Home

Dynamic difficulty and default sliders

This is a discussion on Dynamic difficulty and default sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2022, 12:44 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Dynamic difficulty and default sliders

Anyone playing in single team franchise mode with this combination and liking it? Do all sliders have to be set to default for the dynamic difficulty for proper progression?

So far everything seems well balanced.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2022, 05:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Dynamic difficulty and default sliders

I did this and found it took about 15 games or so for the dynamic sliders to settle in where my games were competitive. I started out with the setting at 10 so the sliders would adjust quickly. Once settled in I lowered that to 1 so they aren't adjusting all of the time. Results for me are competitive games with believable stats.

FWIW I bat, pitch, and use auto baserunning. I also use auto fielding with me making the throws. It's working well for me with some shortcomings. I wish you could lock the sliders individually for batting or pitching. My pitching frequently gets up to HOF with my hitting lagging behind. I would like to lock my pitching and let my hitting continue to adjust but that's not possible. The result is my pitching will, at times, drop below HOF as I try to use DD to increase my hitting difficulty.

I think the pitching will change too easily (go lower) for reasons that don't make sense. I can hit the perfect release point and location but the batter reaches out and bloops a hit and my pitching difficulty goes down. Seems to me if one is hitting the release point perfectly there should be no decrease because a batter gets a hit. IE I'm dead on in my performance how and why is lowering the challenge necessary? Sometimes in baseball the batter just gets lucky and finds a spot where nobody can get to the ball.

I do like the setting much better than searching for a slider set and continually having to monitor my play wondering "should I increase this or that"? Am I winning because my sliders are too easy or am I in a hot or lucky streak?

The DD is giving me good games where I don't feel like I'm being screwed when I lose nor having my wins come too easily. I am impressed they work this well.
Old 01-11-2023, 11:39 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

In a single-team franchise mode, DDP could be used to adjust the difficulty level of the computer-controlled teams that you compete against, so that the difficulty level is more appropriate for your skill level. Some games do have this feature in their franchise mode and it's likely that you'll have to set all sliders to default, as to let the game decide the best settings, but this will vary depending on the game.
Old 01-12-2023, 04:56 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy85410
Anyone playing in single team franchise mode with this combination and liking it? Do all sliders have to be set to default for the dynamic difficulty for proper progression?

So far everything seems well balanced.
Dynamic only affects the difficulty setting, not the underlying sliders that affect gameplay in general. Same as adjusting the difficulty from Rookie to Veteran to All Star to Legend would do. So you're still free to change the gameplay sliders to whatever you want - though it will likely change the rate at which Dynamic progresses/regresses as it gets easier/tougher to play the game.

With all that said...if everything is well balanced like you say, I wouldn't change a thing. I personally feel like this game plays very well at or close to the slider defaults as long as I'm on a difficulty that I find challenging (for me, that is Legend). For some like myself, the difficulty setting modification, be it through Dynamic or just setting it manually - is all you need.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »