Home

2022 Hybrid Roster (rerate) - released

This is a discussion on 2022 Hybrid Roster (rerate) - released within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2022, 05:07 PM   #73
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: 2022 Hybrid Roster (rerate)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthsgrg32
So y’all giving all pitchers their correct pitches? I remember years past playing with pitch edits the game is a completely different game which is a good thing. Can you elaborate on the pros of playing with your roster set? Thanks

Any pitcher who is listed on MBmavs pitch edits sheets got a proper pitch arsenal. That said he uses some different pitches to get proper movement in the game then what a pitcher may actually throw but it plays perfect. For example Kevin Gausman has a forkball instead of a splitter because in the game the forkball moves more like a split.

As for Pros and Cons, there are a lot pros if you like accurate faces, an up to date roster and realistic to life gameplay. If you play veteran skill or higher some of the pitchers are just nasty like real but they will miss the zone - again like real life. As for Cons - well the wait to get this done has been the biggest Con but in my personal opinion it is well worth it.

That’s my 2 cents.

Willard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Old 07-24-2022, 07:49 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
Any pitcher who is listed on MBmavs pitch edits sheets got a proper pitch arsenal. That said he uses some different pitches to get proper movement in the game then what a pitcher may actually throw but it plays perfect. For example Kevin Gausman has a forkball instead of a splitter because in the game the forkball moves more like a split.

As for Pros and Cons, there are a lot pros if you like accurate faces, an up to date roster and realistic to life gameplay. If you play veteran skill or higher some of the pitchers are just nasty like real but they will miss the zone - again like real life. As for Cons - well the wait to get this done has been the biggest Con but in my personal opinion it is well worth it.

That’s my 2 cents.

Willard

Yes sir I am all about authentic faces and realism. With your ratings will elite players standout from average players? For instance web gem”s are typically from elite players occasionally role players will get their share. Maybe this has been in The Show previous years but outfielders climb the wall to rob home runs. Not every outfielder should’ve that ability.
Old 07-24-2022, 07:57 PM   #75
Just started!

nbrammer3's Arena

This roster set sounds like a massive project and definitely an impressive job for one person to be doing. Was trying to see if we could narrow down an ETA for this bad boy.. are we close to releasing like tomorrow or are we still looking like a week or two away? Definitely appreciate the contributions to the community. Thx again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2022, 08:34 PM   #76
MVP

Willard76's Arena

Quote:
Yes sir I am all about authentic faces and realism. With your ratings will elite players standout from average players? For instance web gem”s are typically from elite players occasionally role players will get their share. Maybe this has been in The Show previous years but outfielders climb the wall to rob home runs. Not every outfielder should’ve that ability.

The true elite stand out for sure. You just can’t pay a ton of attention to overalls because of the weighting system SDS uses on positions but especially pitchers- there is a difference between throwers and actual pitchers. To me that made the roster fun last year and with our other alterations it should be 100x better than what I did last year - not to mention how much better graphically this game is better from years past IMO.

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Old 07-24-2022, 08:37 PM   #77
MVP

Willard76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbrammer3
This roster set sounds like a massive project and definitely an impressive job for one person to be doing. Was trying to see if we could narrow down an ETA for this bad boy.. are we close to releasing like tomorrow or are we still looking like a week or two away? Definitely appreciate the contributions to the community. Thx again.

There are actually 3 of us on this at different times but we are down to the final stretch. If planets align which I hope they do this will be out latest by Friday night. I just pray for little transactions in the next few days because that slows us the most.

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Old 07-24-2022, 08:46 PM   #78
Just started!

nbrammer3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
There are actually 3 of us on this at different times but we are down to the final stretch. If planets align which I hope they do this will be out latest by Friday night. I just pray for little transactions in the next few days because that slows us the most.

Didn’t know there were 3 of you, but still mightily impressive😀 Appreciate the response and transparency. Here is to hoping we get this out before Friday. 🍻
Old 07-29-2022, 03:51 AM   #79
Rookie

Do release still look promising for today or tonight?
Old 07-29-2022, 10:15 AM   #80
MVP

Willard76's Arena

Quote:
Do release still look promising for today or tonight?

It will be sometime tomorrow - probably in the evening . We are just finishing up tonight and I am making an 18 hour road trip overnight. Once I arrive and get my ps4 hooked up we will get it out to the public.

This thing is a thing of beauty.

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »