Home

Players missing in MLB 22 roster

This is a discussion on Players missing in MLB 22 roster within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2022, 04:27 PM   #9
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Players missing in MLB 22 roster

Yes Greg bird was a classic example that was in the game for 2021 because of 2020, Suarez has 0 service time technically a rookie but your right he should be on the list !
Old 03-31-2022, 05:11 PM   #10
Rookie

imalanh1's Arena

OVR: 3

We are at 6 hours and 56 minutes away from download, even at 58 I'm excited. Didn't purchase '21, still used '20, but I actually have a PS5 now, I realize not too expect much visually, but there should be quicker load times, correct.

My actual question, as a guy who wants up to date, accurate 100% (lol) rosters and spends days even weeks editing rosters even with the previous amazing created rosters from Knight and Riden, for example, is it true, out of the box, there are no fake players in '22? Is that right? Believe it when I see it, which is soon.
Old 03-31-2022, 05:18 PM   #11
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by imalanh1
We are at 6 hours and 56 minutes away from download, even at 58 I'm excited. Didn't purchase '21, still used '20, but I actually have a PS5 now, I realize not too expect much visually, but there should be quicker load times, correct.

My actual question, as a guy who wants up to date, accurate 100% (lol) rosters and spends days even weeks editing rosters even with the previous amazing created rosters from Knight and Riden, for example, is it true, out of the box, there are no fake players in '22? Is that right? Believe it when I see it, which is soon.
It is true and CB has confirmed that he hasn't seen any fake players yet that he has come across, but we will know for sure in in about 6 hours or so.

Obviously the rosters will be very out of date and a mess but we are gonna need to move players around anyway for these missing players.

Also we will have to generate some career stats or they will be a rookie even if you edit service time. by using the CPU roster control export trick so I think if you generate 42 games of stats that kills the rookie status and the commentary talking about Thames hitting his first homer or RBI when he's in his late 30s lol. or going for ROTY with Bobby Witt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2022, 05:46 PM   #12
Rookie

imalanh1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
It is true and CB has confirmed that he hasn't seen any fake players yet that he has come across, but we will know for sure in in about 6 hours or so.

Obviously the rosters will be very out of date and a mess but we are gonna need to move players around anyway for these missing players.

Also we will have to generate some career stats or they will be a rookie even if you edit service time. by using the CPU roster control export trick so I think if you generate 42 games of stats that kills the rookie status and the commentary talking about Thames hitting his first homer or RBI when he's in his late 30s lol. or going for ROTY with Bobby Witt
That will be a first, have to add career stats, a "different" kind of "editing" experience. But yeah, if I heard a 10 year veteran hitting their "1st" HR, that would be maddening, lol. We'll see in a few hours. Thanks for the reply. Enjoy.
Old 03-31-2022, 05:52 PM   #13
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7

Guess I’ll have me some creating to do again this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Old 03-31-2022, 05:54 PM   #14
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by imalanh1
That will be a first, have to add career stats, a "different" kind of "editing" experience. But yeah, if I heard a 10 year veteran hitting their "1st" HR, that would be maddening, lol. We'll see in a few hours. Thanks for the reply. Enjoy.
Yeah I know! it will annoy me seeing fake career stats but better then being a rookie. this is what we lose big in no Y2Y saves.

Greg Bird might actually make the blue jays roster I can't take a video of him as he actually was a real player with a scan in last years game. so someone will have to create him from scratch.

feels like xmas eve as a kid doesn't it?
Old 03-31-2022, 06:05 PM   #15
Rookie

imalanh1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Yeah I know! it will annoy me seeing fake career stats but better then being a rookie. this is what we lose big in no Y2Y saves.

Greg Bird might actually make the blue jays roster I can't take a video of him as he actually was a real player with a scan in last years game. so someone will have to create him from scratch.

feels like xmas eve as a kid doesn't it?
Yes, getting giddy. I'm older, I've been playing table top, All American Baseball with the "round disks" and the "spinner, then APBA, then Strat-o-matic, then video games since 1969. I still have the player discs and the spinner from All American, my older brother showed me the game back when, and I was hooked. I still recall ordering the new players cards every year, the 6-8 weeks for delivery seemed like an eternity, now 6-8 weeks is nothing, lol. Just seeing all the people who created rosters, real minor leaguers was a blessing. That's still the "rule", right, a player can't be included until they've played an inning in the majors, right? There's no way we'll see like '21 call ups in the game out of the box from them, THAT would be incredible, I think Ridin works there now, doesn't he? I wonder what happened to 'Knight", used to have PM's with him, helped him a bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2022, 06:20 PM   #16
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Yeah just look at the post by Showtyne a page back he explains on detail all the reasons why these players are missing,

Sometimes other players are missing too because of paperwork not going in that should be in we will find out soon enough !

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »