Home

1000+ Hour MLB Roster 2021......

This is a discussion on 1000+ Hour MLB Roster 2021...... within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2021, 01:34 PM   #121
Pro

IndianSummer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 1000+ Hour MLB Roster 2021......

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
It definitely is. Considering how those players are generated using the dev team’s ratings scale you’d figure something needs to be done.

Rosters are great, but I need to know what needs to be done about rookies every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I haven’t made it that far yet in my franchise but, I was planning on dropping the potential of all the rookies by 6. So any of them that have a 96 or higher potential will remain an “A” rated player. The rest will become “B” Not sure off this will work but that’s my plan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2021, 07:19 PM   #122
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
It definitely is. Considering how those players are generated using the dev team’s ratings scale you’d figure something needs to be done.

Rosters are great, but I need to know what needs to be done about rookies every year.

I would say that probably any roster set that severely adjusts potentials, you should probably consider doing draft pick edits (if you're up for it, but by no means a 100% necessity)

I created my own system that should be quick and easy to implement. Check it out here and let me know what you think in that thread:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...post2050400163
Old 06-21-2021, 04:41 PM   #123
Rookie

BrianMcNulty11's Arena

Yeah you're gonna have to edit draft picks no matter what roster you use. The CPU generated picks are always stupidly high in most areas.

Old 06-21-2021, 06:22 PM   #124
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMcNulty11
Yeah you're gonna have to edit draft picks no matter what roster you use. The CPU generated picks are always stupidly high in most areas.

Makes sense. Curious as to what your method is since you created the roster. Want to make sure I am doing it correctly.

Old 06-23-2021, 12:24 PM   #125
Rookie

BrianMcNulty11's Arena

I don't really have a method or a formula. I guess I try to just keep a range for overall based on which level the player is/should be. Then potentials is just lowering most of them. I like to have about 20-25 players total on the roster with A potential. Just my personal preference for a long playthrough.

Here's how I do overalls:

MLB - 70+
AAA - 66-69
AA - 60-65
A - 59 and under

(So basically any kid drafted is gonna fall into the 65 and under range. Very very few players jump right into AAA.)

Then potentials, like I said, fluctuate. Maybe 4-5 of the first rounders get A potential. That's it. I feel like too many A potentials makes the entire save file a giant mess 4-5 years in.

Again, just my view. Do what you want and have fun. Lots of great rosters out there if mine isn't for you. Have a good week guys, I gotta run.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2021, 08:47 PM   #126
Rookie

I love this roster. Thank you so much for all of the hard work and the amount of time that you have put into this roster. I have two questions. When do you edit the draft class and what exactly do you edit. Thank you so much for all that you do.
Old 06-24-2021, 06:50 PM   #127
Banned

HennyHefner's Arena

Hey guys I'm new to MLB the show since it came to xbox. Can someone explain to me how to set up two profiles for a 30 team controlled franchise? I've tried to figure it out and I can't get it. (I feel very dumb) Are profiles and presets the same thing, I found a video on youtube but the layout of the game was from 2014 so nothing really matched up.
Old 06-29-2021, 05:03 PM   #128
Rookie

Since you already did the leg work of putting all injured players in A ball, do i still need to do 30 team control and manually injure them? What about guys that will come back mid season (Sale, maybe Eloy, etc)? SInce they arent on the 40 man, will they never play in the 2021 season?

This roster is incredible!!! Just need this question answered before i start my franchise. TBH I'm lazy and dont feel like doing 30 team control haha.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »