Home

Your Team's Equipment Changes

This is a discussion on Your Team's Equipment Changes within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
Football Simulator Hands-On Preview
World of Chel Tips and Tricks: How to Be a Good Teammate
Sunday Rivals Review - Great Mix of Sim and Arcade

Old 05-22-2022, 06:35 PM   #1
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Your Team's Equipment Changes

There's a couple threads for individual teams, but I figured (especially with gear added later not being applied to players in the default rosters), this might be a good idea. It doesn't have to be super comprehensive or specific. If you know every detail of every player on a team, great. If you have just noticed that a guy is wearing a different color arm sleeve this year, that's cool too. If you know a guy wears Mizuno stuff irl but is in generic stuff in game, fantastic. Whatever you have.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2022, 06:36 PM   #2
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

Re: Your Team's Equipment Changes

First, here are the Catchers I noticed need to be in different Cather's gear (afaik):

BAL - Robinson Chirinos (Nike)

BOS - Kevin Plawecki (Nike)

TB - Francisco Mejia (Nike)

TOR - Danny Jansen (Nike), Alejandro Kirk (All-Star, including All-Star mask), Zack Collins (Nike, and a Traditional Mask)

CHW - Reese McGuire (Nike)

LAA - Kurt Suzuki (Nike)

ATL - Manny Piņa (Nike), Travis d'Arnaud (Nike), William Contreras (Nike)

MIA - Jacob Stallings (Nike), Willans Astudillo (Traditional Mask), Payton Henry (All-Star)

NYM - James McCann (Nike)

PHI - Austin Wynns (Nike)

CHC - Willson Contreras (Nike)

CIN - Sandy Leon (Nike)

MIL - Victor Caratini (Nike), Alex Jackson (Nike), Pedro Severino (Nike)

PIT - Roberto Perez (Nike)

STL - Andrew Knitzer (Nike)

ARI - Greyson Greiner (Nike), Daulton Varsho (Nike)

LAD - Austin Barnes (Nike)

SD - Luis Camousano (Nike)

SF - Joey Bart (Nike)

Yan Gomes (CHC), Jake Rogers (DET), and Austin Romine should also have Mizuno catcher's gear, but it doesn't exist in the game.

Old 05-22-2022, 07:24 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

If you want the most accurate catchers gear, grab the text files from this zip file. It has the info for the brand and colors for all opening day 40 man catchers for the various uniforms. Like was mentioned above , there are a handful of catchers that wear brands of gear that aren't in the game, so those had to be substituted with an available option but if you want them to wear the correct gear for home and away games, all the info is posted. You just have to change them before every game.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zNy...ew?usp=sharing
Old 05-22-2022, 07:37 PM   #4
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

Some Braves:

Ronald Acuņa - Should have the Nike Diamond Elite Elbow Guard and the Nike Diamond Elite Leg Guard. The compression sleeve on his left arm has been yellow for most the season, but he's also worn red.

Travis d'Arnaud - Should be wearing Long Sleeves on both arms. For batting gloves, they should either be Team Color 1 or 3 for Main/Leather/Wrist, and White or Team Color 1 for knuckle.

Ozzie Albies - His compression sleeves should be Style 1 and in Team Color 1. His Batting Gloves should have Yellow as the Knuckle color. His Shin Guard should be the Nike Diamond Elite Leg Guard (without the foot guard). For his elbow you can either leave as is or swap to the Nike Elbow Guard. He wears Nike, but it's not the extended on, so Evo looks closer (minus the logo).

Austin Riley - I think his cleats are the Mizuno Pro Dominant TPU. I have them in: TC2/White/TC1/TC1/TC2/White/TC2/White, but he's worn a couple different color schemes. Glove: Mizuno Pro Limited. Batting Gloves: Mizuno B-303 Pro, again he varies the colors. I've seen white, red, and dark blue. Also remove sunglasses.

Marcell Ozuna - He has mostly worn a white compression sleeve this year (home and away), though he's also worn dark blue. I couldn't find a picture, but I remember him breaking out the neon yellow for a game too. I also change it to Style 1 (he doesn't have the weird white pattern on the elbow the Nike sleeve has, from what I can tell). For the elbow guard, I don't recognize the logo on it, and couldn't find the elbow guard for sale. But it looks a lot more like the Tater Elbow Guard to me (and the logo kinda looks like a variant of the Tater logo that says "XB" instead of TB. He's worn neon yellow/silver on the road, and at home, it's been red, blue, and neon yellow (I personally went with neon yellow/TC1 for the elbow). Same goes for the leg guard (with foot guard). Also, no Sunglasses.

Last edited by DonkeyJote; 05-22-2022 at 07:40 PM.
Old 05-22-2022, 07:38 PM   #5
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm
If you want the most accurate catchers gear, grab the text files from this zip file. It has the info for the brand and colors for all opening day 40 man catchers for the various uniforms. Like was mentioned above , there are a handful of catchers that wear brands of gear that aren't in the game, so those had to be substituted with an available option but if you want them to wear the correct gear for home and away games, all the info is posted. You just have to change them before every game.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zNy...ew?usp=sharing
That is absolutely fantastic, thank you for sharing.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2022, 10:32 PM   #6
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

Austin Nola (SD) Batting Gloves: Franklin CFX Pro Full Color Chrome, TC2/TC1/TC2/TC1. Gloves in Pocket: None. Compression Sleeve: None. Sleeves: Both, Above Elbow. Wrist Tape: Both, Long, Black. Wrist Guard: Left, Style 1 (should be All-Star, but not in game as of now), Black. Cleats: New Balance 4040v6, Everything White but Graphic Color 1 (Black) at home, White/Black/Black/Black/Black/Black/White/Black on the road.

Yan Gomes (CHC) Batting Gloves: not in game, closest it probably Mizuno MVP, all white. Wrist Tape: Both, Long, Black. Wrist Guard: Left, Style 1 (should also be All-Star), Black. Cleats: Mizuno Dominant Knit, White/TC2/Blue/Blue/Blue/Blue/Blue/TC2 home, TC1/TC2/TC3/TC3/TC3/TC3/TC3/Black away.

Old 05-22-2022, 11:56 PM   #7
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
Some Braves:

Ronald Acuņa - Should have the Nike Diamond Elite Elbow Guard and the Nike Diamond Elite Leg Guard. The compression sleeve on his left arm has been yellow for most the season, but he's also worn red.

Travis d'Arnaud - Should be wearing Long Sleeves on both arms. For batting gloves, they should either be Team Color 1 or 3 for Main/Leather/Wrist, and White or Team Color 1 for knuckle.

Ozzie Albies - His compression sleeves should be Style 1 and in Team Color 1. His Batting Gloves should have Yellow as the Knuckle color. His Shin Guard should be the Nike Diamond Elite Leg Guard (without the foot guard). For his elbow you can either leave as is or swap to the Nike Elbow Guard. He wears Nike, but it's not the extended on, so Evo looks closer (minus the logo).

Austin Riley - I think his cleats are the Mizuno Pro Dominant TPU. I have them in: TC2/White/TC1/TC1/TC2/White/TC2/White, but he's worn a couple different color schemes. Glove: Mizuno Pro Limited. Batting Gloves: Mizuno B-303 Pro, again he varies the colors. I've seen white, red, and dark blue. Also remove sunglasses.

Marcell Ozuna - He has mostly worn a white compression sleeve this year (home and away), though he's also worn dark blue. I couldn't find a picture, but I remember him breaking out the neon yellow for a game too. I also change it to Style 1 (he doesn't have the weird white pattern on the elbow the Nike sleeve has, from what I can tell). For the elbow guard, I don't recognize the logo on it, and couldn't find the elbow guard for sale. But it looks a lot more like the Tater Elbow Guard to me (and the logo kinda looks like a variant of the Tater logo that says "XB" instead of TB. He's worn neon yellow/silver on the road, and at home, it's been red, blue, and neon yellow (I personally went with neon yellow/TC1 for the elbow). Same goes for the leg guard (with foot guard). Also, no Sunglasses.

From what I can tell with Austin Riley is that he wears red shoes at home and blue shoes on the road.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 05-23-2022, 01:13 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
From what I can tell with Austin Riley is that he wears red shoes at home and blue shoes on the road.

Nope, he mixes it up. https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/a...austin%20riley

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »