Home

Ridin’s Full Minors Roster

This is a discussion on Ridin’s Full Minors Roster within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2020, 12:07 PM   #393
Rookie

Noiziv's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ridin’s Full Minors Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh1ne
SDS brought him on more as a consultant than anything. They have their views on how the rosters should be and Ridin has his, they said thanks but no thanks we'll do it our way and now Ridin released a roster that fixed some things. But now SDS released one that's very good too but with a lot less players than Ridin roster.
They worked with him to bring us the roster we got at launch, helping introduce for the first time having real minor leaguers without any service time. From that point forward, anything else Ridin and his team does is independent.
Old 03-28-2020, 12:12 PM   #394
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
The v2 rosters are nice, took a look at them last night. Only thing I don't like is it doesn't use SDS rosters that were released 2 days ago as a base, thus the ratings are still a mess, can't and won't start a franchise with players ratings over 100 just won't happen SDS changed those ratings in their latest roster release, was hoping this roster would use that as a base.

I guess it's a timing thing too, the timing wasn't the best because when SDS released their rosters Ridin and the boys were probably already mid way through releasing v2

I’ve read the ratings adjust back under 100 when you start a franchise. Is that not the case?

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 03-28-2020, 12:20 PM   #395
Rookie

sh1ne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2774
I’ve read the ratings adjust back under 100 when you start a franchise. Is that not the case?

For some people like myself the ratings don't go back and I tried with two different franchises the Reds and the Jays and Castellanos still has like 107 against RHP but some people are saying that it's working for them, meaning the stats go back down to 99 but I don't know man, SDS released their roster two days ago and the ratings are fixed from the beginning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2020, 01:28 PM   #396
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
For some people like myself the ratings don't go back and I tried with two different franchises the Reds and the Jays and Castellanos still has like 107 against RHP but some people are saying that it's working for them, meaning the stats go back down to 99 but I don't know man, SDS released their roster two days ago and the ratings are fixed from the beginning.
I'm playing everyday and haven't been prompted for a new roster since 3/20.
How do I get the new one you speak of?
Old 03-28-2020, 02:06 PM   #397
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2774

Quote:

The ratings normalize after 1 game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2020, 02:12 PM   #398
Rookie

sh1ne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodyBucs
I'm playing everyday and haven't been prompted for a new roster since 3/20.
How do I get the new one you speak of?

Two days ago SDS released game patch version 1.05 like I'm sure you know. When you downloaded and updated your game to the latest patch a roster update was also included.

You can see this when entering the main menu at the top left corner briefly. It pops up a and says Updating Live Rosters or something like that. This is it! You now have the roster, what I did was go into settings and save this new default roster so i can tinker and compare with other rosters.

This new default live roster that SDS put out with their patch, fixed a few issues that were know and some that probably weren't discovered yet. For example the W next to players bug, has been fixed. Player ratings have been fixed.

This is why I recommend to not use any other fake rosters in the vault right now, it's very confusing I know but these rosters in the vault are all using base rosters that have issues.

Only rosters that matter in my opinion right now are Ridin Roster v2 and SDS Live rosters. I'm trying to decide which one to use for my franchise, because I am not waiting any longer.
Old 03-28-2020, 02:15 PM   #399
Rookie

sh1ne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
The ratings normalize after 1 game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well if by normalize you mean go to 99 then sure, but that's not good enough. What I worry about and something you fail to mention is what if there are more issues under the hood that relate to those stats, there is a reason SDS fixed those ratings, if it no issue they wouldn't of bothered with each player.

Makes me wonder if that leads to other problems with ratings, even if the ratings go to 99 (which is unrealistic anyways) after first game, there may be more underlining issues related to that, that maybe pops up in year 2 of the franchise, I feel a lot more comfortable playing with the rosters fixed.
Old 03-28-2020, 02:22 PM   #400
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Well if by normalize you mean go to 99 then sure, but that's not good enough. What I worry about and something you fail to mention is what if there are more issues under the hood that relate to those stats, there is a reason SDS fixed those ratings, if it no issue they wouldn't of bothered with each player.

Makes me wonder if that leads to other problems with ratings, even if the ratings go to 99 (which is unrealistic anyways) after first game, there may be more underlining issues related to that, that maybe pops up in year 2 of the franchise, I feel a lot more comfortable playing with the rosters fixed.

I’ve seen no issue so far, and see no cause for concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »