Home

Roster Sticking

This is a discussion on Roster Sticking within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2020, 02:14 PM   #65
Rookie

Syrjis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Roster Sticking

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Knuckle.... Using a 40 man roster, if I set AAA rosters, rotations and lineups before going into Franchise will everything reset after moving to regular season? I want to get AAA as close to accurate as I can.
Should be fine if you have 26 players on the roster. Atleast it worked for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2020, 05:58 PM   #66
Rookie

brewersfan84's Arena

OVR: 6

Here's what I did on my own to figure this out. Using Clycloniacs roster I tweaked it to mimic real life equipment using gettyimages.com and also setting the lineups and rotations according to rosterresource.com. Then I made sure I had the accurate 26man rosters for every team all set, (which means only 26 men on the 40 man).

I started 30 team franchise making sure to use two profiles, one for me and one for the CPU, but I use everything manual for both profiles because I like to be the commissioner of the league and control everything as it happens. SO first off you have to stay inside spring training and dont sim yet. Go through all 30 teams and designate all players who don't belong on the 26 man roster. Now once you are all set, and everything is perfect it should have only taken about 30 mins maximum to get this far. SIM the rest of spring training, by going into the CALENDAR and picking the last game of SPRING and hit SIM the rest of SPRING TRAINING... THIS is key to having the lineups stick and everything should be 100% accurate. If you being franchise mode and select to start the regular season immediately, everything will shift regardless of the work you did.

To recap, start Franchise 30 team control in spring training first. Designate all players for assignment who don't belong on each team. Sim the rest of spring training and if you want to do this while injuries are off you can, and then turn them back on once you have simmed to the start of the regular season to avoid depth chart issues. It's a real easy process when you get it down and should take much time at all. I hope this has helped anyone who is still struggling with this issue, it will save you a ton of time if you do it this method, I promise!
Old 05-08-2020, 02:29 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewersfan84
Here's what I did on my own to figure this out. Using Clycloniacs roster I tweaked it to mimic real life equipment using gettyimages.com and also setting the lineups and rotations according to rosterresource.com. Then I made sure I had the accurate 26man rosters for every team all set, (which means only 26 men on the 40 man).

I started 30 team franchise making sure to use two profiles, one for me and one for the CPU, but I use everything manual for both profiles because I like to be the commissioner of the league and control everything as it happens. SO first off you have to stay inside spring training and dont sim yet. Go through all 30 teams and designate all players who don't belong on the 26 man roster. Now once you are all set, and everything is perfect it should have only taken about 30 mins maximum to get this far. SIM the rest of spring training, by going into the CALENDAR and picking the last game of SPRING and hit SIM the rest of SPRING TRAINING... THIS is key to having the lineups stick and everything should be 100% accurate. If you being franchise mode and select to start the regular season immediately, everything will shift regardless of the work you did.

To recap, start Franchise 30 team control in spring training first. Designate all players for assignment who don't belong on each team. Sim the rest of spring training and if you want to do this while injuries are off you can, and then turn them back on once you have simmed to the start of the regular season to avoid depth chart issues. It's a real easy process when you get it down and should take much time at all. I hope this has helped anyone who is still struggling with this issue, it will save you a ton of time if you do it this method, I promise!
Too much work. Every year a feature is removed that’s useful for people, like me, who just want to play the current season with current players on their real teams. I care nothing about minors, fictional trades, etc. The first kick to the groin was the removal of season mode. The workaround was to only place the MLB roster on the 40 man and you essentially had season mode. Now that’s gone, too. I’ll do something else with my time. I’ll probably go back to a PC sim for baseball next year.
Old 05-09-2020, 01:03 PM   #68
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJUSoccer9
And you can't use the "auto fix roster" option to generate lineups/rotations for the minor league rosters, cause then the major league lineups/rotations just get butchered anyway.

My two cents, this is the CORE of the problem right here. If the cpu has to adjust your minor league rosters for any reason (callups, sendowns, injuries), then your major league lineups and rotations get messed with even if no MLB players were affected by those changes.
Old 05-25-2020, 12:05 AM   #69
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklecutter
Well I can confirm that the rosters stick beginning with either a 26 man or a 40 man, but it's a pain in the *** to set up properly. Either way, you have to knock guys back down to the minors during Spring Training to get back to your original 26 man team and that took me a few hours to do.
When you say rosters stick do you mean the rotations and lineups don't change and you just from the others ? I had guys not on the 26 man and 40 man bust my lineups every time simply because they had a higher ratings , thanks
Old 07-21-2020, 06:47 AM   #70
MVP

OVR: 4

Are you still unable to have only 25 players on the 40 man or was that corrected in a patch?
Old 05-09-2022, 09:44 PM   #71
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Man with Ridin released was hoping this was fixed. Dropped Ridin’s 40 down to 26 started spring training and bam back to 40 on roster
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2022, 09:52 PM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Man with Ridin released was hoping this was fixed. Dropped Ridin’s 40 down to 26 started spring training and bam back to 40 on roster
It's not broke, that's how it works in real life. In Spring training guys get optioned back down to the minors.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »