Home

Interesting roster problem

This is a discussion on Interesting roster problem within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2021, 12:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Interesting roster problem

So I ran into an interesting roster problem this past weekend in my franchise. I'm using the full minors v1 set in my Pirates franchise. I finished up season 1 and when I got to the rule 5 draft I ended up losing Nick Gonzales to Reds in the draft. Pirates 2020 1st round pick. I didn't even think to look and see if he was eligible for the draft because I know he should have had a few more seasons before being eligible. I ended up trading to get him back but now he has to stay on the active roster because he was a rule 5. Wasn't sure if this was a code problem with the game or a problem with the roster set? Has anyone had a problem like this before?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2021, 03:20 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Interesting roster problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by cme26wvu
So I ran into an interesting roster problem this past weekend in my franchise. I'm using the full minors v1 set in my Pirates franchise. I finished up season 1 and when I got to the rule 5 draft I ended up losing Nick Gonzales to Reds in the draft. Pirates 2020 1st round pick. I didn't even think to look and see if he was eligible for the draft because I know he should have had a few more seasons before being eligible. I ended up trading to get him back but now he has to stay on the active roster because he was a rule 5. Wasn't sure if this was a code problem with the game or a problem with the roster set? Has anyone had a problem like this before?

Tbh SDS probably doesn't give enough ****s to make sure something like this is accurate since they just copy and pasted prospects from last year's roster into the game this year and didn't bother to even edit the ages correctly.
Old 06-08-2021, 12:26 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Interesting roster problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViatorLion10
Tbh SDS probably doesn't give enough ****s to make sure something like this is accurate since they just copy and pasted prospects from last year's roster into the game this year and didn't bother to even edit the ages correctly.
Yeah I believe that. Been a recycled franchise mode for years now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »