Home

Simplified Version to Editing Drafted Prospects in Franchise

This is a discussion on Simplified Version to Editing Drafted Prospects in Franchise within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2021, 07:47 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Simplified Version to Editing Drafted Prospects in Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarflacco
I definitely think you guys should look into some sort of manual progression model that can account for breakouts and duds.

I try and implement this in my franchises where ill take one player/prospect per team that played super well for the year or the half year and edit them like 10 points or something to account for like players who kind of come out of nowhere but there def seems like a more scientific way to do this

I've actually been thinking about this as well. The Show progression system does account for both good an bad performances when it comes to attribute changes and there is the dynamic potential system (both of which are nice), but the implementation isn't a clean as I'd like.

I'm on my last exam of my M1 year and then I'm off for two months, so that will probably be a project of mine that I tackle after roughly noon eastern on Monday lol
Old 06-22-2021, 06:00 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Simplified Version to Editing Drafted Prospects in Franchise

there's some really great and interesting info in here, thanks guys.
I had a different approach to make it more to my liking and personal preference. I wanted simplicity too so now I rerate potentials based on the 5 tools. I take the higher rated attribute for Contact & Power, their Fielding, Arm Strength & Speed ratings, add those 5 together, then divide by 5. then I have that number converted to a Potential number. this is what it looks like for non-pitchers:

"5-Tool Attribute Score" | Potential
80 | 99
77 | 97
75 | 95
73 | 93
70 | 90
67 | 87
65 | 85
63 | 83
60 | 80
57 | 77
55 | 75
53 | 73
50 | 70
47 | 67
45 | 65
43 | 63
40 | 60
37 | 57
35 | 55
33 | 53
30 | 50
27 | 47
25 | 45
23 | 43
20 | 40

the prospects 5 tool attribute ratings fall nicely into the 20/80 scale. it works almost as nice with pitchers but that needed a slight different approach to getting a final number, and I use 4 ''tools'' instead of 5.
for pitchers I use the higher two of Velocity, Movement & Control, and the highest two of H/9, HR/9, K/9 & BB/9

the reason this works for my preference is I hate having players sitting at 40 overall and an A potential while having other players coming in at 65 and 70 overall and basically no potential to speak of.

anyways, thanks again for the valuable info I gleaned here. really helps to get some differing insight

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »