Home

MLB:The Show 20 Offseason Roster

This is a discussion on MLB:The Show 20 Offseason Roster within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2021, 07:37 PM   #1
MVP

bhrangerfan0809's Arena

OVR: 2
MLB:The Show 20 Offseason Roster

I’m working on an offseason roster based on Ridin’s full minors roster set that was posted for the 2020 season back in August.

So far I have the MLB rosters correct as of today (based on the Fangraphs Roster Resource page). All players have been moved to the correct teams *unless they are free agents. I have moved all free agents rated 70 and above to the free agents list, and the rest are either in the free agents list, the three legends teams, or in AA (there are so many free agents right now that they won’t all fit in the Free Agents section, so the lesser FAs are being used to meet organizational roster needs as fill-ins).

As the rosters have been mostly set, I’m now going through the re-rating process, which may take some time.

I believe these could be the most accurate rosters available once I post them, HOWEVER, I do want to ask this question of you:

I figured some may not like that I used Ridin’s roster as a base for this roster, and some may not feel that me disclosing it above is enough. So, let me know below if you want me to release these rosters in the Vault. If I decide to, they’ll be listed tomorrow night with weekly updates for the foreseeable future. Im very excited about this project and I hope you are too! Thank you for checking this out, and let me know your thoughts below.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2021, 05:59 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB:The Show 20 Offseason Roster

Yes release it ASAP. I want to start my Padres franchise with the updated roster.

Just wondering if you will be to add the Korean power hitting 2B/INF Ha-Seong Kim who they signed to a 4 year contract.
Old 01-03-2021, 06:56 PM   #3
MVP

bhrangerfan0809's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb24sd
Yes release it ASAP. I want to start my Padres franchise with the updated roster.

Just wondering if you will be to add the Korean power hitting 2B/INF Ha-Seong Kim who they signed to a 4 year contract.
He's been added! Thank you for your interest. I'll need to update his contract info, though. I started with ratings edits in the NL West and have got to the Brewers so far, so the Padres re-edits reflecting the past two seasons have been completed for their MLB roster.
Old 01-05-2021, 03:48 AM   #4
MVP

bhrangerfan0809's Arena

Little update for those patiently waiting...

I'm taking about one hour per team with the ratings edits as I want to be thorough. I have a makeshift ratings calculator that gives me an idea of how players should be rated, so that part doesn't take too long, but I'm trying to get the ratings to agree with my general framework for how minor leaguers and major league players should be rated. Generally, I'm hoping that ratings go like this:

70 overall and above: MLB-Level Players
65-69: AAA-Level Players
60-64: AA-Level Players
59 and Below: A-Level and Rookie-Level Players

So some players have had barely any or no MLB stats to plug into the calculator. I then have to find their highest minor league level stats (that have a decent sample size) and use those stats the calculator gives me with a curve based on how far below the MLB the minor league level the stats are from is. There are some MLB players who are going to be rated in the 60s who are actually established MLB players...so far Carson Fulmer and Jeff Hoffman come to mind. I try to find the highest level in the minors that they had relative success at and rate them based on that (this sort of establishes a floor, otherwise some MLB players like Fulmer and Hoffman would be rated equal to, say, A-level minor leaguers. Hoffman, for example, has a rating in the AA-Level Range because I deemed that as the highest level he had success at...he was abysmal in AAA with a good sample size of innings pitched).

Right now I have two more teams left in the National League, then I will begin the American League. I'm hoping to finish this as soon as possible as you've requested, but I also don't want to release it with some major rating adjustment omissions. We're also waiting on a lot of free agents to sign, so real-life rosters will be changing daily anyway.

I know you guys will enjoy this roster when it's finished!
Old 01-05-2021, 08:35 AM   #5
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Roster sounds awesome! Will you be making moves as they happen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2021, 10:00 AM   #6
MVP

bhrangerfan0809's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Roster sounds awesome! Will you be making moves as they happen?
Absolutely! I’m keeping track of all signings with MLB Trade Rumors and will implement changes each day before/after the ratings edits.
Old 01-05-2021, 09:53 PM   #7
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Roster could be released before end of week? Or is that too soon of a timeline?

Sorry for asking, looking for a good offseason roster to play with.
Old 01-06-2021, 11:41 AM   #8
MVP

bhrangerfan0809's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Roster could be released before end of week? Or is that too soon of a timeline?

Sorry for asking, looking for a good offseason roster to play with.
I just finished re-rating players for the National League teams, so I’m starting the AL today, with an average of two teams per day. I could possibly do more than that per day this weekend, so I’m looking at a Monday-Wednesday range for a version 1.0 release. Thanks again for your patience. I’ll keep everyone updated on my progress as we near the release.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »