So I see a lot of people complaining about the 40 man roster but I'm not sure people are understanding how Sony's broke game works...

If you have an accurate 26 man roster , when you start a franchise the game automatically chooses the top 26 players from the 40 man to put on the active roster so now the whole active rosters are messed up. Meaning people who are supposed to be on the MLB team will potentially be in the minors. Prospects will be put on the bench that aren't good enough to play. Teams are going to have 3 catchers.

So in reality to combat this , if you care to have something close to an accurate 26 man roster , you'll have to go into spring training , remove all players that aren't on your active roster from the 40 man, then once the seasons starts you have add all the players back to the 40 man roster. ( For me, I dont add anyone to the 40 man roster. I manage this throughout the year to prevent the cpu from carrying 3 catchers, going with a 14 position players and 12 pitchers, etc.)

This is a Sony issue guys. If you pine for an accurate 40 man roster, you're going to have a messed up active roster.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:48 AM   #114
MVP

RidinDwnKingsley's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
Why are people obsessing over the 40 man? No 40 man rosters are "locked in" because there's always a ton of non roster invitees that will make teams which will result in a bunch of 40 man roster moves.

You are so right! Fyi people you can set your own lineups and 40 man to preference. Its called Your Full Minors now, we drop it you create it and set it up anyway you want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-23-2020, 10:53 AM   #115
Rookie

shawn306's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinDwnKingsley
You are so right! Fyi people you can set your own lineups and 40 man to preference. Its called Your Full Minors now, we drop it you create it and set it up anyway you want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Or they can just go to MLB.com and add them themselves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2020, 10:54 AM   #116
MVP

OVR: 11

not worried about he 40 or lineups. All i need to know is are the top prospects for each team there?
Old 03-23-2020, 10:57 AM   #117
Pro

stormchaserck19's Arena

OVR: 3

My only question just to make sure that I do this right is what do I do with the injured MLB players that are in Single A? I am planning to use this roster for a RTTS and I want to make sure that those guys don't disappear. Thanks in advance!

My Teams

Chicago Bulls
St. Louis Blues
St. Louis Cardinals
Green Bay Packers
Bradley University Basketball
University of Michigan Football
Old 03-23-2020, 11:01 AM   #118
Into the Wild

beekay415's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenp86
not worried about he 40 or lineups. All i need to know is are the top prospects for each team there?
here is a list of each teams top 10 (from mlb.com) who are missing and if they are in FA

Arizona
#4 Geraldo Perdomo SS
#6 Blake Walston LHP
#8 Luis Frias RHP

Atlanta
None

Baltimore
#6 Gunner Henderson SS (FA Boomers)
#8 Michael Baumann RHP

Boston
#5 Gilberto Jimenez OF (FA)

Cubs
None

White Sox
#7 Matthew Thompson RHP

Reds
None

Indians
#10 Gabriel Rodriguez SS/3B

Rockies
None

Tigers
#8 Joey Wentz LHP

Astros
#9 Hunter Brown RHP

Kansas City
#3 Daniel Lynch LHP
#9 Jonathan Bowlan RHP
10 Carlos Hernandez RHP

LAA
#6 Patrick Sandoval LHP
#10 Arol Vera SS

LAD
#10 Luis Rodriguez OF

Miami
#8 Trevor Rogers LHP

Brewers
#6 Antoine Kelly LHP
#7 Eduardo Garcia SS
#8 Hedbert Perez OF

Twins
None

Mets
#8 Josh Wolf RHP

Yankees
#8 Yeondrys Gomez RHP

A's
None

Phillies
None

Pirates
None

Padres
None

Seattle
None

SF
#8 Luis Matos OF

St.Louis
None

Tampa Bay
None

Rangers
None

Blue Jays
#9 Adam Kloffenstein RHP

Nats
#6 Eddy Yean RHP
#10 Matt Cronin LHP
Old 03-23-2020, 11:18 AM   #119
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcblayze
Cardinals 19 year old catcher Ivan Herrera with 350 career homeruns. That's pretty impressive.
I don't really care about any of the rest of the things people are talking about but has anyone caught anymore things like this where prospects have stats? Would like to fix those more than anything else.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:30 AM   #120
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ped3328
Well, if it is the ''real'' roster, it's kind of disapointing. This is not the Ridin we got to know thru the years.
I don’t understand those who are complaining about a roster set that nobody is entitled to. People complaining about individual ratings over 99 didn’t even take the time to look at the original SDS roster to see that their are quite a few and that if you make any changes to these ratings you cannot go past 99. How privileged some must be to criticize and state that someone’s shared work is disappointing and not up to the standards you were expecting.
There is no official Opening Day 26 man roster for any team at this time because there hasn’t been an opening day. We have a choice to use the current SDS roster, download one from the vault, or create our own. I’ve seen people complaining that Mookie Betts is in A ball. He’s also on the 40 man so if you start a franchise, he will be on the spring training roster. Send those who you don’t want to start the season on your MLB squad down the until you reach 26, set your lineups and rotation, manually add injuries to those you want, and sim to the end of spring training and start playing. I look forward to those who post edits, sounds of the show tracks, slider sets and appreciate that it he content is made available if I choose to use it.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this roster.

Last edited by NJ2NC; 03-23-2020 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Auto correct
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »