Home

Franchise Fidelity to Reality Roster Project (Official Thread)

This is a discussion on Franchise Fidelity to Reality Roster Project (Official Thread) within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2022, 01:27 AM   #73
Rookie

imalanh1's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Franchise Fidelity to Reality Roster Project (Official Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViatorLion10
Actually, I don't mind the CPU using an LRP as a 6th starter. In today's MLB, having 6 pitchers over 100IP isn't that farfetched or even uncommon. It's also kinda nice to have that because it gives more reason to have 6 SPs on your MLB roster, so it makes roster management a little more unique because you can carry that 6th SP, or you could choose to go all short relief arms. Really comes down to preference for the player
Just my view, but where is it written that we need to play the game as it is played today, with SP's only allowed to pitch 4-5, rarely 6 innings? Why? Is this better than in the recent past? To me it's called "overmanaging", I would prefer my SP to go at least 7 innings on a regular basis, game story dictating, especially in a video game. If I start seeing SP's stamina ratings in the low 70's, across the board, I will not like this. I'd like to see 25 pitchers that throw 200's. This is the game of baseball, just because the "game" is played differently now, do we have to conform to that? Just wondering if that is the goal you guys are trying to duplicate. Carry on.
Old 04-12-2022, 05:22 AM   #74
Rookie

OSfan093's Arena

OVR: 3

I think everyone can play however they prefer. I probably fall somewhere between your view and the people who want to replicate real life. But I would assume the goal of the roster would be to replicate real life. If the stamina ends up too low for your liking, you could edit the players or use a different roster. But I didnt see anyone say you had to play the game any certain way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imalanh1
Just my view, but where is it written that we need to play the game as it is played today, with SP's only allowed to pitch 4-5, rarely 6 innings? Why? Is this better than in the recent past? To me it's called "overmanaging", I would prefer my SP to go at least 7 innings on a regular basis, game story dictating, especially in a video game. If I start seeing SP's stamina ratings in the low 70's, across the board, I will not like this. I'd like to see 25 pitchers that throw 200's. This is the game of baseball, just because the "game" is played differently now, do we have to conform to that? Just wondering if that is the goal you guys are trying to duplicate. Carry on.
Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-12-2022, 08:06 AM   #75
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeticChris
New players coming into the league or Amy sliders?

I typically play on default sliders. I’ll usually make minor adjustments based off of my level and style of play. My recommendation for others would be to do the same. Make the experience of playing how you want it to be. But default works pretty well

As far as editing incoming players, yes I would absolutely do that. Otherwise, existing prospects will be phased out. I have an editing system described in the original post if you want to check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by ViatorLion10; 04-12-2022 at 08:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2022, 08:15 AM   #76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noiziv
With the ETA being Friday, are you planning on seeing what changes come with the SDS roster update coming out Friday as well? Or do you plan to ignore that update altogether to get your roster out ASAP?

Thanks again for all the hard work on this! Excited to check it out and start my franchise.

Ignore lol. Nothing SDS does with their rosters interests me tbh. They can't even be bothered to put up new/fun pictures on the playing cards every year. Almost everybody is a boring standing shot in the new uniform
Old 04-12-2022, 08:22 AM   #77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imalanh1

Tbh w/ you, it says it right in the title of the project lol

Hate to break it to you, but a ton of guys are gonna be in the low 70s, w/ some guys in the low 50s. The purpose of this project is to replicate reality. That means heavy use of the bullpens.

Now you came in here pretty aggressive, and I'm not quite sure why. If you want an arcade style of experience, this very much isn't the roster for you. And that's fine. You make your own experience. But be respectful to all of us who want a realistic experience
Old 04-12-2022, 09:01 AM   #78
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

As far as stamina goes, if there are any pitchers who's rating doesn't match how I believe they will be used, I have started to trade 1 point for stamina for 1 point of durability. So if a guy who projects to start has a stamina rating of 45, I can raise it 20 points or however much I want, but I would decrease his durability by 20 points as well. I believe Armor & Sword came up with that but I am not 100% certain. It creates a cool risk vs reward scenario when stretching guys out.

Anyway that's sort of off topic, just a suggestion for anyone who wants higher stamina but also wants to keep things somewhat close to today's game.

Excited to check out the roster when it comes out!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Operation Sports mobile app

Thanks Peyton. #18
Old 04-12-2022, 09:15 AM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBoller1331
As far as stamina goes, if there are any pitchers who's rating doesn't match how I believe they will be used, I have started to trade 1 point for stamina for 1 point of durability. So if a guy who projects to start has a stamina rating of 45, I can raise it 20 points or however much I want, but I would decrease his durability by 20 points as well. I believe Armor & Sword came up with that but I am not 100% certain. It creates a cool risk vs reward scenario when stretching guys out.

Anyway that's sort of off topic, just a suggestion for anyone who wants higher stamina but also wants to keep things somewhat close to today's game.

Excited to check out the roster when it comes out!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Operation Sports mobile app

Nah not off topic at all. Kinda like this suggestion, thanks!

Can also do it in reverse, theoretically. So guys who have injury problems as starters become more durable as relievers. Definitely some good ideas.
Old 04-12-2022, 09:22 AM   #80
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViatorLion10
Tbh w/ you, it says it right in the title of the project lol

Hate to break it to you, but a ton of guys are gonna be in the low 70s, w/ some guys in the low 50s. The purpose of this project is to replicate reality. That means heavy use of the bullpens.

Now you came in here pretty aggressive, and I'm not quite sure why. If you want an arcade style of experience, this very much isn't the roster for you. And that's fine. You make your own experience. But be respectful to all of us who want a realistic experience
Be a little careful with stamina for starting pitchers. Most are quite capable of throwing 100 pitches (that’s why they are starters), but only pitch 5 innings because of manager’s decision and the whole “only 2 times through the order” mentality

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »