Home

1000+ Hour MLB Roster 2021......

This is a discussion on 1000+ Hour MLB Roster 2021...... within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2021, 06:12 PM   #49
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: 1000+ Hour MLB Roster 2021......

Haha, so true on the Bucs. I'd like to play a franchise with them but the MLB team is BAD. I'm contemplating starting a 30-team so I can rebuild Pittsburgh and play other games around the league until they're more playable. I enjoy playing live exhibition with stats, fatigued pitching staffs, etc so jumping around the league seems like an even better experience for that since live rosters can be hit or miss.
Old 05-26-2021, 07:17 PM   #50
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Haha, so true on the Bucs. I'd like to play a franchise with them but the MLB team is BAD. I'm contemplating starting a 30-team so I can rebuild Pittsburgh and play other games around the league until they're more playable. I enjoy playing live exhibition with stats, fatigued pitching staffs, etc so jumping around the league seems like an even better experience for that since live rosters can be hit or miss.
This is how I'm playing my franchise. Using random number app to pick the team I play with each calendar day. Been fun so far. At some point I'll rule out the really bad teams so I'm playing with playoff contenders. Then idk what the plan will be in the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 05-26-2021, 08:05 PM   #51
Rookie

Decent at Best's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMcNulty11
Glad you guys are enjoying it.

- The sliders question: I use default sliders on Legend difficulty with the pitch speed bumped up one tick

- and being a Pirates fan is awful for gaming. Editing every other team, seeing their great players. It's the biggest reason I also play RTTS, because the struggle is real as a Buccos guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Sorry last question about gameplay. What hitting/pitching interfaces do you use?

Sent from my SM-A102U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2021, 11:23 PM   #52
Rookie

Random question...

I always do a Pittsburgh Pirates Rebuild, and always start with adding a reliable veteran arm. With that being said, what would you put Rick Porcello's potential at?

He's rated 74 with a 75 potential in free agency...
Old 05-26-2021, 11:50 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonk_McNeeley
Random question...

I always do a Pittsburgh Pirates Rebuild, and always start with adding a reliable veteran arm. With that being said, what would you put Rick Porcello's potential at?

He's rated 74 with a 75 potential in free agency...
75 is right on the money for him imo
Old 05-27-2021, 12:18 AM   #54
Rookie

Love the rosters and all the work put into them. I’m thinking of starting a Mets chise. Only question I had was whether it seemed like Nimmo’s contact and power might be a little high but I could definitely be wrong as I don’t follow them.
Old 05-27-2021, 10:00 AM   #55
Rookie

BrianMcNulty11's Arena

1000+ Hour MLB Roster 2021......

Yeah for Porcello that's about fair. I usually use this formula for potential:

age 35+ = potential exact same as overall

age 25-34 = add 3 to overall, but players 30-34 cannot jump letter grades. (Ex: guy is 32 and a 78. He'd normally be an 81 but I make him 79 pot due to age).

age 17-24 = potential at least 70, if a kid is top 100 he's on my 85-90+ scale. Then each team's top 30 is as follows for guys not in top 100:

future grade 55 = 85-89 potential
future grade 50 = 80-84 potential
future grade 45 = 75-79 potential
future grade 40 = 70-74 potential

**Rare case where a guy is under 25, but graduated from prospect status = add 10 usually, but go case-by-case. Like I have Mitch Keller as a 74 ovr, potential only 84. Two years ago he was A potential but has struggled. I think the 84 might even be a bit high.

Problem with most rosters, default included is that they rank every prospect too high. We gotta remember that 60 ovr in any rating is MLB average on this game according to Ramone.

I also like to remember that it's a video game, and you gotta inflate certain things occasionally to make it fun.

Hope this explains things better as far as my mindset.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2021, 10:32 AM   #56
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMcNulty11

future grade 55 = 85-89 potential
future grade 50 = 80-84 potential
future grade 45 = 75-79 potential
future grade 40 = 70-74 potential

Not to be super picky, but I think you're slightly overrating 50 and 45s a bit. A "50" grade on the 20-80 scale means "average", which in the game with all average attributes creates players around 75-77 OVR. I understand the grade a prospect gets doesn't have to be hard and fast and some flexibility should be accounted for, but I feel like the general tendency should fall in that area.

Just some constructive feedback is all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »