Home

Classic Teams - MLB 20

This is a discussion on Classic Teams - MLB 20 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2021, 04:42 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Classic Teams - MLB 20

Anyone know if there is s complete Negro league season roster in the vault?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2021, 06:32 PM   #42
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge380
Quick question Boston. A lot of your classic teams need uniform rebranding and logo changes. Do you know how many saves can we keep as created teams? Your rosters are fantastic and Thanks
Yeah Don's comment is correct and thanks. My approach is I select a classic set and start a new franchise. Once I rebrand the teams I'll correct uniform numbers and lineups in spring training then begin the regular season and save the franchise to an external drive before I play any regular-season games. That way, I have that franchise to reuse whenever I want. I have 4 of the 6 roster sets already rebranded and saved. It's a bit of work up front but you only have to do it once and the logo vault has pretty much everything you need.

For classic sports highlights and livestream action, follow me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@greenmonster37ft/videos
Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/BostonRob75

Last edited by bostongahden; 05-15-2021 at 06:36 PM.
Old 05-15-2021, 06:35 PM   #43
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
Anyone know if there is s complete Negro league season roster in the vault?
Not that I am aware of but once my Spectacular 60s set is done there will be 6 complete teams. I think I may eventually create 4 more. My teams are all-time teams as it is difficult to get enough players for some teams for a single-season version of a franchise. Also, some players played for more than one franchise so it becomes harder to stay away from duplicate players.

Follow me on Twitter:
Old 05-16-2021, 11:15 PM   #44
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongahden
Yeah Don's comment is correct and thanks. My approach is I select a classic set and start a new franchise. Once I rebrand the teams I'll correct uniform numbers and lineups in spring training then begin the regular season and save the franchise to an external drive before I play any regular-season games. That way, I have that franchise to reuse whenever I want. I have 4 of the 6 roster sets already rebranded and saved. It's a bit of work up front but you only have to do it once and the logo vault has pretty much everything you need.
Thank you, fellas, I appreciate the info.
Old 05-21-2021, 02:52 PM   #45
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

OK I have about 15 CAPS left to do and the Spectacular 60s will be in the can. Should be released sometime this weekend after a quick review of player ratings. Here are those other 2 sets of Negro league uniform logos that I put in the vault for this set.

Homestead Grays

Chicago American Giants

Follow me on Twitter:

Last edited by bostongahden; 05-21-2021 at 03:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2021, 04:39 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongahden
OK I have about 15 CAPS left to do and the Spectacular 60s will be in the can. Should be released sometime this weekend after a quick review of player ratings. Here are those other 2 sets of Negro league uniform logos that I put in the vault for this set.

Homestead Grays

Chicago American Giants

boston: THAT is a KILLER Chicago uniform!!!
I hear your hopes
I feel your dreams
And in the dark I hear your screams
Don't turn away, Just take my hand
I'll never leave, All I ask of you, Is Believe.

Believe

Savatage - RIP Chris Oliva - April 3, 1963 – October 17, 1993
Old 05-24-2021, 12:57 PM   #47
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

Well, it’s a done deal. The Spectacular 60s set is in the vault. This set features the best players for each franchise of the 1960s. Check the OP for details on this set. With the exception of the Negro League teams, the other 1960s era franchises will feature at least 50 players (26 at MLB and 24 at AAA) with no duplicate players. Some of the farmhands for the 1969 expansion teams that never made it to the bigs do not have accurate likenesses because there are no pics available. I just assigned random faces to these players.

I can also say with a significant degree of certainty that this will be my last complete roster project for MLB 20. It has been 7 years and change of extending my specialty sets from title to title for The Show on the PS4, and I have no desire to hurry back into the time vacuum that is roster creation on the PS5. I have to extend much thanks to all the talented roster/CAP makers (past and present) as their terrific work made life a lot easier for me to assemble my sets. A tip of my cap to the following contributors: DrSublime, BigKlu, doncropper, Knight165, Rwings832, Dallmantor1, rtg444, lortel7, JohnEKool, Aboti98, sc73ray, Marsl444, baumy300, pjsnell10, KISS75, MK Harsh, JMyers/Jethrotull, Shanev, Biebig, PitBucs08, sracat, and TwinVikes61. It has been quite a ride through the mists of time, and I’ve really enjoyed being part of a solid group so committed to classic baseball. The MLB 20 version will go down as a cornerstone title in this respect.

Assembling and rerating players and making CAPS and uniforms is not for the faint of heart. It now feels so good to be satisfied with the countless choices I have in front of me for classic matchups, whether it be from my specialty sets or a classic season that has been fashioned by one of the fine creators listed above. I’m thinking I may create 4 more Negro League teams which would give me a total of 10, and I would move all these into my All-Decade set. I’m also thinking of making my Top 50 all-time set a 90 man set. If I get around to these updates, I’ll post that here.

As I mentioned above, I have no plans to move forward to the next-gen console for a while. The transition to it by The Show has been anything but smooth as it has been fraught with glitches and instability that I know will be corrected in time. If I discover later that I still have the desire to pull back the curtain on the PS5, there would be a few things that could get me back into classic roster creation. These three items would be at the top of my list: customizable seasons/franchises so you do not have to make 30 teams per set, year-to-year saves MUST return, and a uniform vault that would also be available in playoff mode.

I will continue to drop by here and post the odd update on some of my gameplay experiences and keep checking in to see how things are progressing with the transition to the PS5, but other than that, it is time to simply play ball. Peace!

Follow me on Twitter:

Last edited by bostongahden; 05-24-2021 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-30-2021, 11:10 PM   #48
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

I unveiled a shiny new franchise today - The Spectacular 60s on MLB 20! I also have 6 Negro League teams in this set to replace non-era teams. So, it's Opening Day and my 60s Red Sox knocked off the all-time Philadelphia Stars at Shibe Park. The Stars made this park their home in the 1940s. In this clip, the game highlights are first then some stellar center field play by the Stars' Chaney White and Boston's Reggie Smith.

Follow me on Twitter:

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »