Home

2020 mkharsh33 + Roster Resource (CREDIT-RIDIN)

This is a discussion on 2020 mkharsh33 + Roster Resource (CREDIT-RIDIN) within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2020, 02:13 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: 2020 mkharsh33 + Roster Resource (CREDIT-RIDIN)

I'll just answer a few questions here...

- regarding 2-way players: it really seems like the system is screwed up. I don't know if I got lucky on creating Walsh.

- regarding lineups: it's anyone's guess at this point. I created this as a "projected opening day" lineups and staffs, and the title is where I get my information: www.rosterresource.com (which is also fangraphs & mlbdepthcharts). Jason is THE BEST in this and he's always got tons of information that's much better than the typical sites. He also provides potential platoon's. I've purchased his materials in the past and his excel files are top notch. But right now - it's all up in the air. I used his work to create the projected 26's. And those are fluid based upon cuts and moves.

- regarding what's next: I have already worked on the file I posted (5.0). New stuff that awaits (I actually kept notes this time - for WHEN it's posted):

NEW PLAYERS ADDED:
- TJ Rivera - PHI
- Luken Baker - STL
- Ben Taylor - CHC
- Tyler Friis (my personal CAP - uploaded in vault) - CLE
- updated: Lucas Leutge (OAK) and Aaron Barrett (WSH) - age corrections, etc.
- got rid of a duplicate player I found (ss Greg Jones - he had a double in the FA list)
- and this next update will have a better / fixed projection on Vlad's (TOR) splits

Please know I don't have a "system" or a scale. I think that stuff is overblown. Trying to make a video game function like a "real life" season that might not even happen is hours and hours of time I don't have. I'm 47. I have a wife & 3 teenage kids. This is a HOBBY of mine. I only shared them because I felt they were worth it. If you guys remember me from the 2K forums a few years ago, I had the most downloaded rosters for a few years on 2K Share - and it was a collaborative work later as the "trust level" grew with other guys who helped build on that file.

I may look at some other things. Regarding when to start a franchise? No idea...I will just keep chugging along on this until I don't have time or decide to play more than I edit. Thanks!
Old 03-29-2020, 04:36 PM   #10
Rookie

erndawg3's Arena

OVR: 0

you have done a great job for years MK I remember the 2k rosters and you still do a great job. Take a break play some baseball
Old 03-29-2020, 05:29 PM   #11
Rookie

I think I missed the origins of what you're doing with this set. Are you changing SDS or Ridin ratings for players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2020, 05:51 PM   #12
Rookie

Noiziv's Arena

Glad you decided to make a thread! Your work in further perfecting Ridin’s roster is highly appreciated!
Old 03-29-2020, 05:57 PM   #13
Rookie

You do really good work. I started a franchise with one of your early versions but I kept coming back to this forum and and all of the updates were driving me crazy and I kept deleting the franchise and starting over hahah. It's a vicious cycle but you just have to get to a point where you're happy enough and stop reading the threads imo. I ended up going with Ridin 2.0 and setting the 40s myself but your stuff is really good and if you would settle on one final version I think it will be the best version out! I think we used to both make rosters for 2K on 360 where you could only add 100 prospects and you did good work back then also. If I get curious and download your newest version I would be unhappy with my current franchise again and the cycle would continue...

A couple things I noticed.
I think the blue Jays system in the base set (Ridin) is a bit inflated. they have like 7 or 8 top 100s and in real life they only have 3.

Quinn Priester on the Pirates should be 88 - 90 potential as he was 18th overall pick

Some Tampa prospects are little underrated also.

I edited the Cap for Yoshi on TB to CVRH 63 Pwr 80 CVLH 49 per 64 and dropped his Fielding reaction by 3. I read a couple reports that said he'll only DH against righties to start the season.

TOR Shun Yamaguchi pitches are a little off. He throws 4seam, Splitter, Slider, Curve and 2seam and Velo tops at 91. Also from what I've read he's probably not going to win a starting job so maybe he should be a reliever. Trent Thornton who's a RP should end up the SP.

I think Brandon Lowe is a 2B not LF. I could be wrong though.

This is just a guess but I think Starling Marte will end up in LF or RF but my money is on RF.

I moved Thames to 1B on the Nats and Kendrick to the OF so the CPU will leave Castro at 2B down the Line and Eaton to RF. Fwiw

Justsome suggestions and if you already edited some of this I apologize cuz I'm scared to look at your new roster for fear of falling in love with it hahah
Old 03-29-2020, 08:32 PM   #14
Rookie

jamesmb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael412

This is just a guess but I think Starling Marte will end up in LF or RF but my money is on RF.
DBacks traded for Starling to start in CF so that Ketel can move back to 2B full time. They signed Kole Calhoun to start in RF and have David Peralta for LF.

He'll be in CF this season, but he has an option on his contract for next season so if that's not picked up then he might end up signing with a team for a corner OF spot for the 2021 season.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:25 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesmb
DBacks traded for Starling to start in CF so that Ketel can move back to 2B full time. They signed Kole Calhoun to start in RF and have David Peralta for LF.

He'll be in CF this season, but he has an option on his contract for next season so if that's not picked up then he might end up signing with a team for a corner OF spot for the 2021 season.
Ah ok.. he was very poor defensively for us last year in-center but gold glove caliber in left so I thought maybe he would go back to a corner
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2020, 11:23 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33

- regarding what's next: I have already worked on the file I posted (5.0). New stuff that awaits (I actually kept notes this time - for WHEN it's posted):

I just wanna clarify, because I think you said after 4.0 you were done...so you've now created a 5.0 AND are planning on doing another update? Your rosters are great, so I don't want to start a franchise until you've completed your final update, I'm just not sure when you're actually gonna be done tweaking them

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »