Home

The TrueSim Roster Project: MLB 22

This is a discussion on The TrueSim Roster Project: MLB 22 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2022, 12:34 AM   #65
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: The TrueSim Roster Project: MLB 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmeet7
Thanks for all of your work on these rosters, Cy and Jeff. -- Having used these in the past with the SIM and PLAY sliders created a great experience for me.

I have a couple of questions about the process, trying to understand how the rosters get made and what help - if any - community members could provide:

(1) With respect to the spreadsheet and the ratings formulas for TrueSim, I'm trying to understand the process / timeline for creating the spreadsheet with your own ratings. Once games end for 2021, then no new data is introduced before Opening Day of 2022, so do you fill out the sheet during the offseason? -- I guess I'm not understanding why all of the ratings adjustments and spreadsheet work happens after the game is released. What am I missing? Is it possible that volunteers on here could help complete the spreadsheet on a team-by-team basis?

(2) I know you use the Ridin Full Minors roster as a foundation for the TrueSim roster. I haven't seen a thread on here with an ETA on the Ridin's roster, so I'm wondering if you know when you'll have a base roster to begin editing? Once that process begins, does one person go through and make manual edits to each player? Is there any way to share the workload of editing (e.g., volunteers each take one team to edit), or is it too cumbersome to have a lot of cooks in the kitchen?

I apologize for my ignorance on how this all happens; I appreciate your work and patiently await the outcome. If there are ways for those following your thread to help, please let us know!
In the past, most of the sheet was done in the offseason, but I ended up tweaking as the new season started anyway.

This year, I started work closer to the regular season because:
a) I wasn't sure if I was buying 22 at all
b) It's easier to see who teams are using at what position and capacity once the season is underway

We want to produce a roster that is up to our usual standard, so bear with us, we are making progress on both in-game edits and the sheet. We try to be transparent, there's a lot to do but we are going to get it done. So once we have ideas of ETA and such, we will update.

Last edited by Cycloniac; 04-22-2022 at 12:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2022, 10:14 AM   #66
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

So w/e roster Ridin is putting out will be the base? Or has editing been started on a different base?

Really hoping today's roster update includes Robinson Cano, Anibal Sanchez, Dee Strange-Gordon, etc... With face scans.
Old 04-22-2022, 01:15 PM   #67
Rookie

jeffzinn2004's Arena

OVR: 3

I’ve been tinkering with a base this week while adding the edits to it. I’ve been waiting to see if a SDS update comes out today with face scans for Cano and other notable players.
Old 04-22-2022, 01:26 PM   #68
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffzinn2004
I’ve been tinkering with a base this week while adding the edits to it. I’ve been waiting to see if a SDS update comes out today with face scans for Cano and other notable players.

So sounds like you and Cy wont be waiting for Ridins roster?

Guess we’ll see what they say this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-22-2022, 05:51 PM   #69
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

God damnit, no roster update today... I bet Ridin will be putting out a roster with CAP version of Cano, Sanchez, Strange-Gordon, etc... Really sucks, I was hoping those guys would be in with face scans today.
Old 04-24-2022, 11:16 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hope everyone is doing well!

Old 04-25-2022, 12:47 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
God damnit, no roster update today... I bet Ridin will be putting out a roster with CAP version of Cano, Sanchez, Strange-Gordon, etc... Really sucks, I was hoping those guys would be in with face scans today.
Language

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2022, 08:44 AM   #72
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
So sounds like you and Cy wont be waiting for Ridins roster?

Guess we’ll see what they say this weekend.

Jeff can speak more to this, but as of now, we are pushing forward with our own base. We are proud to do that for the first time and I'm sure everyone will recognize the quality work we put in on not only the base, but the ratings as always.

We don't think it makes sense to wait for SDS to add in Cano because it could put us back another week at least, and we want to keep making steady progress.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »