Home

They have so many top prospects ages wrong

This is a discussion on They have so many top prospects ages wrong within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-05-2021, 07:19 PM   #81
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: They have so many top prospects ages wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
Again, why it wasn't fixed is because people like me who notice and do a thorough roster usually haven't made a list in a few years.

Im the only person that I know of that provided those list and got those changes on those list corrected when I was doing them. Its been a few years that I've even bothered doing them anymore.

The last time I did them it took 2 months for them to fix and took a lot of me griping to the right person.

Again I said the same thing you guys are thinking to a lead designer I wouldn't half to keep asking for those changes if u allow me to edit myself this was 2018. Providing thorough wish list and that conversation that year sure enough thought maybe they would unlock it, but nope was disappointed and just gave up at this point where we get full editing on any player.

Oh they will fix the stuff if u provide a list and proof, but they wanna be in control not give us that type of control even though we pay 70.00 for a game we half to ask to fix stuff they get paid to do.

Years ago the head designer told me the boss loved my attention to detail, yet were about 2 consoles later and about 6 or 7 editions of the game later and still we are handcuffed.

Exactly//

at least you had a win getting service time put in.. we can all thank you for that win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2021, 08:57 PM   #82
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Why the hell would I care about the servers and roster vault?? I have a years worth of rosters and I don't need the severs for franchise mode?
Th point i am trying to get through to you lol is that they didn't choose not put in an ability to change ages in game to make franchise players (which I am sure is a small part of buyers now) have to but the new game. Especially considering they didn't change the ages in the new game. so in reality, they did nothing to make you personally buy the new game.
Old 05-06-2021, 11:09 PM   #83
Rookie

IUThor40's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarflacco
Th point i am trying to get through to you lol is that they didn't choose not put in an ability to change ages in game to make franchise players (which I am sure is a small part of buyers now) have to but the new game. Especially considering they didn't change the ages in the new game. so in reality, they did nothing to make you personally buy the new game.

No, but they consistently refer to “franchise improvements” or updates in their game rollouts, so they are still trying to get franchise players in.

So the ****** thing is, they reel in guys who love baseball, who want to take teams over for years, and they market it. But then you get the game and they’ve adjusted enough **** incorrectly, or ignored enough, that it only makes sense to play DD.

They are intentionally rigging the game to get extra $$$, and screwing over the fanbase that made their game. It’s nauseating that they continue to do this. They’ve killed the franchise mode of the game where franchise is the most important and immersive.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Indiana Pacers
Old 05-06-2021, 11:10 PM   #84
Rookie

IUThor40's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarflacco

You’re just going to continue to blindly support the devs, pat their backs, and give them all a pass, though. You’re either a super troll, or a relative. Or you work for SDS.

Indiana Pacers
Old 05-07-2021, 12:25 AM   #85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUThor40
You’re just going to continue to blindly support the devs, pat their backs, and give them all a pass, though. You’re either a super troll, or a relative. Or you work for SDS.

Bro what are you talking about? When did I "pat a dev on the back". You're emotionally talking about wether you are happy with the game. We were having a debate on wether SDS "intentionally does not allow you to edit ages of players in franchise as a deep sewn marketing ploy to make you buy next years game".

I believe they should do what to have to do to make these thing editable and they dropped the ball by not doing so . I think its impossible this is a marketing ploy because they didn't even edit the ages themselves this year.

And sorry for your experience but I have not been inclined to touch dd. Ill be perfectly fine with playing my franchise. Not sure if it's okay with you for me enjoy the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2021, 07:46 AM   #86
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

They should add the ability to adjust height and weight also. The weights are way off for a lot of guys. A couple examples, Ryan Vilade in the Rockies system is listed on mlb.com as 226, but in game is only 194. Shea Langeliers listed 205 but in game 190. I’m sure there are a ton more.

Basically all the prospects with a face scan will look super skinny because their weights seem to be based on whatever they were at the time they were drafted, and not updated as they bulk up as a pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-07-2021, 01:49 PM   #87
Rookie

There isn't some master plan to get franchise users to buy the game by screwing up the rosters..

The truth is, it's not that they care so much about the franchise player that they want to retain us. They care so little that they don't pay attention to any of the details.

This is literally a fix they could pay a college student with half a brain to fix in an hour or two, especially when the community provides the list of players needing adjustment. They could also unlock the ability for us to change it -- but realistically, the issue just doesn't appear on their radar.

Even in a year where franchise supposedly got a ground-up logic overhaul, the game feels unchanged for franchise players outside of UI differences (which are arguably worse).

If SDS' plan here is to keep us around by making an unfixable roster, the person whose idea it is should be fired...I regret buying this year and I am really losing interest in the game. It is very stale -- draft is same, commentary is the same, same broken logic -- progression/regression, schedules, no 3-team trades (c'mon,this should have been a feature 10 years ago).

It is sad that 3 weeks into a late release year we still don't have a playable roster.
Old 05-07-2021, 05:02 PM   #88
Rookie

IUThor40's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoezz
There isn't some master plan to get franchise users to buy the game by screwing up the rosters..

The truth is, it's not that they care so much about the franchise player that they want to retain us. They care so little that they don't pay attention to any of the details.

This is literally a fix they could pay a college student with half a brain to fix in an hour or two, especially when the community provides the list of players needing adjustment. They could also unlock the ability for us to change it -- but realistically, the issue just doesn't appear on their radar.

Even in a year where franchise supposedly got a ground-up logic overhaul, the game feels unchanged for franchise players outside of UI differences (which are arguably worse).

If SDS' plan here is to keep us around by making an unfixable roster, the person whose idea it is should be fired...I regret buying this year and I am really losing interest in the game. It is very stale -- draft is same, commentary is the same, same broken logic -- progression/regression, schedules, no 3-team trades (c'mon,this should have been a feature 10 years ago).

It is sad that 3 weeks into a late release year we still don't have a playable roster.

I’m not arguing the terrible rosters are the ploy to keep franchise guys in. I’m saying the constant reference to franchise improvements prior to release continue to pull us in, in the hope that it’s finally back to something good. It’s good marketing. But then they are lazy with rosters, only cater to DD crowd with rosters, and make it darn near impossible to create a good simulation/experience in franchise.

And we still want to play baseball, so if franchise sucks, then we’ll likely get sucked into DD. And some people will then likely get into spending $$ in DD. And they’ve accomplished their goal.

The lack of improvements or just working features to support franchise is ok with SDS - it funnels players to DD. And they just rake in the money.

Indiana Pacers

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »