Home

Ridins Full Minors roster information

This is a discussion on Ridins Full Minors roster information within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2021, 12:42 PM   #105
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Ridins Full Minors roster information

PS5 franchise mode crashes post patch
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...d.php?t=984909

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2021, 01:04 PM   #106
MVP

Guys are saying it’s still happening even after using new franchises and new rosters

Old 05-04-2021, 01:05 PM   #107
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Man, I swear, every year it's something. Why can't we just have one year with franchise mode where everything just works as it should. Is this a confirmed issue?

I haven’t had issues using the SDS roster that I personally edited but there’s threads here and on theshow.com forums

Old 05-04-2021, 01:07 PM   #108
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I'm 10 or so games in on PS4 with a custom roster and have had no issues thus far, FWIW.
Old 05-04-2021, 03:41 PM   #109
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I get you. But the problem with not having an overall is the CPU and the franchise engine as a whole is not complex enough to quantify a players value. Without the overall there is no way for the CPU to differentiate value between say A) Kevin Kiermiaer, Amazing defense, serviceable speed, okay contact and little power who won’t strike out or walk that much vs a guy like say B) Rhyshoskins. Big power, average contact, no value on defense of on the bases path, who will strike out a ton but also take a bunch of walks.

The computer would value either one or the other and create great imbalance. The overall allows the CPU to view KK and RH as players of similar value who just happen to do different t things based on overall value.

I am all for fog of war like NHL has. But after scouting for a few months, and playing a few seasons you pretty much know everyone’s overall by that time essentially eliminating the fog of war
It would be nice if behind the scenes the CPU "saw" a few different overalls for a player. Like KK is a 93 overall defensive archetype player, but an 82 hitter. Then it analyzed what it had on its roster and what its goals were and made choices based off of that.

That isn't completely complex, but would still probably need a bit if rebuilding to make it work for this game.

I personally wish the game just used the 20-80 system with steps of 5 like real scouts use. Would lead to more fog of war, but be clear enough for the casual fans, and would eliminate the user and CPU from making choices off of 1 point rating differences and whatnot.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 05-04-2021, 05:33 PM   #110
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It would be nice if behind the scenes the CPU "saw" a few different overalls for a player. Like KK is a 93 overall defensive archetype player, but an 82 hitter. Then it analyzed what it had on its roster and what its goals were and made choices based off of that.

That isn't completely complex, but would still probably need a bit if rebuilding to make it work for this game.

I personally wish the game just used the 20-80 system with steps of 5 like real scouts use. Would lead to more fog of war, but be clear enough for the casual fans, and would eliminate the user and CPU from making choices off of 1 point rating differences and whatnot.

20-80 would be great for die hard fans of baseball. The problem is casuals would have no idea what the 20-80 scale reflects. They have to make this game accessible to all levels of interest
Old 05-04-2021, 08:08 PM   #111
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Man, I swear, every year it's something. Why can't we just have one year with franchise mode where everything just works as it should. Is this a confirmed issue?
Like this with every major game company. With talking to friends with the ps5, there a dumb choices they decided on he said. They probably just figure they can rush a broken a product out because; These companies know they can just hire/pay their employees to rush out patches. Aka - Cyberpunk, Call of Duty, 2k, Madden etc. Always need a day one patch.

Its usually one step forward, two steps back though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2021, 09:07 PM   #112
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
20-80 would be great for die hard fans of baseball. The problem is casuals would have no idea what the 20-80 scale reflects. They have to make this game accessible to all levels of interest
20-80 is not too complex for the casuals. You would need one small simple graphic to explain it all in 10 seconds. The rule 5 draft and player options are more complicated than the simple 20-80 and they have both inside of the game.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »