Home

RIDINS ROSTERS - (ADJUSTMENTS FOR YOUR TEAM)

This is a discussion on RIDINS ROSTERS - (ADJUSTMENTS FOR YOUR TEAM) within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2022, 10:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
RIDINS ROSTERS - (ADJUSTMENTS FOR YOUR TEAM)

Hi All, Good Day

RIDIN and his crew released their rosters and did a phenomenal job as always!

With that being said I wanted to see if we could start up a thread that people could come back to that had any adjustments or changes for a team. If this has been done already someone please guide me in the right direction and just disregard this post.

Example: Pirates
Carmen Mlodzinski should be a SP

The changes could be anything from positional, attributes, equipment, contracts, trades or even "missing players" you want to see.

Just something people can skim quick through and see a team and any changes that could make their franchise experience more realistic.

All My Best,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2022, 10:51 AM   #2
Rookie

Seancefc's Arena

Re: RIDINS ROSTERS - (ADJUSTMENTS FOR YOUR TEAM)

I'd also appreciate this. I'm only interested in adjusting the Mets to reflect real life.
Old 05-12-2022, 02:42 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 1

Playing as The Yankees (just started and am a novice fan --although an old fart)
ISIAH KINER-FALEFA : Incresed Defense
JOEY GALLO : Reduced Contact--and slightly reduced Fielding Skills?
Oh and after lstening to a Podcast-reduced RedSox s Trevor Storey vs RHP
Old 05-12-2022, 04:21 PM   #4
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

My Mariners observations so far;

J-Rod is 10 for 11 in steals so far, leading the League. Can't really quantify it yet, but I think he's pretty underrated in the field as well, in terms of his ratings on the SDS roster.

JP Crawford was the AL Gold Glover in the Covid year. I haven't seen a dropoff since then, but SDS seems to think there has been.

Cal Raleigh is going down the Zunino road. Great behind the dish. Can't hit a lick. Woeful splits. Like, worst ever territory.

Kelenic is an absolute strikeout machine.. on pace for 194.. if Haniger was healthy, I think he'd be down in AAA

Mitch Haniger - durability ZERO, negative, if possible

Ty France is on a tear so far, won't be surprised if he keeps it up. One of the Leagues better kept secrets (although it seems like the SDS roster has done him justice)

George Kirby had an amazing debut. It will be interesting if he keeps it up. 3 tremendous offspeed pitches (slider, curve, change)

Logan Gilbert will be the Ms #1 starter in pretty short order. (another guy I think SDS rated well, but a big jump could be coming)

Matt Brash got sent down beacuse of control issues. But he has one of the best sliders I've ever seen, almost as filthy as Mr Snappy. I kid you not.

Andres Munoz is a fireballer.. routinely hits 100 mph.

Last edited by Madden08PCgmr; 05-12-2022 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-12-2022, 05:39 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
My Mariners observations so far;

J-Rod is 10 for 11 in steals so far, leading the League. Can't really quantify it yet, but I think he's pretty underrated in the field as well, in terms of his ratings on the SDS roster.

JP Crawford was the AL Gold Glover in the Covid year. I haven't seen a dropoff since then, but SDS seems to think there has been.

Cal Raleigh is going down the Zunino road. Great behind the dish. Can't hit a lick. Woeful splits. Like, worst ever territory.

Kelenic is an absolute strikeout machine.. on pace for 194.. if Haniger was healthy, I think he'd be down in AAA

Mitch Haniger - durability ZERO, negative, if possible

Ty France is on a tear so far, won't be surprised if he keeps it up. One of the Leagues better kept secrets (although it seems like the SDS roster has done him justice)

George Kirby had an amazing debut. It will be interesting if he keeps it up. 3 tremendous offspeed pitches (slider, curve, change)

Logan Gilbert will be the Ms #1 starter in pretty short order. (another guy I think SDS rated well, but a big jump could be coming)

Matt Brash got sent down beacuse of control issues. But he has one of the best sliders I've ever seen, almost as filthy as Mr Snappy. I kid you not.

Andres Munoz is a fireballer.. routinely hits 100 mph.

First wanted to say I love the idea of this thread. I am also a huge M's fan and I agree with everything you said above. What I have observed is below:

J-ROD - spd boost to 98 in DD, was really suprised by this initially but his ft/sec. times are only 0.1 off from Trey Turner and like 99 percentile in the league so I guess the data doesn't lie

Crawford - FLD, arm, reaction should get boost in my opinion
Kelenic - need to drop vision and contact
Ty France - boost to contact vs right (he's batting .350 vs righty's so far this year)

Kirby - increase across the board to control, also maybe a slight bump to velo because he has touched 98/99 with his FB fairly consistently

Gilbert - increase to H/9, BB/9, K/9

Brash - decrease control, pitch break to 99 (rediculous pitch movement, just has control issues)

Munoz - increase in BB/9, his BB/9 rating in the game is terrible. I don't think he should be super high but maybe mid-high 40's vs mid-high 30's.

Penn Murfee - should get boosted IMO to high 60's overall rating. On the base roster he is high 50's, he hasn't allowed a run this year in 6 appearances and has 11 K's vs 1 BB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2022, 11:47 AM   #6
Rookie

Wow loved reading all the wonderful replies. I also learned a lot about your teams doing the one thing I enjoy doing just reading while grabbing a coffee. It's my understanding that today is the SDS roster update so will be looking at that.

Let's try and give ppl corrections in the game seems people are coming here and wanting that.

So if any attributes should change feel free to say what you think it should be in the game so people can agree or disagree. This way everyone looking in the thread will have close to perfect hopefully teams for their franchise.

I'll be streaming my franchise today my twitch and YouTube name is the same name on here for any of those interested. It's a little different as I play the real lineups and rotations of that day IRL and I also play with ALL the teams as I just really enjoy baseball and like playing with a lot of different players and teams.

Again guys, I gotta say great additions added especially the Mariners! Very unbiased opinions.
Old 05-14-2022, 10:35 AM   #7
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd12hornets
First wanted to say I love the idea of this thread. I am also a huge M's fan and I agree with everything you said above. What I have observed is below:

J-ROD - spd boost to 98 in DD, was really suprised by this initially but his ft/sec. times are only 0.1 off from Trey Turner and like 99 percentile in the league so I guess the data doesn't lie

Crawford - FLD, arm, reaction should get boost in my opinion
Kelenic - need to drop vision and contact
Ty France - boost to contact vs right (he's batting .350 vs righty's so far this year)

Kirby - increase across the board to control, also maybe a slight bump to velo because he has touched 98/99 with his FB fairly consistently

Gilbert - increase to H/9, BB/9, K/9

Brash - decrease control, pitch break to 99 (rediculous pitch movement, just has control issues)

Munoz - increase in BB/9, his BB/9 rating in the game is terrible. I don't think he should be super high but maybe mid-high 40's vs mid-high 30's.

Penn Murfee - should get boosted IMO to high 60's overall rating. On the base roster he is high 50's, he hasn't allowed a run this year in 6 appearances and has 11 K's vs 1 BB.
I am playing as the Mariners. I am not too familiar with them except for the bigger names. The players you mentioned, what did you change it to? For example, When you say you raised Gilbert across the board, I don’t want to cheat the system by raising him too much. So I would rather do what you did.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 05-14-2022, 01:54 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
I am playing as the Mariners. I am not too familiar with them except for the bigger names. The players you mentioned, what did you change it to? For example, When you say you raised Gilbert across the board, I don’t want to cheat the system by raising him too much. So I would rather do what you did.

IMO I tend to lean towards rating players conservatively if they are breakout performers without much track record. If you’re setting a player up for franchise, might I suggest a more conservative starting overall combined with a higher potential? Kind of strikes a balance is my thought

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »