Home

1906 roster in the vault

This is a discussion on 1906 roster in the vault within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2020, 01:41 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
1906 roster in the vault

1906 RBU is the title

This is a carryover from 1905 I did a few years ago. Completely reworked ratings with latest RBU utility.

For those who may be unaware, this is dead-ball era baseball...low batting averages, very few home runs and lots of pitching and speed. Mostly low-velocity junk ball pitchers (pitch information taken from the wonderful Neyer/James guide)

Games will play differently and may require some slider adjustments. Unfortunately, because bunting is absolutely wrecked in this game, a major component of the play style is taken away.

While you can play a franchise (rosters are complete beyond 25-man...as far as they go for MLB teams, plus future MLB players), understand that some changes over the years make it difficult...I'm talking mostly about teams back then carrying very few pitchers. Since relief pitching was a rarity back then it's difficult to flesh out bullpens properly. So a lot of teams that were short on pitchers have generic, unnamed pitchers with average ratings for the season.

Anyway, I played a few games and it is certaintly a different feel, especially if you use the old uniforms and ballparks. Can be fun.

Did my best on faces but I'm not that good, and for a lot of no-namers I didn't edit them at all. And, btw, flapless batting helmets for all. Not as good as no helmets but better than flaps.

After a break I start work on 1907...since we can now transfer rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2020, 03:09 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 1906 roster in the vault

This sounds amazing! Thanks. I look forward to giving Cobb some chin music.
Old 05-01-2020, 10:48 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Go white Sox!!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2020, 08:02 AM   #4
Pro

jemyers1975's Arena

OVR: 2

Wow amazing roster set !! Love being able to play with greats like Cobb and chief bender and honus wagner so cool awesome job

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »