Home

Simming, quick counts and custom entry - will I need 3 separate slider sets?

This is a discussion on Simming, quick counts and custom entry - will I need 3 separate slider sets? within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2024, 11:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Simming, quick counts and custom entry - will I need 3 separate slider sets?

So I don’t have the game until Tuesday, but starting to think of how I’ll set up my franchise sliders …

I generally play with quick counts on… but I also sim a lot of games … and I’m also interested in the custom entry mode to play more partial games.

I already know the sliders for quick count games need to be different than when simming … since with quick counts not subtracting 1 anymore you need to heavily increase pitcher stamina and drop manager hook in order to get pitchers deeper into games.

But if you keep those sliders on during simming you’ll see wayyy to many complete games and inflated IP totals.

Then sadly custom entry doesn’t allow you to play with quick counts … so I’ll likely need a different set of sliders for that.

Does anyone else have multiple sets of sliders they use for franchise and switch around for different situations? Is this doable and just a minor inconvenience to have to remember which sliders to have in at which times ?

Any insight on this would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Simming, quick counts and custom entry - will I need 3 separate slider sets?

Yes, you definitely need a seperate slider set when simulating. Turn down SP and RP Stamina by a lot, and increase Manager Hook. Other than that, I don't think any of the sliders have an impact while simulating the games.
Old 03-19-2024, 07:17 PM   #3
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Simming, quick counts and custom entry - will I need 3 separate slider sets?

You will get multiple opinions on this and there is no wrong answer as it varies from player to player. I will say that one set of sliders will be good. I see no need for multiple.

Just my opinion.

Like I said, others will have differing opinions and that's okay.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 03-20-2024, 12:12 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
You will get multiple opinions on this and there is no wrong answer as it varies from player to player. I will say that one set of sliders will be good. I see no need for multiple.

Just my opinion.

Like I said, others will have differing opinions and that's okay.
Biggest issue I have with that as a quick counts player is when simming I’m trying to get SPs out of the game sooner as there’s too many complete games out of the default settings. Whereas with quick counts, in game I’m trying to keep pitchers in the game longer as they reach 100 pitches faster and thus come out sooner than they should situationally.
Old 03-22-2024, 01:56 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

It is disappointing to me that custom entry doesn't allow for quick counts. My typical way to play is to play entire game but with quick counts on.

I do find the custom entry addition to he intriguing and have played around with it. Not sure if I'd stick with it or not but what I've found out in my test plays is that with the type of custom entry conditions I would like, the loss of quick counts is making the game almost as long as normal full game with quick counts on. So the only real benefit for me is if I raise the entry conditions significantly.

Applaud the idea. I think the custom entry conditions is potentially a fun way to play for those who want some impact on games but don't want to play full 162. I really wish they would add quick counts to this feature however.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »