Home

College rosters

This is a discussion on College rosters within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2022, 01:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
College rosters

Hello - there was interest in some college rosters, so I wanted to let you all know that I have just upload roster of 30 all time great college teams. It took about 2 months to create (and would have taken a lot longer if this great community hadn't already created many of the players I needed, so thank you for that.) Once I got the rosters built, I then came up with my own rating system and ranked all 800ish players using baseballcube.com. Boy, I really hope rosters carry over to next year's game...like I said, this took forever but was pretty fun too.

The roster is under jls51376. And another thank you to the folks that have uploaded logos and stadiums, because I am able to use those and create a very realistic and enjoyable college game. Each team has the proper players on the MLB roster but as we know, the computer has a mind of its own after spring training, so you'll likely need to make some edits after your season starts. I also added a handful of players to each AAA team that you can use for September callups...(yes, I know I'm probably the only person that gets this involved in a college season...haha)

Here are the teams:
Baltimore - Georgia Tech
Boston - Miami
NYY - Florida St.
TB - Clemson
Toronto - UNC

CHW - Kansas
Cleveland - Kansas St.
Detroit - Iowa St.
KC - Oklahoma St.
Minn - Nebraska

Houston - Texas Tech
LAA - Wichita St.
Oak - Louisville
Seattle - Cal State Fullerton
Texas - Texas

Atlanta - Mizzou
Miami - Oklahoma
NYM - Tennessee
Philadelphia - Arkansas
Washington - Vanderbilt

CHC - Ole Miss
Cincinnati - Florida
Milwaukee - LSU
Pitt - Miss St.
STL - Auburn

Arizona - USC
Colorado - UCLA
LAD - Stanford
SD - Arizona St.
SF - Oregon St.

I hope you enjoy these!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2022, 06:31 PM   #2
Rookie

ballnchain's Arena

Re: College rosters

Wow, fantastic and thank you, will download! You're not the only one, huge college baseball fan here and this is great (also great to see my Sun Devils on the list). There are a lot of great ballparks folks have created. Thank you!
Old 06-20-2022, 10:20 AM   #3
Rookie

ballnchain's Arena

Sorry for the double post, but I just have to give you kudos (at least for the Arizona State roster-that's all I've checked out so far, but had to write a note).

Simply, INCREDIBLE. I'm a long time Sun Devil and this is very very impressive. I'm going to dive into a few games today. Seriously, thank you for this.

OH-random question, does anyone know if you can edit the coaches when you do created teams? Would love to have the legendary Jim Brock at the helm for my franchise.

Thanks again.
Old 06-20-2022, 10:50 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

i enjoy college ball to.

i the only picking thing i have Iowa St hasnt had team in a long time. other than that it great.

i know they did at one time, but like wisconsin hast for a long time that im aware of.

if some knows there history i'd to know it.
Old 06-20-2022, 11:14 AM   #5
Rookie

Appreciate the kind words. Arizona State was one of those teams where I could’ve added about 60 players, but I had to draw the line somewhere so I could finish this project. It was hard to leave off Travis Buck, Kole Calhoun, Andrew Beinbrink, Hubie Brooks, Alvin Davis…the list goes on and on.

As for Iowa State, I grew up in old Big 8 country and knew either played with or knew several guys associated with ISU so had to include them at the expense of some other powerhouse programs. Plus it’s fun to have a cupcake on the schedule.

Maybe someday, The Show will allow for more teams, customized divisions, the ability to play a shortened season, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2022, 12:04 PM   #6
Rookie

ballnchain's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jls7
Appreciate the kind words. Arizona State was one of those teams where I could’ve added about 60 players, but I had to draw the line somewhere so I could finish this project. It was hard to leave off Travis Buck, Kole Calhoun, Andrew Beinbrink, Hubie Brooks, Alvin Davis…the list goes on and on.

As for Iowa State, I grew up in old Big 8 country and knew either played with or knew several guys associated with ISU so had to include them at the expense of some other powerhouse programs. Plus it’s fun to have a cupcake on the schedule.

Maybe someday, The Show will allow for more teams, customized divisions, the ability to play a shortened season, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Totally understand and I'm sure you had to make some tough decisions for most of those teams! I am using about 75% of the teams you did rosters for, the others won't match, but its cool. I grew up in Colorado and remember those old Big 8 days. In my franchise I created a few teams that don't have a team anymore or have come on recently, just because I could-Colorado State (my hometown), CU, Coastal Carolina, Notre Dame, Long Beach. So fun. Have a good one!
Old 06-20-2022, 12:06 PM   #7
Rookie

ballnchain's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoll86
i enjoy college ball to.

i the only picking thing i have Iowa St hasnt had team in a long time. other than that it great.

i know they did at one time, but like wisconsin hast for a long time that im aware of.

if some knows there history i'd to know it.
Yeah I did a few teams that no longer have a program, just for the fun/nostalgia factor.
Old 06-22-2022, 11:45 AM   #8
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Just sent you a pm Jls7.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »