Home

OS94 (MLB 22) Thread

This is a discussion on OS94 (MLB 22) Thread within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2022, 07:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
OS94 (MLB 22) Thread

Figured I'd stop spamming the community roster thread since I'm releasing my second version.

And it is now out!

Look for OS94 (Version 2) in the vault by user Phil Parent.

Release Notes....

- Now 716 players, including every player in the set that will be rated 70+ out the gate. All players include real contracts, salaries adjusted for market and inflation, faces & equipment as good as I can make them!

- Base is a generic'd out roster of old players having 1 OV, hopefully they dissapear from your game quick in Season mode. Turn off Legends as I haven't removed them all yet.

- Stats are RBU with some adjustements.

- Set includes extended prospect pools, which works has follows:

1: No matter when drafted, if a drafted player would be 17 in 1994, he's on the roster of the team that eventually signed him.

2: If a drafted player would be 16 in 1994, then he would need to be an all-star level talent to be included.

3: if a drafted player would be 15 in 1994, then he would need to be an hall of fame level talent to be included.

4: International free agents get assigned to Free Agency if they didn't sign prior to April 1st 1994, granted they fit the above rules.

5: Arizona & Tampa Bay, to help get ACTUAL players that played for them on there, get the prospects that would eventually debut in MLB on their roster, even if they signed and played in the minors for another team first. They also get their international free agents, given they ALSO debuted on their roster. Age rules also slide back one year: They get everybody they signed out of the draft aged 17-16 in 1994, all-stars aged 15, and HOFers aged 14... if any.

- Set also includes an extended free agents pool: Every player retiring between 1990 and 1993 is eligible, with stats rolled back 1 OV from their last year's rating for every year they've been inactive. Also includes international free agents, actual free agents from the start of the 1994 season, and Cuban standout Omar Linares, who is one of the best to have never played in the majors.

- Fixed: Removed all high stirrups and baggy pants that don't belong in the time period. I think I got them all, anyways.

- Thank you to every player creator who uploaded players from this time period. I modified them, but it was a great time saver. I hope my players were useful too.

- Next release will be when I have full MLB rosters. That's the next goal. I also want to remove the few Legends I have on teams.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Phil Parent; 06-17-2022 at 09:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2022, 08:39 PM   #2
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: OS94 (MLB 22) Thread

Bro this sound so dope. And u not the same Phil from the awesome creating in fire pro wrestling are u if so holy cow these rosters are going to rock. Wish u did current rosters

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Old 06-17-2022, 09:14 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
Bro this sound so dope. And u not the same Phil from the awesome creating in fire pro wrestling are u if so holy cow these rosters are going to rock. Wish u did current rosters
Yes I am! I put the Fire Pro Anthology on hold and started doing these because I'm waiting to see if Director Matsumoto goes ahead with a sequel to World. I don't want to do hundreds more edits on top of the thousand I've done already if they're all going to be obsolete next year....

I wish we had year to year saves still but doing baseball again is a nice change of pace.

Last edited by Phil Parent; 06-17-2022 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-18-2022, 08:49 AM   #4
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Outstanding project Phil. I am out of pocket but will update the Classic Roster thread with V2 next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 06-18-2022, 03:17 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent
Figured I'd stop spamming the community roster thread since I'm releasing my second version.

And it is now out!

Look for OS94 (Version 2) in the vault by user Phil Parent.

Release Notes....

- Now 716 players, including every player in the set that will be rated 70+ out the gate. All players include real contracts, salaries adjusted for market and inflation, faces & equipment as good as I can make them!

- Base is a generic'd out roster of old players having 1 OV, hopefully they dissapear from your game quick in Season mode. Turn off Legends as I haven't removed them all yet.

- Stats are RBU with some adjustements.

- Set includes extended prospect pools, which works has follows:

1: No matter when drafted, if a drafted player would be 17 in 1994, he's on the roster of the team that eventually signed him.

2: If a drafted player would be 16 in 1994, then he would need to be an all-star level talent to be included.

3: if a drafted player would be 15 in 1994, then he would need to be an hall of fame level talent to be included.

4: International free agents get assigned to Free Agency if they didn't sign prior to April 1st 1994, granted they fit the above rules.

5: Arizona & Tampa Bay, to help get ACTUAL players that played for them on there, get the prospects that would eventually debut in MLB on their roster, even if they signed and played in the minors for another team first. They also get their international free agents, given they ALSO debuted on their roster. Age rules also slide back one year: They get everybody they signed out of the draft aged 17-16 in 1994, all-stars aged 15, and HOFers aged 14... if any.

- Set also includes an extended free agents pool: Every player retiring between 1990 and 1993 is eligible, with stats rolled back 1 OV from their last year's rating for every year they've been inactive. Also includes international free agents, actual free agents from the start of the 1994 season, and Cuban standout Omar Linares, who is one of the best to have never played in the majors.

- Fixed: Removed all high stirrups and baggy pants that don't belong in the time period. I think I got them all, anyways.

- Thank you to every player creator who uploaded players from this time period. I modified them, but it was a great time saver. I hope my players were useful too.

- Next release will be when I have full MLB rosters. That's the next goal. I also want to remove the few Legends I have on teams.

Thoughts?
Awesome, Phil. Few questions:

*Will the minor leaguers mainly have generic faces and skin tones to match their ethnicity (black, brown, and white) ?

*How accurate are secondary positions for utility players ?

*Have you found a good slider set to replicate era-specific sim stats ?

*Will you release AAA version once completed ?

*Do you expect all teams 93 man rosters to be done before the end of 2022 ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2022, 04:51 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenya1991
Awesome, Phil. Few questions:

*Will the minor leaguers mainly have generic faces and skin tones to match their ethnicity (black, brown, and white) ?

*How accurate are secondary positions for utility players ?

*Have you found a good slider set to replicate era-specific sim stats ?

*Will you release AAA version once completed ?

*Do you expect all teams 93 man rosters to be done before the end of 2022 ?
YES! Press conference style questionning, I love this, thanks

- Because of the nature of the set and the extended prospect pools, the career minor leaguers will be at a minimum, because there will be a lot more players in there that would go on to have MLB experience, so I WILL make an effort to have decent enough faces and equipment on everybody. For the few career minor leaguers there will be, including the 1995 scabs which I will put in and use to populate Tampa & Arizona eventually, I'll do my best to find reference pictures and such but otherwise they'll be generics.

- I wish we had the UT position, Jose Oquendo is not the same without it. Hell, I wish we had DH, some of them guys really shouldn't see action in the field at all. Position is always hard for some players, some guys played the majority of their career at one but during THIS period they played another one, so you have to weight if season accuracy or career accuracy is more important... Some have no position that stands out at all so you REALLY got to go with what he was in 1994. My general reasoning is, I'm putting in a 2nd position if they played at least 50% of their main positions games at another position. So for exemple, Player X played 500 games at 1B and 250 games at 3B, he gets 3B as a 2nd. Player Y played 500 games at SS and 75 games in the OF, he doesn't get a 2nd. I think this is a fair balance between representing utility players properly and making users work harder to fill their lineup since not everybody has a 2nd position you can use.

- I don't mess with sliders at all, but if anybody wants to do it, thanks in advance.

- I might release again prior to Full MLB actually. Maybe when I got around 1000 players in.

- I aim to have a full 93-man roster + full free agency set without any generic filler. I'd love to have it done this year. I'll be on vacation from work in 3 weeks until mid-August and things are ramping up on the editing side, I've got a good pace going ATM.

- I'll add: I hope Sony sees and respects the way users like me play their game, because to me this is playing the game, and bring back year to year saves or even better, bring direct year to year conversion for roster files. I've decided to do this project as my own brand of protest after a couple years of not doing any MLB work other than the generic rosters. Just to show that the community is willing and able to do great content, for free, that expands the replay value of their product, but that if we don't get a little help with our hobby, MLB 23 isn't likely to get any large scale mod such as this. This and a few others are the only ones. Who would want to do this again next year, without Y2Y, really?

Quantity and quality of projects have gone down, is that really something Sony should aim for when the user-created content used to be a major, if unnofficial, selling point for the game?
Old 06-19-2022, 08:36 AM   #7
Rookie

artvandeleghe's Arena

I just downloaded your V2 file Phil and it is fantastic work, much appreciated dude! Can't wait for your full MLB 40 man roster file, i am going to wait until that releases to start a franchise i think. I agree they really need to bring back the YTY saves. I just bought MLB22 for PS5 because i heard the hitting is much improved this year (MLB21 it was just off) AND i am so sick of old commentary from Vasgersian and Derosa and Plesac - I will take anything over hearing them anymore! Lol - anyway thanks
Old 06-19-2022, 04:03 PM   #8
Rookie

I don't have video of catcher Brent Mayne's batting stance.

I DO have video of catcher Brent Mayne's pitching delivery motion, because he did win a game he pitched an inning in, and that's enough of a curiosity for it to be 4-5 times on YT.

Go figure.

Random stance it is.

Speaking of catchers, I didn't put in catcher styles. Are they important to you?

If anyone is willing to make me a list of 1994 catchers and those who are Offset or One Knee, I WILL go in and edit it.

Last edited by Phil Parent; 06-19-2022 at 04:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »