Home

RBU 2021 Update (beta version) now available

This is a discussion on RBU 2021 Update (beta version) now available within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2021, 07:28 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
RBU 2021 Update (beta version) now available

***NOTE: You must have Microsoft Excel (desktop version) with Visual Basic and enable macros in the settings. The utility will NOT work with the online version.

This is a major update. I've been debugging for awhile but I'm going to upload it and ask some interested folks to play around with it and let me know if you see anything weird. If it looks good then I will upload it as an official version and tag some additional files with it (spreadsheets, custom player calculator, etc...) So post any problems or questions here and I'll answer.

New additions:

1) Pitch ratings...all players now have pitch repertoires and ratings of break and control. Velocity for individual pitches is not available, but a top velocity is. This is a first attempt at this and the data is reliable for some and off for others. Also, pitch ratings are not multi-year weighted according to the values you specify - all pitchers have single year ratings for each season.

2) Expanded minor league options. You have the option of adding full (or near full) minor leagues (from about 1915 on). These are all real players, most of which never played in the majors. This will result in each team having way more than the 90 or so slots available, so I doubt most will take advantage of it, but there you have it anyway. You can also elect to forego minor leaguers or only include those that eventually made it to the majors.

3) The input helper screen has been redone...it now includes additional information such as salary, service time, hitting tendency and more. It also grabs a picture of each player as you cycle through them.

4) I eliminated the screen which had the drop-down menus and player searches. Seemed unnecessary since you can filter the player sheet and I got the impression most people didn't use it anyway.

5) This is a bigger download (178 MB) since there is so much more info, and the main file size is a little bigger and slower since it's doing more. Keep that in mind.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0fyhj...1beta.exe/file

Enjoy,

JT

Last edited by JTommy67; 07-03-2021 at 07:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2021, 12:16 PM   #2
Pro

jemyers1975's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: RBU 2021 Update (beta version) now available

Wow this new update is just plain incredible you just saved at least 2 months of work for me doing the 1987 with all the minor leaguers in it. You are the man !!

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-05-2021, 02:37 PM   #3
Rookie

Sm27's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTommy67
***NOTE: You must have Microsoft Excel (desktop version) with Visual Basic and enable macros in the settings. The utility will NOT work with the online version.

This is a major update. I've been debugging for awhile but I'm going to upload it and ask some interested folks to play around with it and let me know if you see anything weird. If it looks good then I will upload it as an official version and tag some additional files with it (spreadsheets, custom player calculator, etc...) So post any problems or questions here and I'll answer.

New additions:

1) Pitch ratings...all players now have pitch repertoires and ratings of break and control. Velocity for individual pitches is not available, but a top velocity is. This is a first attempt at this and the data is reliable for some and off for others. Also, pitch ratings are not multi-year weighted according to the values you specify - all pitchers have single year ratings for each season.

2) Expanded minor league options. You have the option of adding full (or near full) minor leagues (from about 1915 on). These are all real players, most of which never played in the majors. This will result in each team having way more than the 90 or so slots available, so I doubt most will take advantage of it, but there you have it anyway. You can also elect to forego minor leaguers or only include those that eventually made it to the majors.

3) The input helper screen has been redone...it now includes additional information such as salary, service time, hitting tendency and more. It also grabs a picture of each player as you cycle through them.

4) I eliminated the screen which had the drop-down menus and player searches. Seemed unnecessary since you can filter the player sheet and I got the impression most people didn't use it anyway.

5) This is a bigger download (178 MB) since there is so much more info, and the main file size is a little bigger and slower since it's doing more. Keep that in mind.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0fyhj...1beta.exe/file

Enjoy,

JT
Fantastic!...
I am on Mac, so the actual "utility" I cannot use.
However, a few years ago you made the excel databases available to me (yearly AND career) , So I have gotten used to a workflow where I just search for "player names" in the database in the excel search window to find the RBU Attributes for any given year.
Can you make those excel databases available again with your new formulas incorporated for MLB21?
Thanks.
Great work!
Old 07-05-2021, 06:33 PM   #4
MVP

JTommy67 --- Fabulous work as usual from You. Absolutely a PRICELESS Tool for us Classic Baseball enthusiast & Greatly Appreciated!

Does the new RBU have the function to create individual Team Pages(Tabs)?

I receive the following message when either Rebuilding and/or Loading the Player List:

Run-time error '3004'
Write to file failed.

However, the Player tab is filled with the Players Data --- thus I am not sure why this error appears?

Thanks,
Don
Old 07-05-2021, 07:29 PM   #5
Pro

Hi, Don. Thanks for the compliments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncropper
Does the new RBU have the function to create individual Team Pages(Tabs)?
It does not - only the player list which can be filtered and the input screen.

Quote:
Run-time error '3004'
Write to file failed.
Check to make sure you haven't moved the original file folder from it's default location. (C:/RBU21). There is a temp folder in there that stores the player images. If it's moved, then the code can't find that folder and will throw an error.

You might be tempted to delete it since it will always be empty (the file is deleted when you load a new player) but it's necessary to keep it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2021, 07:43 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTommy67
Hi, Don. Thanks for the compliments.

It does not - only the player list which can be filtered and the input screen.

Check to make sure you haven't moved the original file folder from it's default location. (C:/RBU21). There is a temp folder in there that stores the player images. If it's moved, then the code can't find that folder and will throw an error.

You might be tempted to delete it since it will always be empty (the file is deleted when you load a new player) but it's necessary to keep it.
Works like a Charm now ...... Thanks
Old 07-05-2021, 07:47 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncropper
Works like a Charm now ...... Thanks
Good to hear. Actually, I should've changed the instructions to indicate this, as they lead the user to believe it's okay to move the folder (since you can type in the path on the main page)...used to be, but it's not now, at least for this version.

In the next version I'll change the code to point to the chosen path.

So, thanks for uncovering this oversight!
Old 07-07-2021, 02:31 PM   #8
MVP

Tommy: EXCELLENT work as always!!

Just wondering. Does this 2021 version have a 2021 calculator?
I hear your hopes
I feel your dreams
And in the dark I hear your screams
Don't turn away, Just take my hand
I'll never leave, All I ask of you, Is Believe.

Believe

Savatage - RIP Chris Oliva - April 3, 1963 – October 17, 1993

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »