Home

Ridins Full Minors roster information

This is a discussion on Ridins Full Minors roster information within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2021, 03:48 PM   #25
Indians Guru
 
Funkycorm's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,713
Re: Ridins Full Minors roster information

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
Agreed. By the time you get 6-7 years in, nobody has anybody in their rotation under a 80. Same for the most part with lineup.

I disagree a bit on the top 10 list being the only A's.

Many 18-19 year olds arent atop the prospect lists because they have not shown much. Jasson Dominguez is #28 on MLB.COM with 60+ scouting grades in nearly everything.
In real life I agree with this completely. But in the game we have to make adjustments. We have to consider that on average there are 10 new As and 50 new Bs introduced with each draft class and that adds to the problem. Some are low rated overall but wreak havoc on the depth charts of CPU controlled minor league systems in-game. The true problem comes from the amount of B potentials because this can range from 80-89 and causes more congestion in the middle as well.

I settled on 10 here even though my roster has a couple less because that is what works with the game and meshes with the draft classss. If someone does not lower potentials of draft classes like I do and most likely don't because of the work involved in it, it causes sustained problems. Not until the game starts giving us weaker draft classes a few years in.

It's a tough boat to sail but it works for me. I don't expect FM to embrace my philosophy but true to why I posted here in the first place was that the top 30 per team worried me about what the potentials would look like.
__________________
Funkycorm

Currently Playing:
MLB The Show 20
Horizon Zero Dawn
Random games on Steam

Twitch
Funkycorm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2021, 04:55 PM   #26
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: canada
Re: Ridins Full Minors roster information

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarflacco
Yea they mentioned it in the stream and they said sds is aware and that they’d fix it.

Inagine if they didnt tho? Who remembers nccaa football where you to had to purchase the memory cards with the rosters on them lmao
Please don’t scare us 😰 glad sds knows now it’s a matter of waiting for ridins roster to start a franchise 🤔⌚️⏱
__________________
go url
mlbtheshowgamer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 08:31 AM   #27
#1
 
Instant C1a55ic's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,916
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Ridins Full Minors roster information

What's the Legends stuff entail in the first release? Every team gonna have a legend on their squad?

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesscan
I live in Chicago and we have a new nickname for him (Jay Cutler) here....

50 Cent....

Cuz he's only good for 2 Quarters!!!!!
NFL - Denver Broncos
MLB - Colorado Rockies
NHL - Colorado Avalanche/Winnipeg Jets
Instant C1a55ic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 08:57 AM   #28
2021 NL Cy Young
 
The Kid 24's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 11,835
Re: Ridins Full Minors roster information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
What's the Legends stuff entail in the first release? Every team gonna have a legend on their squad?

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
No, all the legends will be left in FA... Before they always import real FAs over the legends.
__________________
Milwaukee Brewers
Green Bay Packers
North Carolina Tar Heels Basketball
North Carolina Tar Heels Baseball
Wisconsin Badgers Football
The Kid 24 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 09:00 AM   #29
#1
 
Instant C1a55ic's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,916
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Ridins Full Minors roster information

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
No, all the legends will be left in FA... Before they always import real FAs over the legends.
Thank you for the info

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesscan
I live in Chicago and we have a new nickname for him (Jay Cutler) here....

50 Cent....

Cuz he's only good for 2 Quarters!!!!!
NFL - Denver Broncos
MLB - Colorado Rockies
NHL - Colorado Avalanche/Winnipeg Jets
Instant C1a55ic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 10:39 AM   #30
Rookie
 
zbundy3's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Re: Ridins Full Minors roster information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
Thank you for the info

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
Also when you start a franchise with these rosters you can select the option of legends turned to off and they will replace those legends with generic players in the FA list and most of those will retire after the first season, so it's not that big of a deal.
zbundy3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 11:56 AM   #31
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2014
Re: Ridins Full Minors roster information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
In real life I agree with this completely. But in the game we have to make adjustments. We have to consider that on average there are 10 new As and 50 new Bs introduced with each draft class and that adds to the problem. Some are low rated overall but wreak havoc on the depth charts of CPU controlled minor league systems in-game. The true problem comes from the amount of B potentials because this can range from 80-89 and causes more congestion in the middle as well.

I settled on 10 here even though my roster has a couple less because that is what works with the game and meshes with the draft classss. If someone does not lower potentials of draft classes like I do and most likely don't because of the work involved in it, it causes sustained problems. Not until the game starts giving us weaker draft classes a few years in.

It's a tough boat to sail but it works for me. I don't expect FM to embrace my philosophy but true to why I posted here in the first place was that the top 30 per team worried me about what the potentials would look like.
Being able to edit players from the draft pick signing screen would be such a great quality of life addition to streamline this. I wonder how difficult something like that would be to add? Seems it would be much simpler than allowing for actual custom draft classes, and could act as a solid bandaid until they do improve draft classes.
jyod21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2021, 12:09 PM   #32
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Re: Ridins Full Minors roster information

is there an estimated time for the release of the first edition of Ridin's Rosters? Also, does anyone know if there is anything halfway decent out there currently?

Thanks!
slugga77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:44 AM.

Top -