Home

MLB The Show 20: The Strat-O-Matic '80s Roster From htskr21

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 20: The Strat-O-Matic '80s Roster From htskr21 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2020, 10:00 AM   #33
Rookie

htskr21's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Strat-O-Matic the 80's roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Raider Ren
Dude... this roster is absolutely amazing. Nicely done. Armor highly recommend it. You rated the players perfectly IMO. So many of the classic rosters have too many high rated players. The way you rated them makes the league balanced much more realistically.

I’m going to do a fantasy draft and pick a random team.

Oh, and the players like Ricky Vaughn, Willie Mays, Hayes, Pedro Cerrano, etc. - FRICKIN AWESOME. I may just have to do the Indians, and make sure to grab a few of those guys. Thanks for doing this.
I can't take credit for the movie guys and I'm not that good with faces. The movie guys and many of the players were imports from other rosters/creators. I did all of the editing, moving, aging, service time adjustments, skin tones and final balancing for any player with a "C" or above potential or having been a big leaguer at some point. I tried to keep the 80's in mind when constructing the teams, so their weaknesses/strengths matched up with the kind of teams they had in that decade. (Yankees had poor starting pitching except Guidry and every past his prime veteran that ever lived. Randolph was as solid as they come and obviously Mattingly and Winfield. Pretty thin everywhere else, unless you moved Rickey over there. Man, did I want to!)
Old 06-29-2020, 12:10 PM   #34
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by htskr21
I can't take credit for the movie guys and I'm not that good with faces. The movie guys and many of the players were imports from other rosters/creators. I did all of the editing, moving, aging, service time adjustments, skin tones and final balancing for any player with a "C" or above potential or having been a big leaguer at some point. I tried to keep the 80's in mind when constructing the teams, so their weaknesses/strengths matched up with the kind of teams they had in that decade. (Yankees had poor starting pitching except Guidry and every past his prime veteran that ever lived. Randolph was as solid as they come and obviously Mattingly and Winfield. Pretty thin everywhere else, unless you moved Rickey over there. Man, did I want to!)
Your roster is excellent. You can at least take credit for that. It's one of the best custom rosters out there. The only other one that I love outside of Ridin 2.5, is Armor's 1992 roster.

I'm going to do a fantasy draft with yours, and have some fun.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror

Last edited by Ren The Conqueror; 06-29-2020 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:52 PM   #35
Pro

GainzBro's Arena

Quote:
Your roster is excellent. You can at least take credit for that. It's one of the best custom rosters out there. The only other one that I love outside of Ridin 2.5, is Armor's 1992 roster.

A fantasy draft with this roster is just awesome.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2020, 09:26 PM   #36
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:

I helped a little. Trav-Diddy did all the heavy lifting on that 1992 Roster. But I am glad you really enjoy that.

This roster is simply awesome and built for a fantasy draft universe in the 1980’s era of baseball.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 07-06-2020, 03:23 PM   #37
Pro

GainzBro's Arena

Quote:
Completed version now in the vault.
Would it be ok with you if I use this roster as a base to practice editing?

Last edited by GainzBro; 07-06-2020 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-06-2020, 10:09 PM   #38
Rookie

htskr21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainzBro
Would it be ok with you if I use this roster as a base to practice editing?

Of course. If I didn't want to share, I wouldn't have posted it.
Old 07-07-2020, 08:10 PM   #39
Pro

GainzBro's Arena

Quote:
Of course. If I didn't want to share, I wouldn't have posted it.
Thank you!

Old 07-11-2020, 07:59 AM   #40
Pro

GainzBro's Arena

One of the beauties of a fantasy drafted roster with this particular pool of players is the balance it creates with talent distribution especially concerning trades and transactions in my franchise.
For starters I don't have the same trade capital I'd have in an SDS roster where I could easily acquire an embarrassment of riches. This makes trades or potential trades require some serious research, negotiation and it really will cost you as a GM if you want to go get someone. Just how it should be.
Second I've come to realize our C potential guys and prospects are incredibly valuable. In an SDS roster they are basically throw-away players when one can acquire an entire team of A and B guys. I completely agree with the sentiment that most all big leaguers are in the C level and the game will play so much better this way.
The main takeaway here is this roster just keeps revealing it's excellence the more I dig into it. It is great fun!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »